Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
09-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Well bud Iit seems we just aint gonna agree on this. Maybe I am in a minority here, and I am willing to accept that.

I completely disagree about faction neutral content being a bandaid and I completely disagree that WoW doesn't use it. For my sins I am a reformed WoW player and so far as I knew the game there was a lot of wandering about colelcting spider legs from spiders with considerably less than 8 legs it seems. I presume is what you define as 'faction specific content'. This was the the filler toget you on o the important stuff. The mind numbing grind of repeating the same end game content for a year, and the oppotunity to collect zombie juices or similar to improve your standing with the mojo men. It wasn't faction specific and it wasn't interesting either. Better still several months after you had become thoroughly bored to tears with this conten Blizzard gives you the opportunity to pay an extra wodge of cash for an expansion which is essentially the same except the monsters are now yellow instead of red and you need yellow instead of red equipment to fight them.

No, WoW didn;t get it right because of their content delivery. They got it right for a few very simple reasons. At least to my mind.

1: You can play it on a claculator/ZX81 or Vic20
2: It is very easy to understand at the beginnning and very easy to succeed initially
3: It has had great marketing and everyone knows a friend who plays

Good luck with Star Wars, my experience of the last attempt was hardly laudible. WHo knows, maybe the world has learned and the released a game will be finished and moreover, wont get irretreiveably boned completely by the devs.

Why did I buy STO? Well two reasons. I am a massive trekkie and on some level I just love to feel I am part of it. Secondly, I am a huge fan of City of Heroes. I don;t actually like supers games overly much but I saw in that engine somerthing different to other MMOs, and I knew the company had an excellent track record of delivering new content in the direction the player base wanted.

I believe in the future of this game, if for know other reason than I just want it to be good so very much. Like so many I waited for this game for a very long time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
09-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryhausen
Wow, teralkaar, you are a prime example of how personal attacks on players by other players if they critique Cryptic is allowed to go on unreported and unmodded.

You guys may disagree with the OPs views, but he did not directly, or personally attack ANY of you. He critiques Cryptic, a COMPANY. He only made GENERALIZED comment about certain player attitudes. NOT about certain players! Maybe his choice of words tended toward the emotional, but he was refering to his custtomer/company relationship. He has every right to do that as a paying customer.

I do not, and will not, ever understand why some of you must belittle and attack anyone that has anything negative to say about a BUSINESS. I do not, and will never understand why the mods allow it to go on all over these boards.
Ok so how do you call a guy like popa that buy a game spending 49 $ for the box + 248$ for the life time abonement. And tht since the release of STO does nothing than say how much he dislike Cryptic and STO ?

If you read the overall messages sent by Popa in this forum. it's always a negative way with never a single concrete propositon. This attitude i don't find it mature and at the level of an educated man of around 60 years old like he pretend to be.

The words i used are decent in my opinion Popa deserves worst qualifiers.

You see the difference betwin you and me Harryhausen is that before trying to comment about someone i try to see what is the overall opinion and attitude of this someone. Wich isn't your case Harryhausen.

And i'm sorry the words i used where polite if they weren't i would have been moderated like anyone.

You can note too that Popa starts a conversation to not reply to it. What is the meaning of exposing an opinion and not debating on it ? You think because it's Popa that cryptic will suddently listen to his remarks ?

I recommand to you to read the kind of remarks that Popa does Like in the " Turn rate and Inertia" topic.

Harryhausen the truth is Popa is disgusted to have spent so much monney in a game he doesn't like so he started a personal vendetta against Cryptic. Nothing in STO and nothing that can do Cryptic is enought for him.

Harryhausen finally you attack my remarks about popa's attitud but there is no comment from you about my comments of what Popa said...

Last point if you The.Restless.Kaiser and Harryhausen dislike this game so much why do you pay for it ?

I mean i don't understand you attitud .. . Look i don't like Final Fantasy XIV I don't play it that's simple you see...

I find STO a game with alot more content and alot more fun than many others. You all claim to have played zillions MMORPG and have encyclopedical knowledge overall this topics. But the raw ground truth is that you play this Game every day and you pay this game every month.

Sure alot of things are not polished but you have to be fair and notice too alot of work is put in this game by Cryptic who could have just release their games and let it be like many many other studios does with their never evolving MMMORPG.

Crytic try nw things like Featured Episodes. Which have never been seen in any MMORPG.

That's not because you played 10 MMORPG F2P that you can talk about quality of a MMORPG the standard you experienced is already critically low. 99% of MMo's are heroic fantasy oriented. And they all more or less are the same ... Can you serriously compare those games with STO?


Now my recommandation for you for Popa and for any other guy saying "i dislike this game" is to comme every time they notice something they don't like to think about it serriously then comme with real solutions and proposals. This doesn't means you are right on every suggestion you do this doesn't means that Cryptic will listen to you anyway. Do you think Ford listen to his customers when he does a new car?
No ford propose a new car see if it sells or not if it does this new model is enhanced polished raffined. If it doesn't sell the car model/design is dropped the faster possible to not make the cost of this model of car worst than it is already... That how the world goes guys you can whine and cry all you want this is reallity!!!

If cryptic and STO didn't closed so far that's because you guys spend your monney in it. This doesn't give you the right, i think, to insult cryptic and spread a negative opinion on every aspect of this game.

So to be short we understoud you disliked it so why you don't go pay to a game you like ?

Or is it that the only thing interresting you is flamming and insulting others and never being nothing more than a Troll (sorry troll isn't an insult that' the commonly accepted qualifier for people having an irresonated negative attitude about everything just in the goal to start fights on forums ) ?

One thing i learnt from the Featured Episodes is that every saturday from 11 AM PDT to 15 PM PDT orellius server was constantly full with more than 500 people ( an episdoes doesn't takes 4 horus to fullfill so having so much people constantly means more than 500 people participated). There is alot of clients of STO and i don't see them vadalizing this forum. Only a very very few amount of people are doing this but as the other ones prefer playing to the game than fighting on a forum with those vandals then the vandals apears to be a large number. But what represents 50 vandals from a 10 000 + people community ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
09-28-2010, 08:06 AM
double post
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
09-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Hey Teralkaar, much as I would gladly defend your right to post your views after paying so much I would ratehr you didn't misrepresent what I had said. I never claimed I didn't like the game, in fact quite the reverse. I was trying, obviously unsuccessfully, to defend it.

It has bugs, problems and inbalances, but then so has every gaem I have ever played. At least with an MMO what you get for your subscription is gradual improvements. With other forms of game is you get a game that if it aint fixed 3 months after release, it never will be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
09-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
Yes, well wishes to Rod's wonderful talent and the legacy he left us with - he is rolling in his grave because his concepts and the name brand value of Star Trek went down the tubes due solely to Cryptic.
Star Trek isn't anymore what Roddenberry wanted since DS9 came out. Two words: Dominion War. That has absolutely nothing to do with Cryptic. So if you want to argue with anyone about his vision start there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
If Cryptic didn't have such an enormous ego, instead of blocking posts and blacklisting or threatening members, Cryptic should enjoy the help that knowledgeable Trekkie have freely offered - we all want a game that is fun to play but almost everyone I know is VERY unhappy with STO. Nowadays, instead of raising an eyebrow, getting excited, or asking a bunch of question like what's it like? --- no one seems interested now. It is so sad that Interest (and name brand value) in Star Trek has clearly been damaged.
Funny, I never got an infraction for criticizing Cryptic. This forum has rules. If you are insulting others you get punished, so maybe you should learn to be polite. And if almost everyone you know is VERY unhappy with STO you maybe should get to know more people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
Wouldn't it be far better if such a large number of Trekkie were not so dissatisfied with STO?,,, (so many are dissatisfied because STO is not anything like any other previous edition of Star trek games) and (if posts are actually read, you will find that every true code hacker and programmer out there insists that STO is nothing more than a mod of City of Heroes and needs a more robust engine and cleaner code.) Being a retired engineer and competent programmer, I tend to agree with that assessment. I could be wrong - they could be wrong, too. We have reasons to simply believe otherwise. This is all a shame because you did such a fine job with character creation.
Hm, do you know Star Trek Voyager Elite Force? Or Starfleet Academy? I'm wondering on what game you are basing your claims. And yes, you could be wrong. Sharing an engine doesn't make something a mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
BUT, if correct, Cryptic MUST change their ways with STO. In point, we really would like for STO to be successful, for us as well as for Cryptic (we don't really give a lick for Cryptic because they have poorly treated so many of their customers) If STO is not fixed --- It is unlikely that anyone will ever risk giving Cryptic another contract.- you cannot make much money with STO when it is being discounted for a measly $29.00 dollars, even seen STO discounted to 10 ten bucks. I paid a lot more.
Who the heck is this "we" you're talking about? And box sales for an MMO are nothing. They could give it away for free, the real money comes with monthly fees and C-Store purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
You probably will block this post, and I do not know why. The intent of this post is to freely tell you how so many Trekkie believe it is.
Where are those many Trekkies? Claiming to speak for a silent majority is never a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
I'm sure that some will disagree. However, other customers should be able do as they will with it - comment about the game is GOOD. Blocking conversation about the game, is BAD.
Do you mean you are hiding some constructive criticism in your post? Because only that would be "GOOD". Ranting how horrible the game is and how many others think like you do is "BAD".

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
Face facts and fix the game, If you don't fix it, your game developing days will go down the tube in a major way. You should realize that. And if not fixed, it is now and will be further and forever boycotted by dissatisfied, angry customers that put faith in Cryptic to fix STO properly. On the other hand, if you fix it, you will receive oodles of good comment, maybe even earn an Industry award from peers --- if you fix it.
Don't fix something that isn't broken. The game is good the way it is. It was brought out a bit early so they had to add some flesh to the bones but that's what they are doing since launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
Moreover, you realize that there has not been a single game developer out there yet that hasn't relied on customers to point out the little things that too often would otherwise be overlooked - those are the little details that make or break a game. Good game developers value and encourage their customers feedback. They are intelligent enough to want good customer relationships. Cryptic blocks customer feedback as though no one will notice.
Cryptic doesn't block "constructive" feedback. But nobody needs "OMG YOU GAME IZ THE SUCKS"-threads. We have a test server and Cryptic reacts to feedback, be it on mission design, game mechanics or on bugs. Some things are fixed faster than others, but they do get fixed in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
YOU,,,, YOU disrespect your customers. You are not developing good relationships with your customers. We are trying to form a community that generates huge profit for you, and huge fun for us --- AND YOU ARE STILL DELETING YOUR Customer's POSTS and blacklisting them, and without a sound rational
The only thing (wrong???) about the posts is that they probably complained about the game giving them problems (from the horses mouth), but that is not a reason to remove/block posts i.e., if posts are not favorable to Cryptic, Cryptic should find out why a customer has complained, instead of blocking the member's post. .
Funny, I never got a post deleted even though I complained about things in the game. In fact I got four times a dev response promising that it would be fixed, what they did most of the time extremely fast. Again, it's about "how" you complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
But Cryptic knows that. STO is not fun and not what you told us it would be, AND certainly not what we expected.
I have a lot of fun with STO, and I couldn't care less what you (again who's that "we") expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
You have made a game that still exists today, only because it is named Star Trek, otherwise by any other name it would have been tossed in the deep discount box for a buck or two. It's like Star Trek has died. Your concept is simply NOT Star Trek. You should realize that.
It is as much Star Trek as DS9, Voyager, Enterprise and anything else that came after Roddenberry and as close as a multiplayer computer game can come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
I think CBS is going to be pretty disappointed and/or angry when they figure out the truth.
CBS has approved every single thing you see in STO. Just like the mod comment it shows how much you know about the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
Deleting posts that are trying to help chase down issues, is absolutely the wrong thing to do to customers. It is really sad that Cryptic has decided to take the approach of just deleting the posts THEY don't like, claiming the post was flaming or trolling. This is not ethical and I think Cryptic Studios as well as CBS, should know about the conduct involving misrepresentations of the nature of the deleted posts. I have come to know a lot of Trekkie and they tell me how they feel - I know how I fell - I just wish someone responsible would address these matters. I think the persons that read the posts must not be telling their superiors (an executive) about misrepresentations or deleted/removed/blocked posts.
Again, when has Cryptic deleted posts that were "trying to help"? And I don't know what Trekkies you know, but I'm most certainly not one of them.

[quote=popa]If you think I am wrong, please tell me what is wrong instead of blocking the post saying is it "trolling" or that it is "Flaming"/QUOTE]

Wrong is, that there is not a single constructive point in your post. You claim STO is not Star Trek, but you are unable to describe what about it isn't Star Trek. You claim that Cryptic deletes all posts criticizing the game which is an outright lie. You show that you have absolutely no idea how the game is made still you act as if you were an expert in game design and Star Trek. You invoke the name of a dead man to reinforce your position against Cryptic while his vision pretty much died when the Defiant decloaked in front of Deep Space 9, years before there was even any hint of a Star Trek MMO.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:30 PM.