Lt. Commander
# 1 Bringing Down the House
09-06-2010, 03:24 PM
First off, kudos to whoever's baby this was! Well Done! Bravo!

I figured I'd wait on starting the Klingon missions until there were more of them (no sense getting drawn in and then abandoning the character after a little bit); but given the recent revelations I figured I might as well try a few and see what they were like.

Now, admittedly this is the first new mission I've tried, but all I can say is WOW! Not only did this have a nice Klingon flavor (a tear nearly came to my eye while my first officer openly wept that a filthy Romulan actually set foot on Qo'noS). But to be able to help out the House of Martok, epic!

Standing over my defeated opponent with the Klingons singing away in the background was just plain awesome. I raised my d'k Tahg in salute and basked in Worf's warm praise!

I even walked away with the first place Trophy. which looks very nice. Having the crew request it be proudly displayed was a really nice touch. There were headbutts and bloodwine all around I can tell you.

So, this is by the far the best mission I've played. All I can say is you haven't joined up with the KDF, you're missing out!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-07-2010, 03:10 AM
I also took Champion standing in the Forcas III tournament The graphics for the bat'leth actions are very well done!

Now I'm in "The House Always Wins" (All Around the Mulberry Bush) mission which seems to be a counterpart to Bringing Down the House. I've destroyed all 3 satellites, two of the freighters. But I can't find the first freighter!

The area I'm supposed to search (looks like a mining base on an asteroid) is highlighted but there's is no freighter here. I'm gonna file a bug ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Ticket ID #968,594 submitted for Mulberry Bush mission.

sorry for the double post, stupid website.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2010, 03:59 AM
bringing down the house and i think the next one 'the house always wins' is an awesome double ep

in fact all the Klingon ones are excellent
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

in fact all the Klingon ones are excellent
Yes indeed.

@StarbasePrime
Wait till you stand in front of the gates of GreīThor......This is truely the best episode in the whole STO game. I pitty everyone who hasnīt created a klingon and played through this storyarc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2010, 04:47 AM
Too be honest, i have only been able to do one of the klingon ones. The others are bugged.

Bringing down the house doesn't complete and I have done it 8 times. Now, I just hate that episode.
Destiny doesn't work because i can't go through the doors in qu'nos.
I have had 2 bug reports and have been BEGGING for a solution for weeks and came up snake eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-07-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
Yes indeed.

@StarbasePrime
Wait till you stand in front of the gates of GreīThor......This is truely the best episode in the whole STO game. I pitty everyone who hasnīt created a klingon and played through this storyarc.
Indeed it is the best episode in the entire game. If they can make more like that, i have no problem waiting for a few like that to show up at each season.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-07-2010, 05:25 AM
It is a very nice mission. I have found out from myself and from helping fleeties that if you have any other quests in your log on the klingon side, they have a higher chance of glitching, not progressing, etc. I noted this whilst the content was on tribble, but nothing much was done to correct the issue it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-07-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm playing a new federation character through at the same time to sort of compare, at low levels the federation missions are primarily targeted at getting a new player familiar with game basics so the comparison isn't all that fair since the Klingon missions don't have to concentrate on the basics so much. At the lieutenant level the Federation missions have some cute ideas and they feel sort of like TNG trek. But there's not one stand out mission like the Lt-10 Bringing Down the House.

As one the posters here noted, they don't lead you around by the nose with the Klingon missions - I'm not sure I'd recommend the Klingon side to "kids". You have to really look around and use your noodle.

For example, when I first read the briefing I beamed down, ran out into the courtyard and could find neither transport nor anyone with a bubble over their head that would give me transport. I had so expected the usually lackluster fair to lead me by the nose that I was getting fairly frustrated by the time I finally found that it was a door, not "transport", that would get me to the low lands. It's the same with some of the exploration missions where scanning doesn't work - you have to use the map and think. I sort of like it (except for the bugs)! You get to see more of the worlds.

Well worth it. I hope those that worked on "Bringing Down the House" step out and take a bow - well deserved.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-07-2010, 07:59 AM
These are all great quests, all of the Klingons stuff added in season 2 was great, sadly it was over too fast