Lt. Commander
# 1 Change The Ground Combat
09-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Hey all,
What do you think off it, they want quality to the game not quantity !
So me and my fleet says PLEASE change the ground combat !!!

I think it could use an big update but can they inplement it I dont know !!!
When walking on a planet scanning you BO's follow you like little duckies there mama duck .
And shooting part aint much either, because if someone come up to me set an phaser to my had and fire it shields or not I think I will be faporized !!!
And what they should change Il give you my list but I sure like to hear yours !!!

My List :

1.Give BO's AI so they scan stuff for you or find the enemy or annyway make them smart .
2. More options like walk,run,sit,duck,climb.
3.an holodeck to train to make yourself better or where you can train your BO's
4.An sniper tool so you can shoot enemy's down from an distance !!! Might come in handy with the Borg less risk to be asimelated.
5.OPS make an battle plan for an rescue or strategy atack would be nice
6.NPC handeling just give the command line when next to an chair sit should be the easy.
7.Interaction between BOs

Ok I think they have to rebuild everyting but if they inplement this into the game that would be awsome .
What do you think I like to know make an list just like me or if you agree let us know .
We want to know your opinion !!!

Greets Fleet Amiral Janeway
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-01-2010, 01:43 PM
As of right now, I think the best thing to do would be to reduce the endless mobs. I never accept a ground exploration mission because of the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Some of your ideas might be good for an overhaul in the future, but they could help a lot by taking it down a notch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-06-2010, 02:10 AM
The Main issue right now with ground combat is the difficulty of it compared to space combat, the npc mobs that have insta-kill weapons need to be fix or removed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I would like to see shots that acutally miss the target and hits should be more deadly on the other side. NPCs should have less hp and some of them should deal a little bit less damage.

Beeing able to take cover at a corner would be cool (see Mass Effect).
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhooligin View Post
As of right now, I think the best thing to do would be to reduce the endless mobs. I never accept a ground exploration mission because of the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Some of your ideas might be good for an overhaul in the future, but they could help a lot by taking it down a notch.
I agree, look at the new weekly mission just released on Saturday...total slaughterfest. It gets ridiculous no matter what mission your doing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I agree. I think I'd go a little less cross-eyed if I didn't have to beat down a mob every time I turned the game on. But then, I'm not happy with a lot of the ground content.

-Rog
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieK81
The Main issue right now with ground combat is the difficulty of it compared to space combat, the npc mobs that have insta-kill weapons need to be fix or removed.
Ugh. Because of this there have been so many exploration missions I've skipped.

Beam down.

"ZOMFG We have to find chunks of this probe but theres these guys we've never heard of here."

Attack mobs. Get off one shot.

Die.
Lt. Commander
# 8 FPS ground combat
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Ground combat has been discussed before.

The option I like the most is changing to a First person shooter using a older Quake or Uthral eng. since both are C++ based codeing. Adding it should be a long process of recodeing by Mr. MIT Master Programer (Give him a gold chain and a mohawk.)

Really Ground combat should look like Star trek Elite Force 1 and 2.

Ground combat has gotten better in beta your BO would beam into the ground or enemy's would be stuck in buildings.

Doing somthing other than scanning rocks would be the quick fix.

Adding life forms to the planet instead of waves of Klinks, Rom boy, cards. So monsters are also being talked up. (My fav Hairy blue Apes that shoot disrupter beams from there mouth.

Boarding actions were your ship is boarded, or random events happening on ships. These would be called Intruder Alerts I think these are being worked on.

Here is a photo of how it should look. Taken from wiki.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...2_Romulans.jpg

So your flying to Vulcan and a entity is sighted in sickbay phasers to stun.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-12-2010, 02:11 AM
I prefer the way Mass Effect 2 ground combat is done. ST Elite Force does not have a cover system. Though things like walking on beams would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-12-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Boarding actions were your ship is boarded, or random events happening on ships. These would be called Intruder Alerts I think these are being worked on.
yeah that whould be good espaclliy if in space combat as in STO you always need to go to NPC ships to fight off borders but what about your ship it whould make it more diverse if your ship got boarded