Lt. Commander
I've seen a few posts from Dstahl that they are looking internally at how to give us the same items the Feds get from crafting, either by giving us crafting or through an alternative means. I thought a discussion of some ideas might be in order so the Devs can see where we are coming from and what we would like if possible.

While I have no problems with Klingon crafting or Klingon science in general (they did after all have warp in 930 Earth CE). But I think one more way of making Klingons their own faction is to make our method of acquiring these items distinct.

While I actually do not have any specific ideas (that's a first), there is no thing I refuse to accept. Klingons are not Pakleds, we do not look for things that make us go, we are not thieves either. If we cannot have a system that allows for crafting than please give us something that keeps our honor and traditions in mind.

Now does anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Same way the got the warp drive, right of conquest! Rename "Exploration" missions to "subjugation" or "conquest".
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarbasePrime
Same way the got the warp drive, right of conquest! Rename "Exploration" missions to "subjugation" or "conquest".
Ok, but how do you make that system work without it basically ending up with Klingons as Tech thieves?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Ok, but how do you make that system work without it basically ending up with Klingons as Tech thieves?
whats wrong with kdf being tech thieves, people need to stop calling the kdf klingon, we have nausican and gorn and we are more then happy to nick tech.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
whats wrong with kdf being tech thieves, people need to stop calling the kdf klingon, we have nausican and gorn and we are more then happy to nick tech.
We do have Nausiccans, Gorn and Letheans and Orions, but the only one of these groups that gives missions, grants access to items and currency is the KDF. All of these species go to the Chancellor for promotions and are promoted in front of the High Council. Thieves are not tolerated in Klingon culture, be that Klingon thieves or any other species.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Thieves are not tolerated in Klingon culture, be that Klingon thieves or any other species.
Agreed!

There's a big difference between taking what you want and stealing. In "Stealing", the original owner doesn't know who the thief was - it's a cowardly act with no honor! Klingons do not hide in the shadows.

Taking is your right by conquest. If they cannot defend it, they have no right to it.

I'm by no means an expert, but It is also in canon. Klingons didn't develop warp drive on their own. They were uplifted by another race and bred as "fighters" to control their empire. Eventually, the Klingons rebelled and killed their masters. It's where the Klingon saying "We killed out gods" comes from.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Agreed!

There's a big difference between taking what you want and stealing. In "Stealing", the original owner doesn't know who the thief was - it's a cowardly act with no honor! Klingons do not hide in the shadows.

Taking is your right by conquest. If they cannot defend it, they have no right to it.

I'm by no means an expert, but It is also in canon. Klingons didn't develop warp drive on their own. They were uplifted by another race and bred as "fighters" to control their empire. Eventually, the Klingons rebelled and killed their masters. It's where the Klingon saying "We killed out gods" comes from.
I hadn't heard that about Klingons taking warp from others, but regardless the question I'm asking I think still stands. How can we make a system where "the right of conquest" doesn't dissolve into theft? Not saying it cannot happen just that I'm not sure how to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
I don't think any of that is canon. I've never seen an episode state that. Or read in the encyclopedia or memory alpha any of that. Please cite your source?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-08-2010, 11:37 AM
well sorry i dont want to be the negative one BUT DO YOU REALLY THINK they will give us something like that any time soon !! . come on they cant even give us the refit ships on time.
Like the ships for the end of august that dstahl said we would get i call BS on this happening anytime b4 season em 10 or 20 .

Shall we start a betting pool ?
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBzMadDog View Post
well sorry i dont want to be the negative one BUT DO YOU REALLY THINK they will give us something like that any time soon !! . come on they cant even give us the refit ships on time.
Like the ships for the end of august that dstahl said we would get i call BS on this happening anytime b4 season em 10 or 20 .

Shall we start a betting pool ?
Look I can sit around and cry about what I don't have as a Klingon or I can try and engage in constructive discussions about things that Devs have already mentioned. You don't have to join me, but I certainly know which one makes me feel more like a Klingon.

Edit: That sounds harsher than I intended... I just mean that at this point I can't be bothered to worry about what they do or don't give me or when it comes. I'd rather take what they say and try to make an impression on them. Dstahl has mentioned (I think even in this last Ask Cryptic) that they are trying to get Klingon the same crafted items some how.