Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 111
09-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
That's an excellent question. I wonder at what point we can start actually asking and hoping for an answer?
Right now I think we need to keep that filed under, "Unknown". Please remember that these tools are still in development, so we're learning as we go right now.

I'm personally REALLY looking forward to getting to try these out, and see what I can do with them before you guys get them. Who knows, maybe I'll even be able to have something you guys can play through when UGC goes live!

If this is something you'd like to see happen, I can certainly pass that along and see if it's possible or not however.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 112
09-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Right now I think we need to keep that filed under, "Unknown". Please remember that these tools are still in development, so we're learning as we go right now.

I'm personally REALLY looking forward to getting to try these out, and see what I can do with them before you guys get them. Who knows, maybe I'll even be able to have something you guys can play through when UGC goes live!

If this is something you'd like to see happen, I can certainly pass that along and see if it's possible or not however.

Thanks,

Stormshade

I'd certainly like to see the ability to create missions locked to factions, or class, or sex, or even the species, or all of the above. It would be nice to create, say, Klingon only missions that even Gorn and Orions can't participate in because it deals directly with Klingon culture that they wouldn't be apart of, but it might be open to Federation Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 113
09-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
HEck yea Stormshade! I'd love to see what idea You have for a mission

P.S. did you get the PM I sent you awhile back and if so can you let me know if there was a response to it?
Lt. Commander
# 114
09-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
yes there is something i would like to see added to the ugc, make an option within it for the kdf side to create a zone for a contest with planets and missions, once the ugc zone has been created allow us to enter it into a contest for a lifetime subs to the best created zones. let us create them for specific levels ranks and the top 3 -4 zones win, one for each rank. these zones created in ugc should not be playable through the ugc open options that i think are coming but tested for 3 days on the tribble server for the best ones and if they are bug free-ish then given to the devs to tinker with and addapt so they can be added to the game.

i say 3-4 as i think that a ugc created tutorial for the kdf would also be good so players can start kdf from the start, get tips on cloaking etc and some back story into why the kdf are at war with the feds, aka worf and why he left the feds in the 1st place and the undine threat and instead of the kdf going against the borg in there tutorial they go up against the undine, something along that idea.
Lt. Commander
# 115
09-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Hmmmm. That's a tough call for me. I think I'd lean more towards having things more accessible and more open. Like I'd really love to be able to design a mission for my Klingon friends that involves Romulan space. For the story telling hook as well as the fun factor. So I'd be very interested in seeing if UGC can "open" up more doors? At least I'd focus more on that instead of trying to keep KDF UGC separate from Fed UGC?

But maybe I read the others' suggestions wrong, so maybe I'm off track?
Lt. Commander
# 116
09-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Hmmmm. That's a tough call for me. I think I'd lean more towards having things more accessible and more open. Like I'd really love to be able to design a mission for my Klingon friends that involves Romulan space. For the story telling hook as well as the fun factor. So I'd be very interested in seeing if UGC can "open" up more doors? At least I'd focus more on that instead of trying to keep KDF UGC separate from Fed UGC?

But maybe I read the others' suggestions wrong, so maybe I'm off track?
Very interesting idea .... When you speak of something in Romulan space ... do you mean similar to how one of the newer Klingon missions takes the player on a strike at the shipyards in Sol system?
Lt. Commander
# 117
09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
Thanks, for the speedy answer. would you please go close a certain flame attracting thread in STO discussion before tempers truelly explode?
thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 118
09-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonseye View Post
Very interesting idea .... When you speak of something in Romulan space ... do you mean similar to how one of the newer Klingon missions takes the player on a strike at the shipyards in Sol system?
Yes! Imagine being able to design a mission that takes you right to Romulus!

Or Cardassia Prime!

Open up more doors is a pun ... in that I think it'd be cool to have this level of open-ness so we can open up more doors to the rest of the sectors in the game.

And as such, the Feds would then be able to create missions that take place in Klingon space.

Since this is UGC and most likely instanced ... I think it could work.

But I'd need to see the tools. Test it. Play with it. But I'm trying to keep my mind very very open for storytelling ideas. And like I said, I may have misread the prior suggestions and might be thinking about them wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 119
09-12-2010, 08:39 PM
i dunno, in my opinion....ugc....let the Feds have it.
"Let them eat cake."
we are Klingons! (and Gorn) and we are the pvp faction.
first and foremost. pvp was the original end-game.
if you're going to further shift that balance from pvp to pve by releasing ugc tools (a lot more people making pve=less people doing pvp), let's soften the blow with something for pvp.
something truly for KDF. don't spend the capital to develop ugc for the KDF as well, take that capital and develop some more open-pvp maps. maybe a capture the flag? rework some ground arenas into cap n holds?
new pve is great, but it's not really doing anything to increase the KDF population besides getting Feds to play their kdf alts more (and take even more numbers from the q's, inadvertantly). most of the KDF population that has left are not the ones who wanted moar pve, but rather better pvp. a good percentage of the KDF areand always have been pvp'ers.
what the KDF needs now and has always needed more than anything are more numbers. more people playing KDF as a main. the best way to increase that number is to get retired KDF players back into the game, not by trying to 'convert' feds (gl, btw) by tempting them with pve.
to most Federation players, that see more new faces every day, more stuff in the c-store, it's easy to paint them a happy UFP picture with UGC. but to KDF players, who have watched good friends leave and their numbers dwindle and entire fleets disappear for 6 months straight, i think you'd find it more difficult to paint that gamer a happy picture with UGC.
let the Federation have UGC for now. i think the KDF would really appreciate a much more focused effort to bring back retired players, most effective way to do through improving pvp-space and ground.
Lt. Commander
# 120
09-12-2010, 09:21 PM
I think one of the concerns regarding the Klingon faction, is the lack of sectors to explore, and where to place any UGC created content in.

Will the toolset be able to create or import new ship designs/skins for existing ships?

Will voice overs be an enabled feature in UGC content, for dialogue etc..?

Are you considering adding features to UGC, to make Special Task Forces, Fleet Actions?

We do need more PvP maps, will the UGC allow players to create new PvP content?

Is the proposed UGC toolset the same one that will be included with the upcoming Neverwinter title? I have used the toolset in the previous Neverwinter series and found it did add a lot more to the existing content.