Lt. Commander
# 11
09-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I understand and respect the frustration. There are ways around most of this but most of this shouldn't even been an issue to begin with.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-07-2010, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnSkye View Post
They're both problems. Freshly spawned ships should have an immunity for a certain amount of time so they get the chance to regroup or so they can gtfo of there. That would at least help stop spawn spawn camping in both kerrat and in a pvp match.

What I'd like to see happen in kerrat is have spawn locations locked out to the opposition and for PVP matches, open new spawn locations like before 1.2 came out or maybe even not let people spawn till their side is dead, sorta like in Counterstrike Source.
Its funny, because the good Fed teams will per defination move away from their spawn.. They will instantly move to the center station in Solar and Briar or to the center of the planet in Cracked (as a team mind you).. Against those teams, there are little to no spawncamping (played against these groups as well as with them)..
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-07-2010, 02:21 AM
cant be any bad then fed's uesing cloak to not even help need a AFK system for PVP
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-07-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Its funny, because the good Fed teams will per defination move away from their spawn.. They will instantly move to the center station in Solar and Briar or to the center of the planet in Cracked (as a team mind you).. Against those teams, there are little to no spawncamping (played against these groups as well as with them)..
Good fed teams are almost non-existent... So sometimes we're forced to say near spawn cause half the team stays there.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-07-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Good fed teams are almost non-existent... So sometimes we're forced to say near spawn cause half the team stays there.
So.. The KDF spawnkills people because some/all of your group stay there, yet the KDF are the "bad guys" for doing it?

Do not blame the KDF players for something they have no control over.

Rules shouldnt be changed/added simply because some people refuse to learn.. Its not like fighting at your spawn doesnt have its bonuses.. You can be back in the fight almost instantly, while the KDF have to impulse for 40k+ across the map.

Example:

KDF attacks Fedball, 2 Feds and 2 Klingons die:

Moments lated the 2 dead Feds are back and youre looking at a 5v3 fight.. Last 3 KDF dies as well as 1 Fed. and the 2 first dead KDF returns, 4v2 - Dead Fed returns, 5v2

See where Im going?
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-07-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
and its things like this that make the teams im on usually feel bad. we'll sit in the center for a bit and wonder where the heck eevryone else is then drift to the spawn and see everyone there. we even try to pull the battle away sometimes but keep getting dragged back to their spawn. what are to do about it besides blow them up?
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Error upon error.

I will mention a few of these errors, and serious players can figure it out.

1) The erroneous concept that the FedBall is optimal.

2) That idea that Spawn Camping even exists, and that it is a detriment to Feds who are deploying in close proximity.

3) Going into PvP with out proper command and control, i.e. Voice comms and a Wing Commander who knows what she is doing.

4) Fundamental misunderstanding of what Ker'rat is, and its function in STO, and in training pilots.

5) Generation "Whatever", and their inability to accomplish anything that takes longer than 21 seconds of concentrated thought.

Yours in "I'm going so fast I'll catch you on the way back" Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
5) Generation "Whatever", and their inability to accomplish anything that takes longer than 21 seconds of concentrated thought.
I'm being bitter and old, but this most likely covers the rest of your reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Generation "Whatever", and their inability to accomplish anything that takes longer than 21 seconds of concentrated thought.
For the sake of argument I could debate that I'm part of that generation. I understand what you're saying, but you old fogies often take 21 seconds to do something that can be done in 15 just as competently. Fly by the seat of your pants once in awhile, if they're not up to your armpits already!

P.S. I agree with Star
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-07-2010, 05:15 PM
best thing was said in a battle earlyer today, "stop spawning where im camping" lol, its one thing to do it in kerrat where its sort of forced, but in arena matchs its totally different.