Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Classic Trek Costume Question
09-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSKitsune
Kirk would have just ripped his shirt open and proceed to wail on him like he does in each different episode.
This quote about Kirk has made me pause to consider a very important classic trek costume piece question.

When are we going to get the ripped/tattered Classic Uniform top?

Think about, just about every epi, Krik manages to get himself all torn up, ripped shirts and everything. So by denying us, you are denying us a key part of the Trek legancy. Think about it, that torn shirt is is more eps then the Klingons and Gorn combined!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Let's not take canon too far now... some of us wear red shirts, you know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-07-2010, 02:19 PM
If you put a ripped Kirk-shirt in game then the following will occur ( in no specific order):

1. The KDF will demand a KDF version of the Kirk-shirt.
2. Those players with female avatars will demand the Kirk-shirt for their avatar.
3. Chuck will get mad, pout and throw his gym-thingy at the big-screen TV he needs to even see STO at his age.
4. The interwebz will totally collapse the space-time continuum.
5. Q will faint.

Do you REALLY want any of this to happen?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
I
2. Those players with female avatars will demand the Kirk-shirt for their avatar.)

And the female players will demand a shirtless option for their vulcan 1st officers. The fan mail to Nimoy from women outpaced the fan mail to Shatner two to one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
If you put a ripped Kirk-shirt in game then the following will occur ( in no specific order):

1. The KDF will demand a KDF version of the Kirk-shirt.
2. Those players with female avatars will demand the Kirk-shirt for their avatar.
3. Chuck will get mad, pout and throw his gym-thingy at the big-screen TV he needs to even see STO at his age.
4. The interwebz will totally collapse the space-time continuum.
5. Q will faint.

Do you REALLY want any of this to happen?
Or a working scanner.

I know the KDF has had its share of budget cutbacks, but really.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-07-2010, 09:19 PM
I would be happy if we got the Command alternate green wrap around command shirt for our Captains.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
I would be happy if we got the Command alternate green wrap around command shirt for our Captains.
Funny you should say that:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=1#post3032771
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
If you put a ripped Kirk-shirt in game then the following will occur ( in no specific order):

3. Chuck will get mad, pout and throw his gym-thingy at the big-screen TV he needs to even see STO at his age.

Do you REALLY want any of this to happen?
We should do it just because this will happen. I assume you mean Chuck Norris.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
Let's not take canon too far now... some of us wear red shirts, you know.
Hilarious reply. And a fair point, too!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
This quote about Kirk has made me pause to consider a very important classic trek costume piece question.

When are we going to get the ripped/tattered Classic Uniform top?

Think about, just about every episode, Kirk manages to get himself all torn up, ripped shirts and everything. So by denying us, you are denying us a key part of the Trek legacy. Think about it. That torn shirt is is more epic then the Klingons and Gorn combined!
I'd like to see Distressed versions of all of the uniforms (including KDF).

Kirk isn't the only one that sported a torn, burned, dusty, thrashed uniform. DS9 characters routinely have a blast hole shot in one of their shoulders and I recall several episodes where Voyager characters had the battle worn look going on. Not to mention all of the phaser blasts Data walked around with and all of the plasma burns Geordi La Forge sported over the years in TNG.


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 AM.