Lt. Commander
# 161
11-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I just asked the Devs to check in on this merchant again, and they are incredibly certain that this merchant is working properly. He is restocking the cryo-grenades, but only as he gets them.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Fine. He's certain that the Ferengi is stocking them. Now have him go through the logs and see how many characters have visited the Ferengi compared to how many have actually succeeded in purchasing the grenades. Because I checked at least once per hour whenever I was logged in for almost two weeks (I even left a character parked there, because I'd deleted or otherwise lost the grenades by accident) and in something like 40 tries, I never saw the grenades for sale a single time. *Something* is not working as intended. (I still personally feel it's pointless for him to sell them at all if it's not reliable or predictable, since it can take quite a while to simply fly there and check. Especially for KDF characters, who don't get Transwarp shortcuts.)
Lt. Commander
# 162
11-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowself
Fine. He's certain that the Ferengi is stocking them. Now have him go through the logs and see how many characters have visited the Ferengi compared to how many have actually succeeded in purchasing the grenades. Because I checked at least once per hour whenever I was logged in for almost two weeks (I even left a character parked there, because I'd deleted or otherwise lost the grenades by accident) and in something like 40 tries, I never saw the grenades for sale a single time. *Something* is not working as intended. (I still personally feel it's pointless for him to sell them at all if it's not reliable or predictable, since it can take quite a while to simply fly there and check. Especially for KDF characters, who don't get Transwarp shortcuts.)
Has anybody offered to sell the Ferengi one of the grenades, to see if this triggers him to be willing to sell more back?

It kinda sounds like that might be what Stormshade is describing...

There's obviously some kind of 'Trigger' beyond just being there at the top of the hour, that makes the Ferengi willing to sell them.

Seems to me that the Dev's are being awfully coy about the whole thing.... hummmmnnn? ? ?....
Lt. Commander
# 163
11-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedom View Post
Either the base chance is somewhere way below 10% (in which case I suggest a serious whipping for the guy who decided that, because you could just have not added them in that case anyway) or there is some additional bug preventing us from restocking when we should be able to. I just don't know, maybe if any char on your account has cryo grenades left they don't show up. Or if you have the breen biothermal dampener they don't show up. We simply don't know.
Either this or the Ferengi sells out immediately whenever he has some in stock.

I tried to get some once and didn't see any in stock at the top of the hour. Others at the Ferengi had the same problem. A player asked in zone chat if anyone was able to buy... one guy said he did.

I haven't tried to get any since then. Maybe it's time for a few of us to gather some data and figure this out.
Lt. Commander
# 164
11-23-2010, 11:40 PM
I've been there so many times now I just gave up trying now I just see the grenades as a one off .
Lt. Commander
# 165
11-24-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
I just asked the Devs to check in on this merchant again, and they are incredibly certain that this merchant is working properly. He is restocking the cryo-grenades, but only as he gets them.

Thanks,

Stormshade
What, that's it? No explanation, no details...? Just - "working as intended, you guys are doing smth wrong but I'm not gonna write/don't know what"?

That's not a good user support, Stormshade. You've been given a classic "not my problem/works for me" answer, which suggests that communication between teams/departments in Cryptic is seriously lacking, and which ultimately wrongs us, your users and customers.

Now, the proper thing to do would either be:
  • to investigate yourself why none of us can restock on Cryo grenades (Ferengi dealer could either be bugged/have way too low chance to stock them, or we're not fulfilling the requirement for him to stock them, in which case you could at least give us a hint;
  • or, make someone from the Devs responsible for this trader to write and answer, explanation of this issue, or a possible hint as to why we're not seeing grenades in his stock. Then, he could either post it here himself, or send you an answer so you could paste it here for us.

Either way, transparency is a key to success.
Lt. Commander
# 166
11-24-2010, 06:42 AM
The good news is when season 3 hits and you can replay the mission, you can acquire the Cryo Grenades again, checked on Tribble last night.
Lt. Commander
# 167
11-24-2010, 06:47 AM
Stormy, it's beyond obvious that there is something wrong with that Ferengi vendor, since NO ONE have been able to restock.

I even deleted the dampener to see if that would help, and also had no cryo grenades on that char, and could not get a restock.

I tried on the top of every hour, and also a few times every 30 mins, just in case....

As some one mentioned, the % must be very low for the restock to happen, and if the % is very low, it should be upped quite a bit.

Although I know we can soon use the replay function, we should not have to replay the mission just to get a restock, we should be able to make a quick run by the Ferengi vendor also, since we do not always have the time to re-run that particular mission....
Lt. Commander
# 168
11-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Honestly,

Can't he just have a stockpile that arrives daily at varying times and isn't time locked but instead quantity locked?

Like Wed he got 500 Grenades at 8 GMT or Fri he got 500 Grenades at 12 GMT?? That would make more sense than him going "OK I have an infinite amount available to everyone that arrives within an hour and then my Santa Sack will disappear."

Also, why not add single of these to the loot pool for Breen on the ground?
Lt. Commander
# 169
11-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
I tried to get the Grenades just now again was not able to get them. I was on the planet at 3:47 PM PST till 4:05 PM PST Big Fail.

If we are not suppose to re-stock them then the Dev are right it is performing correctly.

No one has been ever been able to buy more. Period!

Just flat out stop this chance thing and just stock them!!!
Lt. Commander
# 170
11-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
"But only as he gets them." Pardon me for sounding rude, but W. T. F. ?!?! We're not stupid - "Restocking" in it's definition REQUIRES that "he gets them." Wow, total circular logic statement there.

My challenge to you, Cryptic Devs: Go into the STO Logs. Look at the results for the past 1,608 Hours (67 days) and see if a restock has happened once.

Just let us know that it's happened. That's all *I* want to know - that in the last one thousand hour-long periods, it's been logged by the servers as ACTUALLY HAVING HAPPENED. I don't want specifics. I don't want details.

I don't even want any of the variables from the obscene line of coding that this thing requires.

I just want to know that there's proof that it has happened at least once. that there's a percent of a percent of a chance that it actually works, on the Holodeck Server.

That's my Challenge to Cryptic.

I've already paid my Lifetime Sub, so I can't actively boycott the game without shooting myself in the foot. It's also not worth it. But if there's a chance, we want to know it's happened at least once. And if there's *NOT* a chance (IE it's broken and you just won't admit it) I want to know the TRUTH. If it's broken, and the beans were spilled too soon ... and ya'll are trying to fix it ... TELL US! That'll get us off your backs faster than fixing it will, because we all know mistakes can and have been made in every arena and profession since Time Immemorial.

We just want to know: "HAS IT HAPPENED ONCE IN THE LAST 1,000 HOURS?"