Lt. Commander
# 11
09-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
You forgot the part where it buckles easily under phaser fire, torpoedos that track you 10 seconds after you cloaked, and the most defining feature of the BoP, jack of trades, master of none.
Only poorly designed BoPs drop like flies, not everyone is flying poorly speced BoPs. My BoP is cloaking/decloaking in middle of fedballs as soon as the timer is ready, and i count the times i died to it on one my hand. There are skills, there are consoles, BoP can be very tough little ship. I have seen BoPs outtank fed cruisers, i have seen BoPs being destroyed in seconds. All of that because resistances and turn rate is what dictates the survivability of the ship, not the base hps/shield values and of course the capability of the player.

Second, since BoPs can overfocus on certain area same as any other ships, its hardly "jack of trades, master of none".

As i said, i hope klingons will get more specialized ships in near future, im playing klingon myself, but they should also realize, universal slots will not be klingon exclusive forever.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-06-2010, 12:51 AM
First it was cannons, then it was cloak, then it was cloak on cruiser, then it was cruiser with lt. cmd tac slot. Excelsior has 47k hull points. Negh'var has 44k. Where are the weaknesses? Oh right, on KDF side.

Now nebula with cloak detection?

Righttttttt ......

Why not just drive KDF to the ground and say it. I just had to, cause it really annoying! Getting old as well.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Soon the Klingons will get a BoP that can fire Torpedos cloaked so what :p

Apart from that, the Cloak Detection isnt coming from some mad idea one of the dev's had. It was always part of the Star Trek Lore. Watch TNG

I wonder why they havent made that any ability for sciences before...
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Only poorly designed BoPs drop like flies, not everyone is flying poorly speced BoPs. My BoP is cloaking/decloaking in middle of fedballs as soon as the timer is ready, and i count the times i died to it on one my hand. There are skills, there are consoles, BoP can be very tough little ship. I have seen BoPs outtank fed cruisers, i have seen BoPs being destroyed in seconds. All of that because resistances and turn rate is what dictates the survivability of the ship, not the base hps/shield values and of course the capability of the player.

Second, since BoPs can overfocus on certain area same as any other ships, its hardly "jack of trades, master of none".

As i said, i hope klingons will get more specialized ships in near future, im playing klingon myself, but they should also realize, universal slots will not be klingon exclusive forever.
You didn't answer the second part of my post?
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699
It was always part of the Star Trek Lore. Watch TNG
It was, I have countless times.

On that subject, we all seen what negh'var did in DS9. While they are at nebula, they can give that negh'var.

No?
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
You didn't answer the second part of my post?
There was no question mark..so which question you speak of ??
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-06-2010, 01:12 AM
[quote=NCC-94699]Soon the Klingons will get a BoP that can fire Torpedos cloaked so what :p

QUOTE]

October, the earliest date, but I believe we will again be delayed as the as the Feds want to get the NX, JJ-Prise, Enterprise J and Andoiran and Vulcan ships and the Devs clearly favour them.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
October, the earliest date, but I believe we will again be delayed as the as the Feds want to get the NX, JJ-Prise, Enterprise J and Andoiran and Vulcan ships and the Devs clearly favour them.
You mean all that is coming before my negh'var gets that special power from DS9 (because it's lore, as ppl would say)? Which will never have anyway

/sarcasm off
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-06-2010, 01:41 AM
i was going to rant but thought not carry on
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-06-2010, 02:03 AM
[quote=Hawks;3013137]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699
Soon the Klingons will get a BoP that can fire Torpedos cloaked so what :p

QUOTE]

As far as I know, the Nebula is the last Federation ship for now. It's development started with season 2, it seems. (The model has been in the game since then, I think, on Earth Space dock. I think only the Excelsior made it into Klingon storyline episodes.) I suppose Klingon ship development started some time after that.