Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
09-08-2010, 05:11 AM
I don't believe federation has exploration ground missions with destroyable objectives
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-08-2010, 05:18 AM
well ive done fed 3 times with every mission and every quest and i remember missions that had them like destroy satalites on the ground and destroy ships, and the transwarp minefield where you have to destroy asteroids. but tell you what, cryptic let add ons be made by players and see how fast the playerbase make an add on that does it.

beyond that do what i said before and mark them on the map with a little circle of where they are on the map.
if not make the destructable stuff changed to go scan and your boff pops up after scan and says sir, yes this is one of the things to kill, we need to destroy this. that will be alot less peeing off then running around like a headless chicken trying to find things that dont pop up on ground unless you stand on them or in space where your looking for a black ship in black space that only get a target box when your 2k away.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
im sorry but thats false, feds have missions where they have to blow stuff up and there scanner works.
Exploration Ground Missions? Definitely not.
Exploration Space Missions? Often, but scanners don't point there.

Regular Mission Content?
I haven't memorized every mission, but usually the goal is to interact with an object. I remember one Cardassian-Front mission where there was a bonus goal of destroying certain sensors and they didn't show on my tricorder.
I think in space there are sometimes nav markers. I am not sure if the scanner directs to that direction or not at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-08-2010, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Exploration Ground Missions? Definitely not.
Exploration Space Missions? Often, but scanners don't point there.

Regular Mission Content?
I haven't memorized every mission, but usually the goal is to interact with an object. I remember one Cardassian-Front mission where there was a bonus goal of destroying certain sensors and they didn't show on my tricorder.
I think in space there are sometimes nav markers. I am not sure if the scanner directs to that direction or not at the moment.
read the post above yours.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
well ive done fed 3 times with every mission and every quest and i remember missions that had them like destroy satalites on the ground and destroy ships, and the transwarp minefield where you have to destroy asteroids. but tell you what, cryptic let add ons be made by players and see how fast the playerbase make an add on that does it.

beyond that do what i said before and mark them on the map with a little circle of where they are on the map.
if not make the destructable stuff changed to go scan and your boff pops up after scan and says sir, yes this is one of the things to kill, we need to destroy this. that will be alot less peeing off then running around like a headless chicken trying to find things that dont pop up on ground unless you stand on them or in space where your looking for a black ship in black space that only get a target box when your 2k away.
The feds don't "destroy" satellites.. they "click" on them to "destroy" them. KDF actually SHOOTS them. Destroying items in space and ground are two totally separate systems.

If you saw the feds "destroying" anything it wasn't in a cluster mission which means it was a special instance that shouldn't be grouped in with the cluster mission problem.

Your solution sounds more complex and more code intensive than simply adding destructables to the list of items a tricorder can find. You say the above like adding circles is some easy task when there are.. thousands..? of cluster missions.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-08-2010, 10:07 AM
how does put a little circle on the map or make them seeable on map like mobs sound like more hard work, seriously explain that one to me, they do it in the fluidic space q's.

and how hard would it be to have it so you scan it 1st and then your boff says destroy it. hmm. its not like we have 100's of quests that need redoing,

we have all of about 10 episodes and the explorers are a set of copy paste maps and objectives with random npcs on it.

we dont have aid the planet, very rarly see just scan things on the ground or in space, there nearly always go kill a group, dont need a scanner for that or go kill the ship in space or tribbles on the ground, neither of those show up on map and neither are seable until your ontop.

Edit, ow an like i say, there maybe thousands of cluster missions but there are only 2 mobs that need changing, ships that are set to be destroyed, make them scanable 1st and instead of blowing it up with guns, teleport bombs onto them to destroy them, and tribble piles. thats 2 mobs that are spread across many missions but you only have to rework the mobs not the missions. and also like i said before cluster missions and episodes use the same coding, so why is it transwarp minefield where you have to destroy asteroids before laying the minefiled even though are destrucable are still scanable, maybe someone should look into why that code works and the rest doesnt.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I didn't intend for this to be a bash cryptic thread. I was just looking for a "why?" I'm sure the coding is more complex than we think, and I'm by no means put off by the response. And, like we said, the federation does not have destroyable objectives in exploration missions. It's certainly not a game-breaker by any means. I'm glad they know about this and will try to address it at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-08-2010, 03:26 PM
why is it people keep quoting exploration missions, scanner should work everywhere if you have a quest there, thats the point of a scanner, be it in space or on the ground, underwater or being thrown backwards over a bar drunk, the scanner should work so get of the explorer point. read whats being said as its not being said in a negative way but a constructive critismn.

and point in fact is that the scanner on fed side does work for destructable things ergo transwarp minefiled where you have to kill 5 asteroids and then drop the mines and guard them from the romys till active.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
I should be able to detect life forms on my tricorder. And find those damn tribbles!
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
u know what, screw the tricorders, lets have targs that sniff stuff out on the ground and jave the space stuff show up as an enemy on the map but in blue or something so we can see where it is.