Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Missing Costume Slot
09-07-2010, 03:02 PM
OK, I have two Vice Admiral characters. The first one is a female Andorian tactical officer and the other one is a Male Human Engineer. They have both been members of the same fleet for at least 3 months. When the Andorian tac reached the rank of RA upper half 1, shortly after S2 went live, it apparently unlocked a new uniform slot, giving her 3 uniform slots and 1 casual wear slot. My human eng. however has gone all the way to VA and has not received the new costume slot. He still just has the 2 uniform and 1 casual wear costume slots.

They're both on the same account, and I haven't bought any extra costume slots at all. So my question is why does one of my VA's have 3 uniforms and the other one have only 2?

I've been told that the 3rd uniform slot was supposed to unlock when I joined a fleet, but I don't recall that happening and I'm about 95% sure that the 3rd uniform unlocked on the Andorian at RAUH1. I cant figure out why that would have been the case, but there it is.

I've had a ticket in on this issue for almost a month but the only response I've gotten is a form letter saying thank you for submitting a bug. Well, your welcome, but I was kinda hoping for a more proactive response, and maybe a little resolution here.

Has anyone else had this issue?

D.G.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I have this problem too. I have two characters, One VA with 2 uniform slots and 1 casual. One Captain with 3 uniform slots and 1 casual. Both are in fleets, they were created almost around the same time. Obviously I've played the VA one more but that shouldn't have given it fewer uniform slots. I too have sent a bug report about this and heard nothing back. Missing Uniform slot - #963898
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-09-2010, 02:54 PM
At some point in the past extra Costume slots seem to have been randomly added to some characters.

I have a Klingon that is bugged, as in she cannot change costumes (without a visit to the Tailor), because somewhere along the line she had two "Casual" costume slots added. Mind you I didn't ask for these! I certainly didn't pay for them. I just logged off of this character while she was at the Captains Table station. And now she seems to be PERMANENTLY Bugged. Because Cryptic simply refuses to even recognize there is an Issue!

My advice to you is to Drop It! Forget about it! And go on enjoying the game as much as you can. Cryptic probably doesn't know how this happened. They may not want you other character to have the extra slots. So they may decide to "fix it" by taking those away rather than adding some to your Andorian character. But overall you simply cannot expect ANY response from them... Period!

Cryptic DOES NOT Define "Customer Service" in the same way as the rest of the Universe. And they seem to take great Pride in behaving like the Q Consortium. So trying to get anything other than a canned response is pointless.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannyone View Post
At some point in the past extra Costume slots seem to have been randomly added to some characters.
I have a Klingon that is bugged, as in she cannot change costumes (without a visit to the Tailor), because somewhere along the line she had two "Casual" costume slots added. Mind you I didn't ask for these! I certainly didn't pay for them. I just logged off of this character while she was at the Captains Table station. And now she seems to be PERMANENTLY Bugged. Because Cryptic simply refuses to even recognize there is an Issue!
My advice to you is to Drop It! Forget about it! And go on enjoying the game as much as you can. Cryptic probably doesn't know how this happened. They may not want you other character to have the extra slots. So they may decide to "fix it" by taking those away rather than adding some to your Andorian character. But overall you simply cannot expect ANY response from them... Period!
Cryptic DOES NOT Define "Customer Service" in the same way as the rest of the Universe. And they seem to take great Pride in behaving like the Q Consortium. So trying to get anything other than a canned response is pointless.
feeling edgy??? jeepers neighbor.
I belive it was stated that the extra costume slots had some issues a bit ago, not sure if this is a sytem wide issue. my klin has only 2 slots and 1 casual, is in a fleet, and my feds have 3 slots and 1 casual. let me see if I can find that link where it was discussed. not sure if they have that resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
feeling edgy??? jeepers neighbor.
I belive it was stated that the extra costume slots had some issues a bit ago, not sure if this is a sytem wide issue. my klin has only 2 slots and 1 casual, is in a fleet, and my feds have 3 slots and 1 casual. let me see if I can find that link where it was discussed. not sure if they have that resolved.
*Deep Sigh... Yeah I have reached the point of serious frustration with this issue. I'm having more fun playing on the Klingon side than farming emblems with my Feds. So this character's "problem" just rubs salt in an old wound. I mean it was about 4 months ago that this happened.

But you say your Klingon has a "casual" slot that works? I remember on my Feds that I had a similar issue before I made my Casual Costume. Still I just wish Cryptic would fix it. I don't care about Casual slots personally. I just want to be able to switch uniforms without visiting the Tailor.