Lt. Commander
# 1 Time for a new STF? (please)
09-07-2010, 12:50 AM
A new STF is long overdue!

Last we had was terradome, and that one has never been anything but a nightmare of bugs ever since release... Leaving us with no new, working, STF since KA was released!!

I can't belive this is such a hard thing to make? It's just a mission like any other mission, with a few differences:

- Difficulty locked on Elite
- Space part scaled to require 5 ships
- Unable to bring boffs
- Unique bosses
- Epic loot + Emblem rewards
- Repeatable

I can't belive making a STF is more work than making 2 regular episodes... so why won't you give us a few more STFs? They offer 100 times the content of a regular episode, because they are repeatable! They are more fun than anything else because they require teamwork, and because they give epic rewrds.

Please! Make a new STF! (and remove Terradome from game until you get it right)
Lt. Commander
# 2 Undine know all
09-07-2010, 04:12 AM
another Undine one could be fun
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2010, 04:23 AM
Oh good god no! Your kidding arent you?

I'd like to send a message to Zinc from the bottom of my heart, thank you for leaving us with these lumbering, boring, riddiculously time-consuming and exceptionally bugged pieces of Dren!!!

I mean seriously, people still play these?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryulis View Post

I mean seriously, people still play these?
Yes, and a lot, mi fleet plays them on very often, and we loss some ppl beacose there is no new STF, i really hope in to the hive came to the game some day.

But i dont agree with OP, this should not be STF vs Week episode, beacose i really love the weeky episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Please! Make a new STF! (and remove Terradome from game until you get it right)
I'll vote for them to make a new STF once they realize that simply throwing massive numbers of enemies at you does not make it a challenge.

I'm pretty sure the reason their is no new STF is with Terradome they hit the limit of the number of enemies they could spawn and until they can put more enemies on a single map they are holding off.

My fleet's last run through Terradome looked exactly like the borg on ESD from the end of Open Beta event. There were so many spawns they were standing on each other shoulders lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2010, 05:16 AM
I would really like to see challenging repeatable endgame group content on par with the dungeons/raids in other games. On the other hand, let's face it - the STFs they've done so far are really, really terrible. And furthermore, the majority of the player base has been conditioned to believe they are entitled to the best gear in the game by:

1) Exploited 60-second PvP "matches"
2) Hitting the F-key enough times
3) Going AFK in fleet actions
4) Exploiting their way through STFs filled with mobs 6 levels under-conned
5) Etc...

So I would say there's little cause for optimism from any angle...
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaD
I would really like to see challenging repeatable endgame group content on par with the dungeons/raids in other games. On the other hand, let's face it - the STFs they've done so far are really, really terrible. And furthermore, the majority of the player base has been conditioned to believe they are entitled to the best gear in the game by:

1) Exploited 60-second PvP "matches"
2) Hitting the F-key enough times
3) Going AFK in fleet actions
4) Exploiting their way through STFs filled with mobs 6 levels under-conned
5) Etc...

So I would say there's little cause for optimism from any angle...
First: I, and most other players in my fleet, really enjoy the STFs! Even after completing them 50 times they are still fun! The only thing ruining the fun is when something bugs out on us

Second: I don't get what you mean by "Exploited 60-second PvP matches" and "Exploiting their way through STFs"?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Agree with OP except for the part about the epic loot. It's not currently THAT epic.

EDIT: although it SHOULD be.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Step 1: Fix the STFs already there and maybe make them less zergy

Step 2: Add more STFs (A Breen STF would be cool)
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-08-2010, 02:30 AM
I totally agree. I am sure some people like the short weekly episodes, but I find it boring. The story is fun, but it is way to easy.

It would be great to make Weekly STF missions