Lt. Commander
# 171
11-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Well the past few days I decided to randomly pop along and see if I can get any of these grenades and nope not once did he offer to sell them too me.
Lt. Commander
# 172
11-25-2010, 09:43 PM
I know he DOES restock I've seen people and know people who've gotten restocks.

The thing is that it is insanely rare...

I'd like to see my previous post in this thread enacted and have an extremely high Energy Credit cost associated with the Grenades due to the high expense for the Ferengi of getting such a hard to find item...
Lt. Commander
# 173
11-26-2010, 08:33 AM
With how mission replay is working on Tribble. You can just run the first Breen mission, and wait to turn it in until you use up your cryo grenades. If you already have some cryo grenades, it won't let you complete the turn in, as they are a unique item.

Yes this is a hassle, however it is more time efficient than a broken merchant.
Lt. Commander
# 174
11-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Stun Baton? What mission is that? I already completed all the Cold ____ missions.

I didn't use my special grenades because I knew they were unique.
Lt. Commander
# 175
11-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Rock he means the Orphidian Cane, I believe.
Lt. Commander
# 176
11-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
I know he DOES restock I've seen people and know people who've gotten restocks.

The thing is that it is insanely rare...

I'd like to see my previous post in this thread enacted and have an extremely high Energy Credit cost associated with the Grenades due to the high expense for the Ferengi of getting such a hard to find item...
so what ... does he restock only for the first person to get there? Does everyone that hour restock? Or is it a random "During the 8AM hour (Server time) User number 20 on Instance #4 will restock cryogrenades" ... man this was a ****-poor stunt, IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 177
11-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Neither I nor any of my fleetmates have ever, successfully, been able to restock at the Ferengi Vendor, and we have tried extensively.

As far as the timing would go for the 'check' as to whether or not the Vendor would have them, I suspect that, much like several other time-oriented aspects of Deferi missions, this check is made at the 'exact' top of every hour (i.e. hh:00). For example, the mining facility at the Kelvani Belt operates on a similar type of random chance, granting the Ore for Outpost 3 mission (to take to Deferi Outpost 3), and that will trigger at the top of an hour.

Similarly, daily missions (most notably the PvP Daily and the Fleet Action Daily) are reset every morning at 7AM EST; if the new day's missions (also randomly-determined) are 'different' than the previous day's (i.e. if you had Arenas yesterday and C&H today, etc.), you will be able to claim those new missions at exactly 7AM EST, even if your cooldowns are counting down on your current dailies.

Getting back on-topic, however, I have never heard of anyone that has successfully received a re-stock of the Cryo Grenades... I found Stormshade's reply of: "As he gets them", to be incredibly... 'Cryptic'... As it implies that there are conditions that must be fulfilled (possibly by individual players, or by the player base as a whole) to permit the Cryo Grendades to be stocked...

Just my 2 EC,
-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 178
11-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Neither I nor any of my fleetmates have ever, successfully, been able to restock at the Ferengi Vendor, and we have tried extensively.

As far as the timing would go for the 'check' as to whether or not the Vendor would have them, I suspect that, much like several other time-oriented aspects of Deferi missions, this check is made at the 'exact' top of every hour (i.e. hh:00). For example, the mining facility at the Kelvani Belt operates on a similar type of random chance, granting the Ore for Outpost 3 mission (to take to Deferi Outpost 3), and that will trigger at the top of an hour.

Similarly, daily missions (most notably the PvP Daily and the Fleet Action Daily) are reset every morning at 7AM EST; if the new day's missions (also randomly-determined) are 'different' than the previous day's (i.e. if you had Arenas yesterday and C&H today, etc.), you will be able to claim those new missions at exactly 7AM EST, even if your cooldowns are counting down on your current dailies.

Getting back on-topic, however, I have never heard of anyone that has successfully received a re-stock of the Cryo Grenades... I found Stormshade's reply of: "As he gets them", to be incredibly... 'Cryptic'... As it implies that there are conditions that must be fulfilled (possibly by individual players, or by the player base as a whole) to permit the Cryo Grendades to be stocked...

Just my 2 EC,
-Big Red
As I said earlier on...

There must be a Secondary Trigger Other Than, just showing up on the hour.

And the Dev's ARE being very closed-lipped about this.
Lt. Commander
# 179
11-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
As I said earlier on...

There must be a Secondary Trigger Other Than, just showing up on the hour.

And the Dev's ARE being very closed-lipped about this.
I fail to see why they are. The grenades arent that OP, everyone can use them i fail to see their problem.

What should happen is that he offers the grenades at really high prices all of the time but for one hour a day (picked randomly) his prices are discounted because he has just got a new stock in.
Lt. Commander
# 180
11-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Bumping. Have visited a couple more times. No luck. No one else seems to have had any luck. I'm bumping this every so often, until someone reports that they have actually purchased the cryogrenades.