Lt. Commander
# 11
09-10-2010, 05:44 AM
I also like the new sector style very much. I also really like the rolling grid highlight. It adds a nice touch of techieness without being overtly blunt visually.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I like the new sector space a lot.

If I have one quibble, it would be that collisions with 'objects' should be turned off. Since everything is only an abstract representation, why am I getting stuck against a sun?
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-10-2010, 07:48 PM
And you don't think going through a sun is just as odd?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
YES, I love what you guys did to space......can we do it everywhere? This is what space is supposed to resemble realistically.

Veyr good stuff Cryptic....keep er rollin.
I completely agree ! BEAUTIFUL!!! The only thing that detracts from the beauty is the grid lines. I HATE THEM, but I can deal if the rest of the universe can be made to look like the Deferi sector!

GOOD JOB GUYS!
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-13-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm glad you guys are liking the new sectors! I have a bunch of issues with our original sector space design: it's too bright and kind of cartoony, ships feel small and get lost in the jumble, doesn't feel like deep space etc. I think we addressed a bunch of those issues with our two latest sectors and we're pushing it even further in house right now. I can't wait for you to see what we're working on!
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmattson View Post
I'm glad you guys are liking the new sectors! I have a bunch of issues with our original sector space design: it's too bright and kind of cartoony, ships feel small and get lost in the jumble, doesn't feel like deep space etc. I think we addressed a bunch of those issues with our two latest sectors and we're pushing it even further in house right now. I can't wait for you to see what we're working on!
Heh, well if you find you can't wait any longer a screen shot or 5 might help take the edge off.. :p

I agree though, the new sectors are definitely a nice step forward.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
And we are excitedly waiting. It's one of the many things I'm looking forward to.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-13-2010, 10:59 AM
If we can't get rid of sector space then I'd atleast like to see an option to remove the grinds and lollipops .

I'm sure alot people didn't expect the sector travel approach but we might as well make it better in any way possible :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
I can't wait either! Curious what's to come!
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
You are making progress, but tell us how you really feel about sector space. Let it all outů:p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
Heh, well if you find you can't wait any longer a screen shot or 5 might help take the edge off.. :p
Yes.. Screenshots or it did not happen or it is not happening.