Live, or on Tribble?
I don't think its active yet.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
Live, or on Tribble?
Should be live. You must finish "Cold Call" first, though.

Also, for those who read the text from the Ferengi, you'll note that he doesn't get his supplies from a Ferengi ship.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Since everyone wants to know I'll spill the beans. The ferengi has a chance at the top of every hour to restock with grenades for that hour.
Perhaps this is on Tribble as it doesn't appear to be active on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Since everyone wants to know I'll spill the beans. The ferengi has a chance at the top of every hour to restock with grenades for that hour.
Is that all he will have ??

Also the actual planet is totally pointless once you have done your mission.
why cant we enter any buildings or go shopping for Defari weapons, ship consoles, off duty uniforms or even Artifact's (paintings and that kind of thing for the ship).

I like the new story's but I still feel every planet in this this game is totally pointless with nothing to do.

This kills any form of social interaction with other players as they just go there and leave.
There's not even a Bar or a place to hang and play Dabo etc.. its just a nice place to look at nothing more,

We didn't even get to go in the Capital building during our mission, it took place on the steps outside lol

After this Story arc is over, it will be just as dead as Risa, Vulcan etc..
Or do you have a plan to make the planets interactive, with more mission givers, interactive characters and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post

Also, for those who read the text from the Ferengi, you'll note that he doesn't get his supplies from a Ferengi ship.
Can I suggest that he sells something all the time? Same with the diplomatic NPC? It confuses people when you have a sometimes vendor... whereas a vendor with a limited supply of some items, who sells other items regularly, seems more familiar.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-06-2010, 02:25 PM
i think that ferengi needs to re-evaluate his business practices and start selling them all the time,

giving him a few standard items like batteries or hypos of something might be a good idea too.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i think that ferengi needs to re-evaluate his business practices and start selling them all the time,

giving him a few standard items like batteries or hypos of something might be a good idea too.
Another thought would be to have him sell them all the time but at a hefty price, with periodic "sales" on the hour to get people buzzing around the area as a social hub.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post

You're right of course Jesse, however the Ferengi on the planet Defera, aka Asssitant Manager Vux states, "The Deferi bring their wares to me, I distribute them to outsiders, and everyone profits!", which doesn't seem quite right.

How exactly are the Deferi getting hold of Cryo-Grenades in the first place, and if the Deferi are not delivering Cryo-Grenades to the Ferengi, who or where is he getting them from?

If the Deferi are delivering Cryo-Grenades to the Ferengi, what are they getting in return, freely giving Cryo-Grenades to the Ferengi at no cost to the Deferi does not seem likely to bring any form of balance to their "second-hand market". Also, would the Deferi really allow Breen weapons to be sold right on thier doorstep?

The Ferengi Vux, also states (most of the time), "I'm afraid that at the moment, I haven't any wares that would interest a well-traveld Captain like yourself, but perhaps if you come back later we can make a deal, hmm?"

Which suggests that the Ferengi has various other goods, but doesn't believe them to be of any value to Starfleet or KDF Captains, this Ferengi really is a shady character, he won't even give a hint as to what type of deal he will be able to offer and more importantly, he does not appear to be following the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.

Also, I've just realised that he doesn't seem to get deliveries every hour, on the top of every hour, which means that there must be a random variable chance that dictates whether or not the Ferengi will recieve a delivery.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-06-2010, 03:12 PM
I was dirt side at 23:00 hours local with my Fed Sci captain, and got the same standard reply... Then again now at 24:00 hrs local with my KDF Sci captain, and got nothing...

What are the chances we are talking about here?? 5-10% or is it more??

And why not have him sell something else like others in this thread have suggested?? I mean having a guy that only sells one thing, then only at certain times if you are lucky???
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Another thought would be to have him sell them all the time but at a hefty price, with periodic "sales" on the hour to get people buzzing around the area as a social hub.
This is the best plan IMHO.