Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Nebula Class (cloak detection)

So the feds have cloaks now and soon will have cloak detection does anyone know if they will be able to stack this ability?

Will the Nebula Class come out before we even get any retrofits?


Will we even get cloak detection or are we just getting that shaft?

What the hell is wrong with cryptic?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-05-2010, 05:59 PM
The Nebula comes out this month and we have no idea when the Klingon refits will be available.

I don't think the Tachyon Grid is stackable, but it is shareable with any ship in the team, which means that Klingon players have to be more cautious in ambushing with a Nebula around. (Really going to change PvP).



So basically, yes. Klingons got the shaft, unless the K'Vort or one of the new ships also gets it to counter the Galaxy-X and the Defiant.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3 Need link
09-05-2010, 07:50 PM
If anyone has link to most current info on this ship please let me know thanks?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-05-2010, 08:12 PM
I don't think they have said anything at all about how effective the cloak detecting power actually is, or whether it is even useful in a secondary role outside cloak detection.

But don't mistake the fact cloak detection already exists in game. It just sucks and experienced KDF have long ago learned how to avoid it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
Nebula Class (cloak detection)

So the feds have cloaks now and soon will have cloak detection does anyone know if they will be able to stack this ability?

Will the Nebula Class come out before we even get any retrofits?


Will we even get cloak detection or are we just getting that shaft?

What the hell is wrong with cryptic?
You forgot the best part, not only do we not have cloak detection, we don't have ships with special powers, we don't have cruisers with Lt. Com slots, we still don't have science ships, and on top of that we still don't have enough ships to choose from.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
You forgot the best part, not only do we not have cloak detection, we don't have ships with special powers, we don't have cruisers with Lt. Com slots, we still don't have science ships, and on top of that we still don't have enough ships to choose from.
But you have a BoP, which offers 54? possible layouts, with superior turn rate and battlecloak. Im all for klingons getting new ships with lt.cmd layouts, but klingon players have to be prepared, that the universal slots will not be their exclusiveness.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
If anyone has link to most current info on this ship please let me know thanks?

Dstahl's post about it


The relevant part to your topic:

Quote:
Unique Ability:
Tachyon Detection Grid: PBAoE buff that increases your, and allies w/in 10k, Starship Sensor Stat and Cloak Detection. Each buffed ally in turn will buff more allies within 10k of them - thus extending the grid.
Will it stack? It's designed to stack. By creating a grid between allies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8 thank you
09-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post

Dstahl's post about it


The relevant part to your topic:



Will it stack? It's designed to stack. By creating a grid between allies.
tahnk you........
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9 Here
09-06-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
THIS IS ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!! (unless you forgot what happened with the Excelsior) but better to start talking about it now than weeks from now.

Also keep in mind this ship has been in development for some time (pre-dates the new KDF ships being worked on)

Ok... here it is

Nebula
A StarCruiser variant (Its not a Retrofit. It utilizes the StarCruiser Skill).

Requires:
Rear Admiral

Weapons:
4 Fore
4 Aft

Boff seats (4 Boffs, 11 Powers):
1 Lt Tact
1 Cm Eng
1 LC Science
1 Lt Universal

Mods:
4 Eng
3 Sci
2 Tact

3 Device Slots

750 Crew

Unique Ability:
Tachyon Detection Grid: PBAoE buff that increases your, and allies w/in 10k, Starship Sensor Stat and Cloak Detection. Each buffed ally in turn will buff more allies within 10k of them - thus extending the grid.

Turn Rate = Galaxy
Any other stats not mentioned are the same as a Star Cruiser.

Screenshots attached - the second is one of the mission pod swap out configuration options
Here is what I was looking for, for anyone else that want the info

so they can chain it 5 x 10 across the map.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
But you have a BoP, which offers 54? possible layouts, with superior turn rate and battlecloak. Im all for klingons getting new ships with lt.cmd layouts, but klingon players have to be prepared, that the universal slots will not be their exclusiveness.
You forgot the part where it buckles easily under phaser fire, torpoedos that track you 10 seconds after you cloaked, and the most defining feature of the BoP, jack of trades, master of none.

We are quite aware that your getting universal slots, and you have gotten cloaks. Let's see what have Klingons recieved in return.

........
........
,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,

Um, anybody want to hazard a guess what we have gotten because I have no idea.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 PM.