Lt. Commander
This has gone beyond tedious by now.

On average, I do the Explores (and sometimes the PvP) once a day to earn Emblems or Marks to requistion my Mk XI/X gear.

But after 7 months of doing this, it's become more of a chore then something interesting.
Mainly because I've seen all the scenarios 30 times or more by now.

Get on, do 6 missions (3 per character), talk to NPC, get off as fast as possible.

You may as well give me the rewards for pressing the weapons keys for an hour or so.
Because that's what it's been reduced to, mindless repetition.

If you were to grant 28 Emblems or Marks (depending on rank) for the weekly, that would be an acceptible solution.

It's an original mission (at least, I hope it is) every week.
At the moment, I have no motivation to play them, because the rewards weren't that great for the first one (a cryogenic grenade that will be consumed if I was inclined to use it).
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-07-2010, 01:13 AM
I guess it wouldn't be so bad in exploration missions if there was just more meat to the map, especially on ground.

Some of the absurdities is just boundless. The Breen episodes were done so much better. I think if the map had more to it rather than the cookie cutter random map that comes up with 2 different races that look exactly the same.

It is in a sense...............boring.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2010, 03:13 AM
Totally agree. This one problem is probably the game's greatest failing. The 'random' missions (of which there are 6 at best) get very boring. Combine this with the low social aspect of the, game and its a death sentence for many players.

We need more variety, non-random missions, and a reason to group and socialize - and I don't mean more nearly impossible lets-repeat-it-30-times-so-we-can-get-to-the-ending task forces. ;-)

Cheers,

-- Z
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2010, 04:45 AM
i've totally stopped going out of my way to earn the emblems. if i get some from doing what i like to do then so be it. its not like the game is going anywhere. besides, you know the moment your about to complete your collection theyll find some new thing for us to earn and new crap to buy:p
Lt. Commander
# 5 Emblems/Marks = Grind
09-07-2010, 04:58 AM
That's always been the way in any MMO I have played. Badge is grind. That is just MMOs. there are plains to overhaul sector space so how know what changes will be made.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2010, 05:37 AM
My suggestion would be to add a few STFs or other repeatable content. And make the rewards reflect the effort you have to put into it!

To use KA as an example:
- You need a team to do it
- You have to plan it, usually at least a day or two in advance.
- You have to set up your ship with the right gear and skills for the job.
- You have to use 2-3 hours to complete it.
- You risk failing if someone really suck at the space part, or at lest spending an extra hour.
- You risk failing if someone get disconnected/must leave.

Compared to Explore missions:
- You do 3 "Gather Data" missions or other quick missions
- You spend total of 30 minutes

Reward is the same for both! :p

Chance of getting good loot is actually better for the Explores if you get combat missions!

In comparison, KA should give at least 15 Emblems AND one or two purple drops!
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-07-2010, 06:14 AM
I don't know why VA level missions couldn not generally grant Emblems.

But in the end, it is still just a drop in the oceaon. TOo make "infinitely replayable" content, you will have to live with repeats and formulaic stuff. With Grind. There are no automatic story-line generators in the world.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-07-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
I guess it wouldn't be so bad in exploration missions if there was just more meat to the map, especially on ground.

Some of the absurdities is just boundless. The Breen episodes were done so much better. I think if the map had more to it rather than the cookie cutter random map that comes up with 2 different races that look exactly the same.

It is in a sense...............boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i've totally stopped going out of my way to earn the emblems. if i get some from doing what i like to do then so be it. its not like the game is going anywhere. besides, you know the moment your about to complete your collection theyll find some new thing for us to earn and new crap to buy:p
Unfortunatly this is some what the nature of a MMO. Some are simply more overly a "grind" than others.

BUJT for what ever it is worth I DO agree that this is one area that needs help. There will always be the neccessity for "grinding" in this sort of game. BUT if it is made to be done where there is a little more change from the same old monotonous settings (ground missions in a cave or out post or station seem to be the worst IMHO) ... would at least alleviate some of the boredom.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Well, also you have fleet actions, pvp, Deferi dailies (no more diverse, but at least they are boring in a slightly different way) and STFs.

I too would like to see some real repeatable endgame group content which isn't just a recycled version of missions we were doing in the Miranda, but it seems pretty unlikely. And at the moment, unless you play competitive PvP, uber gear is totally unnecessary anyway, since there is nothing challenging to fight.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-10-2010, 06:48 AM
I have to agree. It gets very cumbersome to say the least. It is even more so when one is doing several toon. I all but gave up working on toons besides my main for this very reason. At a minimum Cryptic could expand on the races for the dailies for RA/VA levels.