Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Same here with any torpedo I have used, and they misfire about 20% of the time. Even quantums do it to me. Real annoying when you activate high yield, and you are pointed directly at the target, and nothing happens.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-09-2010, 12:06 PM
I noticed it too. I don't think it's just a misfire, or if it is, it's misfiring most of the time. I thought it was my imagination. I'll try to play closer attention to what's going on with it and the next time it happens, I'll place a bug report.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
its not a bug, all weps have a chance to missfire, just like abilities have a chance to fail. you dont see it often but it does happen.
Part of this, IF it is indeed a "missfire", might be the fact that this device relies on Mines Skill not Torpedo Skill. So regardless of the fact that it looks like a torpedo launcher it isn't really...

Still my bet is that its bugged. You might check by stopping between fights, un-equip it, then re-equip it in a different slot. If that helps at all then its a reappearance of an Old Bug. (And I've seen that same problem on the ground recently btw.)

Or the best solution might be to put it in the back and not have it on auto-fire. So you know it's not a clipping issue with some other weapon firing. Because if your torpedoes fire fine up front and this device consistently fails to fire... then you can be certain its bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Yup. I have this item on auto fire, as I do all my torpedoes. (I'm used to a cruiser)
I think the issue actually stems from that. The launcher is most likely trying to fire just as the arc comes into range, but isn't quite there yet. So it doesn't actually fire, but since it tried to, the cooldown trips.
The obvious work around would be to turn off the auto fire on it and use it manually, just a lot more inconvenient that way. Especially if I try to use it on my star cruiser, where I already have so many cool downs and such to watch as it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfire25 View Post
This is the same as the tric launcher bug...im shocked still that this havent been fixed yet...its a total downer that i cant fire my tric during pvp sometimes...
Quote:
its not a bug, all weps have a chance to missfire, just like abilities have a chance to fail. you dont see it often but it does happen.
nvm Sh1ngara got it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannyone View Post
Part of this, IF it is indeed a "missfire", might be the fact that this device relies on Mines Skill not Torpedo Skill. So regardless of the fact that it looks like a torpedo launcher it isn't really...

Still my bet is that its bugged. You might check by stopping between fights, un-equip it, then re-equip it in a different slot. If that helps at all then its a reappearance of an Old Bug. (And I've seen that same problem on the ground recently btw.)

Or the best solution might be to put it in the back and not have it on auto-fire. So you know it's not a clipping issue with some other weapon firing. Because if your torpedoes fire fine up front and this device consistently fails to fire... then you can be certain its bugged.
*nods* good suggestions.
i cant say to much to this as a bug, i have not had issues with mine.

lol now watch tonight it missfire 20 times cause I said that lol. oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
nvm Sh1ngara got it.
If its not a bug then the devs would've put some kind of description under the torp msg box saying "% chance of misfiring" Soooo no i dont think its 'working as intended' unless a DEV here says it otherwise. Have you seen any torps misfiring in ANY of the Star Trek series? No. Frustrating during pvp? yes.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Why would it only be torpedo's miss firing, why not cannons? Mines? Or even beam arrays then? Ohh thats right cause its a bug, plan and simple, and its really annoying especially when you hit high yield or try firing a torpedo with a long cool down like the tricobalts. No way around it, its annoying, and very frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Pretty positive its a bug, I've never even heard of weapons being able to misfire period. Got a link perchance?

Assuming misfires are intended, its still a bug. The thing doesn't fire far far more often than it actually works.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Want this fixed. This bug existed since pre-launch of the game. And also, why MKX and MKXI trics have the same damage? shows in descp.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-13-2010, 08:39 AM
After Several Days of testing I am finding that either the cluster torpedo or the Tri-Cobalt torpedoes do IN FACT miss-fire consistently. It appears to be a "clipping" issue with the firing of another weapon. And considering how long the recharge is on these weapons, this is unacceptable!