Lt. Commander
# 1 Bug with cluster mine torpedo
09-06-2010, 06:28 PM
I have this in the forward arc of my Nova, and many many times, sometimes several times in a row, I'll turn to fire the launcher...the cooldown trips and nothing actually fires.

Anyone else seen this? I've had it happen with torpedoes from time to time, but it happens far more frequently with the cluster launcher.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-06-2010, 07:35 PM
If you're referring to the torpedo that you acquire after completing "Out in the Cold", then yes, same thing happens to me as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Same here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-06-2010, 09:32 PM
have you put in a bug report with it?
Lt. Commander
# 5 Other Ship
09-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Got it on another ship for just taking up space.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Same here, and it happens just as often with my tricobalt torpedo's also, its great have almost a minute cooldown on torpedo's that don't fire at all, sometimes it happens 3 or 4 times in a row before it actually fires.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtftintin View Post
have you put in a bug report with it?
Yup. I have this item on auto fire, as I do all my torpedoes. (I'm used to a cruiser)

I think the issue actually stems from that. The launcher is most likely trying to fire just as the arc comes into range, but isn't quite there yet. So it doesn't actually fire, but since it tried to, the cooldown trips.

The obvious work around would be to turn off the auto fire on it and use it manually, just a lot more inconvenient that way. Especially if I try to use it on my star cruiser, where I already have so many cool downs and such to watch as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-08-2010, 12:21 AM
This is the same as the tric launcher bug...im shocked still that this havent been fixed yet...its a total downer that i cant fire my tric during pvp sometimes...
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Yup. I have this item on auto fire, as I do all my torpedoes. (I'm used to a cruiser)

I think the issue actually stems from that. The launcher is most likely trying to fire just as the arc comes into range, but isn't quite there yet. So it doesn't actually fire, but since it tried to, the cooldown trips.

The obvious work around would be to turn off the auto fire on it and use it manually, just a lot more inconvenient that way. Especially if I try to use it on my star cruiser, where I already have so many cool downs and such to watch as it is.
I have mine set up as a hot key and even then I press the button and nothing happens, same if I have it set to auto fire, so in either case it doesn't matter it still doesn't always fire, same with the tricobalt, auto fire or not.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-08-2010, 07:37 PM
its not a bug, all weps have a chance to missfire, just like abilities have a chance to fail. you dont see it often but it does happen.