Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
End the war between the KDF and the Federation, use the Deferi to lay the groundwork for peace. But there is no HONOUR I hear you say, well I say there is honour to be gained through co-operation. For only through Co-Operation can we defeat the Borg, the Undine and the Breen.

With the war over, the Klingons can then enter federation space again, opening up a whole lot of area for them to explore and do things in, and vica versa. Fleet actions and missions already existent could then be made available to Klingons.

How would this work you wonder?
Well, right now Federation missions are offered from the Admirals in Starfleet, well, as a Klingon, you'd be given your orders from your current admirals, who in turn behind the "scenes" be getting the orders from the Klingon/Federation Command group.

But what about our PVP?!
Well, that's easy, war games, the Federation already have this, and it's kinda sad that it takes away from Klingon V Fed PVP, so how about removing the FVF and just opening up the options to select which forces on which side in the PVP set-up screen. That way groups of Fed and Klingons can work together to fight other Feds and Klingons, balancing out PVP cues quite nicely.

Story wise, this is all war games to help "train" for combat against the Undine, Borg and Breen, which at the moment, whilst all 3 fronts are available for both Klingons and Federation to fight in, are currently still segregated. Surely we'd all stand stronger if we were allied against these foes, it worked when we were at risk from the Dominion and right now the stakes are higher, so a cease-fire/peace treaty between the two factions would not be out of place.

So, to summarise, in a TLDR format; I'm not saying merge the factions, they can keep what makes the different, however, I think we can all agree the Klingons want what the Federation currently has, so the simplest solution would be to give it to them, by brokering a peace treaty, or even a Cease Fire, this can be achieved with minimal collateral damage. We managed peace during the Dominion War, and now the stakes are higher, so it would make sense to pool our resources once again.

Once again, I urge you, the honourable Klingon people, to say yes to proposition 47, and welcome Peace with the Federation, facilitated by our mutual friends, the Deferi.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Tbh, I think something like this would fix alot of issues between the fighting of Klingons and Feds both on the forums and ingame..

When it comes to PVP i think a more "Open world" system would fit smoother with something like that, Maybe add a completely new sector of space which is only accessable via Transwarp Conduit like what was done with Borg Space, and design it to be open world add a few systems and remove that damned PVP Rank limit. Its a bit annoying that Fleets are limited with what they can do with each other it would be nice if a fleet of all ranks could head into a PVP zone together and fight it out something like that in my opinion would also increase the amount of Teamwork involved with PVP then there is now, Maybe also adding a system so fleets could fight for control of a system could be put in? Would make things a little more intresting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Kahles him self said "Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat." It's an interesting idea, but I don't think that many of the Federation Episodes fit for Klingons without major overhauls .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Kahles him self said "Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat." It's an interesting idea, but I don't think that many of the Federation Episodes fit for Klingons without major overhauls .
The comment I always heard is that most of them feel more like Klingon missions than Federation missions.

Particularly the Romulan front ones.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
So, to summarise, in a TLDR format; I'm not saying merge the factions, they can keep what makes the different, however, I think we can all agree the Klingons want what the Federation currently has,
If I wanted what the Federation has, content-wise, I'd play Federation... >.> I can wait for my KDF content - but I need to know that Cryptic has a plan for delivering it.

Not to mention issues like bugs that never get fixed, vet rewards that don't get made, and promises of more stuff that generally don't get fulfilled. Merging the factions won't fix any of that.

I appreciate the effort, but merging the factions would kill this game for me immediately - and I suspect would hasten the drain of players from the game over the long run.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Kahles him self said "Destroying an Empire to win a war is no victory. And ending a battle to save an Empire is no defeat." It's an interesting idea, but I don't think that many of the Federation Episodes fit for Klingons without major overhauls .
Should we even think of reversing the Federation episodes for Klingon players? I don't know about you but those klingon episodes would be relatively easy since in those missions the Klingons already hold the planet and only need to blow up federation ships coming in to assist...

Perhaps a new idea can be brought forth?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-07-2010, 05:42 AM
I would have no problem with destroying Romulan ships, but I would mind Gorn, who are supposed to be our allies. So the main part of the Sirius and Regulus Missions does not work for the Klingons exept there would be a vey very good reason why to shoot at an ally. There for for low levels there would have to be a different set of missions, perhaps an insurgency or something.

The missions in the Roumlan sectors could be more easily explained for Klingons as they are our arche enemy.
From a certain level upwards the Borg and Undine as common enemy would fit very well, if the common threat would be presented clearly, perhaps Jm'Pok being an Undine infiltrator or something.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
I would have no problem with destroying Romulan ships, but I would mind Gorn, who are supposed to be our allies. So the main part of the Sirius and Regulus Missions does not work for the Klingons exept there would be a vey very good reason why to shoot at an ally. There for for low levels there would have to be a different set of missions, perhaps an insurgency or something.

The missions in the Roumlan sectors could be more easily explained for Klingons as they are our arche enemy.
From a certain level upwards the Borg and Undine as common enemy would fit very well, if the common threat would be presented clearly, perhaps Jm'Pok being an Undine infiltrator or something.
We could make them rogue Gorn
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-08-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
If I wanted what the Federation has, content-wise, I'd play Federation... >.> I can wait for my KDF content - but I need to know that Cryptic has a plan for delivering it.

Not to mention issues like bugs that never get fixed, vet rewards that don't get made, and promises of more stuff that generally don't get fulfilled. Merging the factions won't fix any of that.

I appreciate the effort, but merging the factions would kill this game for me immediately - and I suspect would hasten the drain of players from the game over the long run.
Did you not seeee, I said NOT Merging the factions. They'll retain their individuality and feel, people who've posted have rightly said it'd take a little effort to alter the existing missions for Klingons. But hey, as someone else posted very rightly, the way the missions feel right now, is right up a Klingon's street!

Then you have time issues, it'd be quicker for Cryptic to re-write the missions that require it to allow for Klingons to take part, than to write completely fresh ones.

Dstahl has already said it'll take a year or so to get to the same level of Fed content for the Klingons. It certainly won't if all they're doing is altering bits and bobs to make the Fed mishes a little more Klingon friendly.

Quote:
We could make them rogue Gorn
This isn't a half bad idea in a way... I'm not saying do it, but if the Gorn were to rebel from the Klingon's reason would suggest that they'd be honour bound to beat the *ss of the Gorn for their rudeness. But not all Gorn would leave the Klingon Empire over it, so that'd explain the use of Gorn characters and ships, ala-rogue Gorn.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-08-2010, 05:37 AM
If there would be rouge Gorn it would be IMo a better way to give the LKDF a special mission tree in which new warriors take their first blood and push down a Gorn insurrection. The missions the Fed side has aren't much of pusihng down a Gorn threat IMO.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 PM.