Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
09-06-2010, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
Here is what I was looking for, for anyone else that want the info

so they can chain it 5 x 10 across the map.

i don't think this is as bad for the klingons as it sounds, imagine the feds spreading, to try and detect cloaked ships, by doing this they lose there greatest advantage of the fed ball, they become spread out and easy to pick off, and bops can battle cloak away before the other ships can reach the one under attack. And even if they stay in the fed ball, the klinks just need to hold at 10km, then move in quick, the feds shouldnt be able to detect the klinks fast enough. Plus it does say only boosts anti cloak scanning, if you run with higher aux going in, then switch to more weapons power just before decloaking, you should be able to mitigate the effects of this in theory.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
09-06-2010, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah208 View Post
i don't think this is as bad for the klingons as it sounds, imagine the feds spreading, to try and detect cloaked ships, by doing this they lose there greatest advantage of the fed ball, they become spread out and easy to pick off, and bops can battle cloak away before the other ships can reach the one under attack. And even if they stay in the fed ball, the klinks just need to hold at 10km, then move in quick, the feds shouldnt be able to detect the klinks fast enough. Plus it does say only boosts anti cloak scanning, if you run with higher aux going in, then switch to more weapons power just before decloaking, you should be able to mitigate the effects of this in theory.
My thoughts exactly.

Setting power fully to aux, I've been able to sit cloaked directly beside fed science ships and gone totaly un-detected.

Generaly speaking I think this will have little effect to PVP since cloaks are usualy only used to prepare for the initial attack - and its unlikely that feds will split up to hunt cloaked ships simply because they know they don't need too - they know staying in a fed ball brings us to them.

So its really only BoP's that are going to be hit hard by this since it will completly negate battle cloak unless the player manages his aux settings first (which in the heat of battle is somewhat difficult). Though how much effect that will have on an average PVP session I have no idea since I am a Battlecruiser captain.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
09-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
You forgot the best part, not only do we not have cloak detection, we don't have ships with special powers, we don't have cruisers with Lt. Com slots, we still don't have science ships, and on top of that we still don't have enough ships to choose from.
Why do you need science ships?! You're a Klingon... wanting to do anything but fight is very dishonourable of you!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
09-06-2010, 07:33 AM
The thing that worries me about this is it has the potential (note i said potential, we cant know for sure untill its released) to completely invalidate the cloak and as Klingon ships sacrifice hull and shields for a cloak it could drastically affect Klingons in PvP, if the advantage of cloak is removed we basically turn into weaker versions of the feds, also as its a C Store ship the chances of it actually getting tested on tribble is slim to none so its unlikely that it will even undergo any form of heavy testing before release. A ship with such a potentially game changing ability needs serious testing BY THE PLAYERS before its even considered for live release.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
09-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by specter22
The thing that worries me about this is it has the potential (note i said potential, we cant know for sure untill its released) to completely invalidate the cloak and as Klingon ships sacrifice hull and shields for a cloak it could drastically affect Klingons in PvP, if the advantage of cloak is removed we basically turn into weaker versions of the feds, also as its a C Store ship the chances of it actually getting tested on tribble is slim to none so its unlikely that it will even undergo any form of heavy testing before release. A ship with such a potentially game changing ability needs serious testing BY THE PLAYERS before its even considered for live release.
It may not be a C-Store ship.

Their current intent is to add a lvl3 and lvl41 version, with the level 41 version being a type of starcruiser and NOT a refit - so it therefore costs in-game currency and, right now, doesn't look to be heading to the C-Store at all, so hopefuly it will be on tribble - though this has the obvious side effect of increasing the potential usage of the vessel.

Also, keep in mind that the Excesior was a C-Store ship and did get Tribble testing which prompted it to recieve Boff changes, so it isn't like existing c-store ships haven't had test times.

As for how game breaking it will be, well as I said above, the only KDF ship I can really see this effecting is the BoP - its highly unlikely that this will in anyway change the cloak play for Cruisers and Escorts. Generaly speaking all but BoP's already decloak and fire when feds are within 10k, and feds splitting up to double their radious works to our advantage, not theirs.

Obviously as I have said this does have the potential to kill off the benefits of battlecloak (and thereby negate the use of a BoP that can fire while cloaked) but an obvious work around for that is for BoP's to gain a greater innate bonus to cloaking detection to counter it.

There is also the potential for a KDF-specific science console to be added to give us bonuses to cloak detection, we just have to whine load enough if its required.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
09-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post

As far as I know, the Nebula is the last Federation ship for now.
Engi report states that the Ent-J (whatever it is becoming) and the TOS Ent Refit are being worked on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
09-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
There was no question mark..so which question you speak of ??
The part where you or anybody can hazaard a guess as what Klingons recieved from the Feds since they now have our cloaks and universal slots.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
09-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Engi report states that the Ent-J (whatever it is becoming) and the TOS Ent Refit are being worked on.
But won't come out before the Klingon ships. (That's not in the Engineering Report, I think, but another post.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
09-06-2010, 12:00 PM
The Vor'Cha retrofit got set back until October, the earlist. The Devs have already announced the NX and Andorian andVulcan ship designs
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
09-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
But won't come out before the Klingon ships. (That's not in the Engineering Report, I think, but another post.)
True. Because those KDF ships are slated to come out in ...

late August. (That was another post).

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:15 AM.