Lt. Commander
# 11
09-08-2010, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Agree with OP except for the part about the epic loot. It's not currently THAT epic.

EDIT: although it SHOULD be.
Well... It is not called epic... Im sure that is what stuff would be called in WoW or where ever this "definition" comes from, but this is not that game.

It is called "Very Rare", basically meaning that it dosen't appear that often... So no. Not Epic... Very rare.

On topic: Another STF would be nice indeed, but I don't think it should be what i understand the so called "raids" are like.

It should be Star Trek like, with mind challenging objectives and hard choices that can and will affect gameplay in some way.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-08-2010, 04:10 AM
A new STF is not desirable until they fix the current ones to be actually playable!
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Another STF is probably in order before the end of the year at least, but in all honesty, I would like to see replayable missions first and more info on what they plan to do about the old STFs in terms of what the plans are to get more players playing them and this idea I keep hearing about soloable STFs.

Due to their current setup I don't even really mess with them myself, they are just way too tedious and too many groups fall apart which makes running them a huge headache for myself and what I gather for a lot of other people as well.

If they want to make another I won't get on here and complain, but there are features many of us are dying to get our hands on and have been waiting a long time to get.

If they can do one without diverting a ton of resources and time away from other features players have been waiting on for ages then I don't mind, but if we have to make a choice, I would have to go with putting them on the back burner for awhile in favor of beefing up klingon content and episode replay.

If we had episode replay, then those who do not like the STFs for what ever reason still have something to fall back on.
Right now all we have are the dailies, PvP if you are into that, and the weeklies to fall back on.
There are DSE's and FAs of course, but I lump those into the STF realm as not on the main to do list for the avg player's things to do in a given week.
Sorry to say anything should be put on the back burner as things that some don't like others do, but episode replay is really needed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm2b2 View Post
A new STF is not desirable until they fix the current ones to be actually playable!
I think the Borg STFs are still playable and enjoyable, but i agree that they could benefit from some bug-fixes. As for Terradome, I've given up on them ever getting it to work properly... for every bug they fix they add two new ones... As far as I'm concerned they could just remove it from the game and focus on making a new replacement STF.

As for replaying missions, I support this 100%! Atm i'm in the process of leveling a fed toon by pvp and explores, so i can invite my friendst to join me in playing the storyline on VA level! That's how much grinding i'm willing to do to get one shot at repeating these missions at VA level!
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-08-2010, 09:24 PM
As long as I have willing teammates, which don't seem too hard to come by, all the STFs are very playable. I hope they release another one soon as well, maybe package it with Season 3 or something. What ever happened to Children of Khan, was it scrapped?
Lt. Commander
# 16 Hoping
09-09-2010, 04:28 AM
I am hoping part 5 of of the Series 1: The Breen will be some kind on mini raid. A one boss fight for the most part about half the time of infected raid. Most people seem to like the short and fast raids. It would also sever many duel rolls for the game long and short term.
Lt. Commander
# 17 @op: -1
09-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
I can't belive this [an STF] is such a hard thing to make?
You should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We recognize that we'll never be able to keep up with player's desire for content.

I've discussed in the past that there is diminishing returns for devoting a ton of time on any one specific piece of content. Case in point the STFs. We spent *the most* time out of all of our mission types, making those STFs (multiple weeks of development for 1 mission) and the problem is - they are very complex to make and ended up with bugs and very few people ultimately end up being able to play them. They are at a point now where I'd redesign them and open them up for smaller teams or cross-faction teams if I had the manpower to do it.
@Title: I'd say 'never'. And good riddance to them.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-11-2010, 06:26 AM
If they do make a new STF, it should be one that both Starfleet and KDF can play, aka a Co-op STF...

This woulld make many KDF players happy I would bet...