Lt. Commander
# 11 Phase One
09-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Timeline Update:

PHASE ONE

-notification of intent and spreading of the word in-forum and in-game
-discussions begin among interested parties

As the discussions close, phase one will also be coming to an end. Currently the three fleets involved in the project will be combining into a singular fleet group (for both the Klingon and Federation factions due to two of those three fleets already having a group on each side of the line).

We are in the process of planning out the most efficient and effective way for the players to transfer into the next group without any hassle or difficulty. This should be the most difficult part, but hopefully the process will go smoothly.

In the coming two weeks this will be finalized and hopefully by then Phase One and Phase Two will be complete.
Thanks for the support. To anyone else, thank you as well.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Misgivings
09-09-2010, 10:25 PM
You must understand that a lot of people are passionate about their fleets and their Klingon characters. So that being said let me point out another item to you. The most successful tyrants in history claimed they did not want leadership. That being said don't jump to any conclusions because I am not calling you a tyrant. I am however saying in no uncertain terms you do want and plan to have some type of leadership in whichever fleet you are trying to organize.
The second thing I want to say is kudos to you asking people to combine fleets instead of trying to steal their active players. It is hard enough finding an active fleet without someone always stealing players. What I do not believe you understand is the problems you will have with command structures. But that is your problem to deal with, not mine.
Third, to get rid of the problems as you put them in the Klingon faction you would have to remove PVP between Klingons. Klingons are; yes, a fictitious race. Where do you come off putting someone down for wanting to role play? If you want casual gaming that is fine. The Klingons are a warrior race and as such there will always be discention between the houses of the Klingon Empire. There is no way to stop this and if they did you would see a falling off of subscribers that would put the Combat Upgrade falling off of Star Wars Galaxies to shame. People do not want Klingons to be peaceful. If I could not blow up a rival house in PVP I would be very upset.
Fourth, I think we should be able to have house and fleet wars on the Klingon side. This is completely contrary to what you want to do, yet it is so much fun. With house names and house battles; true house battles, I believe we could up the involvement in the Klingon faction.
I will not be a part of a fleet that cuts down others for they way they play the game. Now some fun spirited curses in Klingon is a lot of fun and to Klingons insults and curses are an art form. A game of wits as some would say with the winner gaining great respect and honor from his peers. With that being said Krarge has gained great respect from the Klingon community.

Kha'Lan
Mad House of Kah'less
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Seriously you guys? *nosepinch* I'll get to this tomorrow, it's a little late now. In the meantime, please reread the very first post in this thread. Try to read it without bias and just take it as me being truthful with no hidden intentions and no hidden meanings. It's a notice to people, not those that are in character... if they are in character, more than likely the point will be missed. Thanks and goodnight.

EDIT:
Cant sleep apparantly so I'll type my responses in Teal, it's usually a very calming color so as not to give people ideas concerning hidden messages, intent, etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotimor
You must understand that a lot of people are passionate about their fleets and their Klingon characters. So that being said let me point out another item to you. The most successful tyrants in history claimed they did not want leadership. That being said don't jump to any conclusions because I am not calling you a tyrant. I am however saying in no uncertain terms you do want and plan to have some type of leadership in whichever fleet you are trying to organize.
I am not a tyrant. I make approximately $800 a week, I have no relation to anyone that goes by the name of Khan. In no uncertain terms it is being stated that I want a form of leadership. I have said this the first time, and repeatedly since then... I have no interest in a leadership position.

The second thing I want to say is kudos to you asking people to combine fleets instead of trying to steal their active players. It is hard enough finding an active fleet without someone always stealing players. What I do not believe you understand is the problems you will have with command structures. But that is your problem to deal with, not mine.
First, thanks. Second, no problem in command structure, because it isn't up to me to decide, it's up to the heads of the three fleets that are currently involved with the project and will be combining into a single fleet. Council styles have always worked well in the past with shared responsibilities and whatnot, they should work well still.

Third, to get rid of the problems as you put them in the Klingon faction you would have to remove PVP between Klingons.
What? No you don't. On that note, how active is KvK? Not active at all.

Klingons are; yes, a fictitious race. Where do you come off putting someone down for wanting to role play? If you want casual gaming that is fine.
I didn't put anyone down for roleplaying. However if you refer to THIS post here from your fleetmate, that is not roleplaying. Making references outside of the fictitious world is not roleplaying in my consideration. Most especially, insulting another person in relation to what they have as their cultural background... is surely not roleplaying. That in fact, is grounds of improper use of the forum under its guidelines. But if you prefer, I can say "Like any good Klingon, I defend my culture from those that would cause it insult. Aloha." If there is any confusion in regards to forum guidelines, they can be found HERE.

The Klingons are a warrior race and as such there will always be discention between the houses of the Klingon Empire. There is no way to stop this and if they did you would see a falling off of subscribers that would put the Combat Upgrade falling off of Star Wars Galaxies to shame. People do not want Klingons to be peaceful. If I could not blow up a rival house in PVP I would be very upset.
This has nothing to do with anything I have posted or anyone else has posted in this thread.

Fourth, I think we should be able to have house and fleet wars on the Klingon side. This is completely contrary to what you want to do, yet it is so much fun. With house names and house battles; true house battles, I believe we could up the involvement in the Klingon faction.
Absolutely fantastic idea, however as it has nothing to do with the thread, it's best suited in it's own thread so as not to derail what has already been accomplished here, despite the odds.

I will not be a part of a fleet that cuts down others for they way they play the game. Now some fun spirited curses in Klingon is a lot of fun and to Klingons insults and curses are an art form. A game of wits as some would say with the winner gaining great respect and honor from his peers. With that being said Krarge has gained great respect from the Klingon community.
If you wish, you are welcome to point out where this 'fleet' "cuts down others for the way the play the game". Quote the section if needed since I am not seeing it and I doubt I have said anything in relation. As far as Krarge is concerned, I don't know him, but from his posts in the forums which I have checked, no one else at large knows him, perhaps in your fleet. That is not an insult, it's a statement, and it may come off as defensive only due to his choice words that in all truth were out of line.

Kha'Lan
Mad House of Kah'less

Although I admit most of your is much better than the previous of your associates, it still states things that are untrue, things that have nothing to do with the topic, and things that seem to have an agenda.

What I have noticed is this all comes from one fleet, three different individuals from that singular fleet that seems to have continuosly derailed this topic in regards to what it is trying to accomplish, and what it has -already- accomplished. I don't know what it is you folks want, it most certainly isn't to cooperate by any means.

So to emphasize, I have no desire for 'the limelight' or to be the center of power for anything. That clearly falls into your territory.

On that note, if that fleet has no interest in working together, then please stop derailing this topic with nonesense. Although parts of your posts did make some sense, there was enough 'none' to make it nonesense. Don't take it as insult, I am just tired of having to deal with people's egos and their recollections of only partially read threads. I had not started anything on the offensive, but your party members certainly have and there is not excuse for their behavior. I have tried to cut them slack and be as 'appropriate' as I can without being completely vexed by this nonesense. However at this point I will request the following:

I will be catching some Zzzs, so anyone of that fleet do us all a favor and post elsewhere because I do not wish to deal with that (until I hear the info from Chang, who I assume is the leader of your alliance, which is all I was waiting for) when I wake up from a hopefully restful slumber.

Goodnight, Aloha, No ego no drama, Just chillax.

The Klingon Project
No Ego, No Drama, Just Chillax
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Back on topic.

Timeline Update:

PHASE ONE

As the discussions close, phase one will also be coming to an end. Currently the three fleets involved in the project will be combining into a singular fleet group (for both the Klingon and Federation factions due to two of those three fleets already having a group on each side of the line).

We are in the process of planning out the most efficient and effective way for the players to transfer into the next group without any hassle or difficulty. This should be the most difficult part, but hopefully the process will go smoothly.

In the coming two weeks this will be finalized and hopefully by then Phase One and Phase Two will be complete.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Secondary:

No Ego...
No Drama...
Just Chillax...

This quote was previously used for the Atlantean Alliance on the now defunct Freesky Online. Since then it has made it's way to the Island Gamers fleet on STO's fed side. It is therefore important to continue the tradition as it continues to serve it's purpose for the benefit of this next project.

THE KLINGON PROJECT
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-10-2010, 03:01 AM
As a player who dosen't care about klingons (as in playing klingon) and as such has no interest in in things going well or bad for them, I'd like to tell you this based on the comments here:

You won't get this going.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-10-2010, 04:21 AM
LEONHART

I am Korax, Leader of the House of Korax and proud member of the KDF Alliance High Counsel . I have read this project of yours and it is clear to me that you have no understanding of Klingons or what it takes to run a fleet.

1st... How do you plan to deal with internal problems with this huge fleet? What would the command structure be? Who would be in charge & have the final word? As a former guild leader of 5 years in SWG, i can tell you that managing even a small group of players with all the different personalitys & ingame interests is a huge task. Now add in the fact that STO has players from around the world, speaking many different languages. What are the German, French or Spanish players, for example, to do if they don't understand English? What about the time zone differences as well?

2nd....do you really think the 8 bank tabs in the current banking system will be able to support the needs of this huge fleet?

3rd...Have you researched Klingon culture or history? clearly not. If you had you would know a Klingon is loyal to his/her house 1st, then the Empire. Klingon history is full of the stories of the Great Houses & Family lines of the Empire. Of their great Battles & Blood fueds with each other. Power on the High Counsel is gained by alliances between these houses.This can be seen in the TV shows, books and fandom. Even in STO this is reflected in the Klingon missions "Bringing down the house" & "the House always wins". Did you not see that?

4th...Have you considered the hard work & labor of love that Fleet leaders have put into starting & growing their fleets? The crafting of theirs fleets personal identity & the ideals their fleet stands for? Your plan requires them to be stripped of this. of what they have worked so hard to build and make their own. Any fleet leader that is willing to give this up after all the work that has been put into a fleet by himself/herself & its members is not fit to lead & has no honor. It has been my dream of 13 years to lead my own Klingon House. your plan asks me to give up my dream. I think not!

5th... Chillax? you want Klingons to be Chillax?!!! This goes against every fiber of a Klingons being. We are proud warriors, we live for glorious battle! With each other & with the enemies of the Empire. In the words of Kahless himself " We Klingons do not fight merely to spill blood, we fight to enrich the spirit". And everyone knows a Klingons greatest opponent in battle is another Klingon.

6th...Do you really think you will have the time, knowledge & resources to train & address all the needs of each member of this huge fleet you pose & maintain order with in it at the same time? I have learned much since my House has joined the KDFA. I have become a better & more cunning Klingon warrior and leader. As leader of the House of Korax i have passed on what i have learned from the KDFA to my warriors. That is how I train them. They have benefited greatly from it.

I do not speak for the other members of the KDFA High Counsel, but i do speak for the proud warriors of the House of Korax. And I will not betray their loyalty, efforts & honor by surrendering my house to this plan of yours. I also know i will have the support of my warriors when i give a resounding vote of ghobe' (NO) when this is voted on at the next KDFA High Counsel meeting. If I have made an enemy of you with this statement...GOOD! For your plan is an insult to Klingon honor, to the KDFA, to the House of Korax & the other mighty houses & fleets who have fought so hard & struggled so much to build their ranks & better the Klingon faction, yet we still prevail. I look forward to blasting you out of the stars!

Korax ZHantI' Solizarn
Leader of the House of Korax
Member of the KDFA High Counsel
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-10-2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
As a player who dosen't care about klingons (as in playing klingon) and as such has no interest in in things going well or bad for them, I'd like to tell you this based on the comments here:

You won't get this going.
It's going, partially finished, and so far working well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korax Solizarn
LEONHART

I am Korax, Leader of the House of Korax and proud member of the KDF Alliance High Counsel . I have read this project of yours and it is clear to me that you have no understanding of Klingons or what it takes to run a fleet.

1st... How do you plan to deal with internal problems with this huge fleet? What would the command structure be? Who would be in charge & have the final word? As a former guild leader of 5 years in SWG, i can tell you that managing even a small group of players with all the different personalitys & ingame interests is a huge task. Now add in the fact that STO has players from around the world, speaking many different languages. What are the German, French or Spanish players, for example, to do if they don't understand English? What about the time zone differences as well?
Read my posts concerning anything with this project. Troubleshooting = one problem at a time, help one person at a time. More than likely it will be a council composed of each of the fleet leads and their officers. We are a casual group and don't really need titles, accolades, etc. We keep it casual, friendly, and have a strong family environment. These questions have been answered before.
2nd....do you really think the 8 bank tabs in the current banking system will be able to support the needs of this huge fleet?
The bank can support 500 people evidently as designed by cryptic, considering most klingon fleets number than less than a 100 active people at any given time, it is a none-issue. However only the best items will go into the fleet bank and it will be rigously maintained with a banking team. I enjoy being organized, cleaning, have things go smoothly. More than likely I will be part of that banking team, no it's not a leadership position.

3rd...Have you researched Klingon culture or history? clearly not. If you had you would know a Klingon is loyal to his/her house 1st, then the Empire. Klingon history is full of the stories of the Great Houses & Family lines of the Empire. Of their great Battles & Blood fueds with each other. Power on the High Counsel is gained by alliances between these houses.This can be seen in the TV shows, books and fandom. Even in STO this is reflected in the Klingon missions "Bringing down the house" & "the House always wins". Did you not see that?
Read my posts concerning anything with this project. If a person is unable to think as a human and not as a character when it is important, clearly they wouldn't fit in. It's not about power, its about teamwork. That has nothing to do with the project, therefore the point is unfortunately lost.

4th...Have you considered the hard work & labor of love that Fleet leaders have put into starting & growing their fleets? The crafting of theirs fleets personal identity & the ideals their fleet stands for? Your plan requires them to be stripped of this. of what they have worked so hard to build and make their own. Any fleet leader that is willing to give this up after all the work that has been put into a fleet by himself/herself & its members is not fit to lead & has no honor. It has been my dream of 13 years to lead my own Klingon House. your plan asks me to give up my dream. I think not!
Yes. If you read the first post, you will see something about people of like-minds coming to work together? If you are not of like mind, the obviously... this is not for you. Obviously. The people in these groups were willing to step outside of themselves in regards to boundaries and try for something better (in our opinion it is better). So far so good.

5th... Chillax? you want Klingons to be Chillax?!!! This goes against every fiber of a Klingons being. We are proud warriors, we live for glorious battle! With each other & with the enemies of the Empire. In the words of Kahless himself " We Klingons do not fight merely to spill blood, we fight to enrich the spirit". And everyone knows a Klingons greatest opponent in battle is another Klingon.
No, I want people (that's humans) to relax as some think they are klingons and are acting childish. Are you a human or a klingon? Do you think for your character or does your character think for you? When you drove to work this morning did you have to pick up a supply of dylithium crystals to power up your ship and then unfortunately get stuck in highway traffic along the way?

6th...Do you really think you will have the time, knowledge & resources to train & address all the needs of each member of this huge fleet you pose & maintain order with in it at the same time? I have learned much since my House has joined the KDFA. I have become a better & more cunning Klingon warrior and leader. As leader of the House of Korax i have passed on what i have learned from the KDFA to my warriors. That is how I train them. They have benefited greatly from it.
1 Yes. 2 Great. 3 Glad to hear it.

I do not speak for the other members of the KDFA High Counsel, but i do speak for the proud warriors of the House of Korax. And I will not betray their loyalty, efforts & honor by surrendering my house to this plan of yours. I also know i will have the support of my warriors when i give a resounding vote of ghobe' (NO) when this is voted on at the next KDFA High Counsel meeting. If I have made an enemy of you with this statement...GOOD! For your plan is an insult to Klingon honor, to the KDFA, to the House of Korax & the other mighty houses & fleets who have fought so hard & struggled so much to build their ranks & better the Klingon faction, yet we still prevail. I look forward to blasting you out of the stars!
No insult taken, however I find myself talking to people repeatedly that may or may not spend their time in front of the computer 'in costume' or order a pizza in klingoneese. The latter of which is cool, the former is just nutty. This project has nothing to do with betrayal, insulting 'klingon honor', you're trying to put words into our collective mouths and for the most part, it's made of fail. The only thing we have done with the KDFA was to message Chang and ask. However this completely escapes some people's notice so far and they expect the end of the world. Dear lord, before answering anything, read the previous posts that are on topic. Otherwise I will have to be forced to verbally 'serve' you again. In game, I'm a team healer. IE a team player, and therefore inherently concerned for the wellfare of those around me.

To repeat myself, we had contacted Chang because it was reccomended and that it might benefit the community.
This was his response
"Greetings and Salutations LeonHart,

I will have to get back to you as we run KDF Alliance High Council just like the High Council in Qo'nos with a meeting to discuss your proposal and it will be voted on whether we work together on saving the Klingon Empire in STO. I am the current Chancellor of the KDF Alliance High Council and I will propose your proposal to work out some sort of arrangement to working together since we seem to have some resemblence to saving the Klingon Empire. We conviene on Mondays at 5pm PDT , 6pm Mtn , 7pm CST, 8pm EST , UDT( GMT -9 ). I will let you know the out come as soon as possible after our meeting ( September 13th , 2010 ).

Cordially,

Sa'Chang
( KDF Alliance High Council Chancellor and Fleet leader of Black Legion Knights ) "

His response was completely reasonable, polite, and very amicable making Chang come off as a decent guy who is looking out for the best interest of the player community, all in all it makes him awesome. You, Koraz Solizarn, mrsargt2002, are being the exact opposite with your posts. Had we known we would be dealing with nonesensical posts, we would have just said "Thanks, but we'll be doing our own thing." when we were approached to contact your group. The fact that we went ahead and extended a branch of cooperation with your group shows that we were being reasonable. You are doing yourself a diservice by acting inappropriately, people are not so dense as to see why. Your own actions paint your group in a certain light, it's not flattering so please in the future act appropriately and read/understand what you are discussing before you decide to post things unrelated to the issue or that have already been discussed and explained more than once.

Korax ZHantI' Solizarn
Leader of the House of Korax
Member of the KDFA High Counsel

Reread my posts above and step out of character.

CLEARLY its working as there are three fleets combining into one. It's not everyone, its only three fleets O_O. It is OPTIONAL, as in hey I'm interested I'll have a message, or hey I'm not interested I'ma go play the game.

it's
-WORKING
-ALMOST FINISHED

=

piece of cake. <3

The only reason I approached the KDFA was because I was ask to, I did was I asked. This project in no way shape or form requires a joining of forces, it was just thought that 'hey cooperation might benefit more people'. Right now all you're doing is painting a picture of being
-unreasonable
-unable to think outside of character
-does not read previous posts
= does not paint a good representation of yourself or whomever you are representing

I -think- the difference between what you are representing and what we are trying to do here with The Kling Project, is we are not stopping at alliances amongst fleets, we are actually combining our forces of like minded people into one group. If anyone else wants to explain this... I'm not sure how much more detailed I can be without drawing a picture. Tempted. I will say that if anything good has come of trying to explain and re-explain things to you guys, it's the number of views this has gotten. Now then, again if you read what I posted, it says those of like-minds and those interested in the idea are welcome to participate and work together? Let's make it simple as I won't bother to answer questions that are repetitve

Anyone ask yourself, are you of like mind?
YES?
NO?

If yes, then continue below. If no, then stop reading.

Are you willing to give up something of yourself and willing to go along with a merger?
YES?
NO?

If yes, continue below. If no, then stop reading

If you are still here, then hell you were the people we were looking for. Thanks for checking us out and agreeing to this OPTIONAL idea. Welcome to the family

Thanks for stopping by. Cheers and thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-10-2010, 05:27 AM
Back on topic.

Timeline Update:

PHASE ONE

Secondary:

No Ego...
No Drama...
Just Chillax...

This quote was previously used for the Atlantean Alliance on the now defunct Freesky Online. Since then it has made it's way to the Island Gamers fleet on STO's fed side. It is therefore important to continue the tradition as it continues to serve it's purpose for the benefit of this next project.

THE KLINGON PROJECT
Lt. Commander
# 20 Lol
09-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Funny how every time I post some admin decides it's offensive.

You were inactive for much more than just One month or anything even close. You don't play your klingon at all yet here now you want to Help the KDF. That's just funny