Lt. Commander
# 1 Spawn camping - Space
09-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I've had multiple games where klingons camp feds spawn to the point where they're only alive for a few seconds. When are they going to do something about this?? It's complete BS! You don't get the chance to regroup and you can't fight back, not when there are 5 klingons blasting at you once you spawn.

Also, spawn camping in Kerrat... This has been around since launch and it's getting really ridiculous. wtf is cryptic doing? Do they even give a crap? There have been so many times where I enter kerrat and before I even have control of my ship spawn campers have killed me.

They really need to get their ass into gear if they want to save this game.. There are so many simple things they could do to stop spawn camping but it's like they just don't care. I really doubt many of us will be around much longer.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-06-2010, 05:22 PM
The problem isnt that the Klingons spawncamp, but that the Fedball rarely move away from their spawn.. It stands to reason that if you insist on fighting 10k from your spawn, that the newly spawned will take fire.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
The problem isnt that the Klingons spawncamp, but that the Fedball rarely move away from their spawn.. It stands to reason that if you insist on fighting 10k from your spawn, that the newly spawned will take fire.
Need I say more?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
They're both problems. Freshly spawned ships should have an immunity for a certain amount of time so they get the chance to regroup or so they can gtfo of there. That would at least help stop spawn spawn camping in both kerrat and in a pvp match.

What I'd like to see happen in kerrat is have spawn locations locked out to the opposition and for PVP matches, open new spawn locations like before 1.2 came out or maybe even not let people spawn till their side is dead, sorta like in Counterstrike Source.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Look at it this way - the quicker the matches finish, the quicker you can get into another match with better/more honourable opponents. Plus, the quicker you earn your emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnSkye View Post
They're both problems. Freshly spawned ships should have an immunity for a certain amount of time so they get the chance to regroup or so they can gtfo of there. That would at least help stop spawn spawn camping in both kerrat and in a pvp match.

What I'd like to see happen in kerrat is have spawn locations locked out to the opposition and for PVP matches, open new spawn locations like before 1.2 came out or maybe even not let people spawn till their side is dead, sorta like in Counterstrike Source.
bullcrap, the only thing that would do is cause an immune Fedball, as you wouldnt jet away, youd stay there and start blasting like every other fed ship
Lt. Commander
# 7 truth is.
09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnSkye View Post
I've had multiple games where klingons camp feds spawn to the point where they're only alive for a few seconds. When are they going to do something about this?? It's complete BS! You don't get the chance to regroup and you can't fight back, not when there are 5 klingons blasting at you once you spawn.

Also, spawn camping in Kerrat... This has been around since launch and it's getting really ridiculous. wtf is cryptic doing? Do they even give a crap? There have been so many times where I enter kerrat and before I even have control of my ship spawn campers have killed me.

They really need to get their ass into gear if they want to save this game.. There are so many simple things they could do to stop spawn camping but it's like they just don't care. I really doubt many of us will be around much longer.
The truth is in Kerrat that both side are spawn camped fed do the same as klingon and it is a war zone ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

NOW in arena the feds never leave the spawn and the dev switch it to were the feds spawn at the nearest spawn to the team was meant as a handicap for you all. Wait some fed move away from the spawn but only the smart feds and them are few and for between.

So as the old saying goes QQ(just log)
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankah View Post
bullcrap, the only thing that would do is cause an immune Fedball, as you wouldnt jet away, youd stay there and start blasting like every other fed ship
Yeah, I said a certain amount of time, I didn't say forever. Also, when immune they can't attack till it wears off or make it so if they do attack it wears off.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
The truth is in Kerrat that both side are spawn camped fed do the same as klingon and it is a war zone ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

NOW in arena the feds never leave the spawn and the dev switch it to were the feds spawn at the nearest spawn to the team was meant as a handicap for you all. Wait some fed move away from the spawn but only the smart feds and them are few and for between.

So as the old saying goes QQ(just log)
I realize feds camp too, prolly shoulda added that into my original post but imo it shouldn't be able to happen at all. There's nothin fun about loading into kerrat and then getting killed.. Quite often you can't even leave the zone cause as soon as you re-spawn they're on your ass again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-06-2010, 07:34 PM
simple solution and i already said this in my thread about spawncamping.....when you die map pops up with 5 or 6 choices on where to spawn.