Lt. Commander
I am not at all in favor of gimmicks for the proposed new ships and retrofits that are already ingame. While the ships already added really can't have their special powers removed (and they aren't game breaking) I would instead rather see any new "special powers" be added a rare BO skills, for both factions, and across all species.

For example, the Tachyon Detection Grid being added with the Nebula-class Cruiser would make an excellent science officer skill. Add varying levels to the pool for random BO rewards as you level up, green and higher only. Level I would be a lieutenant skill, II would be Lt. CDR skill, and III would be CDR skill. The power becomes more effective and broad reaching for each level. Say 3km radius for the level I version, 5km for the level II version, and lastly, 10km for the very rare level III version.

In addition, any new "special powers" you devs may feel would make a great gimmick for a retrofit ship, please reconsider and look at making it a BO skill instead please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Thats actually a great idea , makes the 'skill' more universal , more options is good! even if we had to rain a certain BO and it took a few days , but i think this is a great idea.