Lt. Commander
# 1 Classic Trek Costume Question
09-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSKitsune
Kirk would have just ripped his shirt open and proceed to wail on him like he does in each different episode.
This quote about Kirk has made me pause to consider a very important classic trek costume piece question.

When are we going to get the ripped/tattered Classic Uniform top?

Think about, just about every epi, Krik manages to get himself all torn up, ripped shirts and everything. So by denying us, you are denying us a key part of the Trek legancy. Think about it, that torn shirt is is more eps then the Klingons and Gorn combined!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Let's not take canon too far now... some of us wear red shirts, you know.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2010, 02:19 PM
If you put a ripped Kirk-shirt in game then the following will occur ( in no specific order):

1. The KDF will demand a KDF version of the Kirk-shirt.
2. Those players with female avatars will demand the Kirk-shirt for their avatar.
3. Chuck will get mad, pout and throw his gym-thingy at the big-screen TV he needs to even see STO at his age.
4. The interwebz will totally collapse the space-time continuum.
5. Q will faint.

Do you REALLY want any of this to happen?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
I
2. Those players with female avatars will demand the Kirk-shirt for their avatar.)

And the female players will demand a shirtless option for their vulcan 1st officers. The fan mail to Nimoy from women outpaced the fan mail to Shatner two to one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
If you put a ripped Kirk-shirt in game then the following will occur ( in no specific order):

1. The KDF will demand a KDF version of the Kirk-shirt.
2. Those players with female avatars will demand the Kirk-shirt for their avatar.
3. Chuck will get mad, pout and throw his gym-thingy at the big-screen TV he needs to even see STO at his age.
4. The interwebz will totally collapse the space-time continuum.
5. Q will faint.

Or a working scanner.

I know the KDF has had its share of budget cutbacks, but really.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2010, 09:19 PM
I would be happy if we got the Command alternate green wrap around command shirt for our Captains.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
I would be happy if we got the Command alternate green wrap around command shirt for our Captains.
Funny you should say that:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=1#post3032771
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:

We should do it just because this will happen. I assume you mean Chuck Norris.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
Let's not take canon too far now... some of us wear red shirts, you know.
Hilarious reply. And a fair point, too!
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
This quote about Kirk has made me pause to consider a very important classic trek costume piece question.

When are we going to get the ripped/tattered Classic Uniform top?

Think about, just about every episode, Kirk manages to get himself all torn up, ripped shirts and everything. So by denying us, you are denying us a key part of the Trek legacy. Think about it. That torn shirt is is more epic then the Klingons and Gorn combined!
I'd like to see Distressed versions of all of the uniforms (including KDF).

Kirk isn't the only one that sported a torn, burned, dusty, thrashed uniform. DS9 characters routinely have a blast hole shot in one of their shoulders and I recall several episodes where Voyager characters had the battle worn look going on. Not to mention all of the phaser blasts Data walked around with and all of the plasma burns Geordi La Forge sported over the years in TNG.