Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
This comes up in exploration missions where you have to say, "destroy 5 borg devices left on the planet," and so forth. It's very frustrating to run around and around the map looking for those objectives.

So, I would like to ask, what is the reason for this? My officer has a tricorder...why doesn't it work? Do they really consider that klingon sensors would be that behind-the-times? Is that the storyline explanation? I know Klingons are all about battle, etc, but their technology has always been comparable to the federation.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-07-2010, 05:02 PM
It, for some reason, requires MORE than 6 months worth of effort to fix this.
It is a known bug from beta that Cryptic can't get their head around
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I"m sure if Cryptic knew about it they would fix it rather quickly. I hope they see this message!
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2010, 05:09 PM
THey have made several comments about it a long long time ago.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2010, 05:17 PM
It's only a bug if the Feds can't do it...if the Klingons can't do it it's a "feature"...
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
It's only a bug if the Feds can't do it...if the Klingons can't do it it's a "feature"...
That's not it at all.

It's actually a tech issue which prevents this from happening. The difference being that the tricorder scan is looking for interactions described as "clickable" on the map, and then pointing the way there.

Your objectives however are described as "destructable" and so the tricorder doesn't pick them up.

I know... not really cool.

So, what we have is a tech issue, AND we think that we may have a solution. I'm not making promises about a when, or even guaranteeing it will happen right now. However, I did just put a bee in the ear of about half the STO team, starting with Stahl, and they walked me around, we spoke to various different members of the team, and they are going to look to see if it can be done easily. If not, it will take a while longer to get out to you. However, we are working on it!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
... a long long time ago.
Wrong universe. This is Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre9
Wrong universe. This is Trek.
These are not the "features" you are looking for....
/waves fingers
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
That's not it at all.

It's actually a tech issue which prevents this from happening. The difference being that the tricorder scan is looking for interactions described as "clickable" on the map, and then pointing the way there.

Your objectives however are described as "destructable" and so the tricorder doesn't pick them up.

So, what we have is a tech issue, AND we think that we may have a solution. I'm not making promises about a when, or even guaranteeing it will happen right now. However, I did just put a bee in the ear of about half the STO team, starting with Stahl, and they walked me around, we spoke to various different members of the team, and they are going to look to see if it can be done easily. If not, it will take a while longer to get out to you. However, we are working on it!

Thanks,

Stormshade
In all honesty, knowing what you know now, would it not have been easier NOT to have destructable quests and when you found out this was going to be a problem, just give KDF the Fed quests and say "well, there has to be a klingon who knows how to use a tricorder"?

Also, i bet dollars to donuts (and no, i have no idea what that expression means) that whatever this solution is, is going to create a bigger bug. I am saying this as a computer programmer for 15 years. This solution will be the angel on top of the xmas tree that is going to make it fall down.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
That's not it at all.

Thanks,

Stormshade
can you explain then why the kdf scanner turns blue in the defri sector and works, we know its using the fed tricorder and dosnt show us any things that are collectable just the quest items ? so if there is a techincal issue that i cannot understand as the scanner looks for quest items/points or collectable stuff and if there is no collectable stuff it simply points at the quest point/item only or nothing at all.