Lt. Commander
# 1 how boring
09-07-2010, 10:16 PM
my god that trial was just plain boring. slow, plodding space flight. unimaginative ground game. no chance i will buy this, even at the $15 discounted rate (which would give me a free month, basically paying for itself). i mean, how can you guys handle it? must be because of lifetime subs. i can't see any other reason to stay with this "game".

so far, the only game that cryptic made that i can handle is city of, and i think that was because they sold it.
maybe that should be the deal, they create possibly great games, screw them up, and then sell it to somebody who can really handle the job.

oh well, it was worth a try i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Why the **** would you feel it neccessary to share this with the rest of us? There is a lot of us who really enjoy the game, and feel the monthly sub is well worth it. If you have not played the game, and to not intend to play it, I can't figure out why you felt this was important information to us??

Maybe it's just not your thing, or the kind of game you want to play. If so, then just stay away. If everyone NOT playing this game was to make a post about it in the forum there would be room for nothing else :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytrialacct
my god that trial was just plain boring. slow, plodding space flight. unimaginative ground game. no chance i will buy this, even at the $15 discounted rate (which would give me a free month, basically paying for itself). i mean, how can you guys handle it? must be because of lifetime subs. i can't see any other reason to stay with this "game".

so far, the only game that cryptic made that i can handle is city of, and i think that was because they sold it.
maybe that should be the deal, they create possibly great games, screw them up, and then sell it to somebody who can really handle the job.

oh well, it was worth a try i guess.
I agree that the first 10 levels can be boring and repetitive. It might not be saying much, but they have actually improved from when the game first came out and OB before that, as you can spice it up a little more with diplomacy missions. The game opens up much more after reaching lvl 11 IMO, but unfortunately, most trials may not make it that far.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Why the **** would you feel it neccessary to share this with the rest of us? There is a lot of us who really enjoy the game, and feel the monthly sub is well worth it. If you have not played the game, and to not intend to play it, I can't figure out why you felt this was important information to us??

Maybe it's just not your thing, or the kind of game you want to play. If so, then just stay away. If everyone NOT playing this game was to make a post about it in the forum there would be room for nothing else :p
wow. am i not supposed to say that? sorry if i upset you. oh wait, no i'm not.

i tried the game and it sucked. if i can help somebody by posting that, i did a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
I agree that the first 10 levels can be boring and repetitive. It might not be saying much, but they have actually improved from when the game first came out and OB before that, as you can spice it up a little more with diplomacy missions. The game opens up much more after reaching lvl 11 IMO, but unfortunately, most trials may not make it that far.
could be. if that is the case, they need a longer trial version. like i said, i won't be buying it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
could be. if that is the case, they need a longer trial version. like i said, i won't be buying it.
Yea unfortunatly most of us that play here fit the higher income level bracket so we can afford to throw away money. Actually the reason most play this is because they are Star Trek fans, and the game itself offers something (close to it anyway) that fits into the lore of what had us with the shows.

So again stated it may not be your cup of tea. So tell me....what is? And a better question...why would you post here at all if this game was something you weren't going to pursue? After all if feedback is your excuse, you'll find actual professional feedback through the many game sites that torpedo'd this game in their magazine or web site. Surely their opinion of the game would be more impartial in this form of venue. Not the forum site.

Unless your just mad you downloaded a huge file for the trial only to find it wasn't along the lines you expected. Either way different strokes for different folks. Even this community has negative feedback for the Devs on the game itself. But we choose to play, thus the devs are open to our ideas to make the game better.

You do not choose to play, so......why are you here?

" The word boring is generally a word for people that lack creativity"
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Quote:
dstahl, a social developer here on the STO forums, let us know recently that they will be upgrading the trial client to cover more content. If you're in doubt, you could wait for that and reconsider.

Until then, take our word for it that the game is, indeed, pretty damn awesome. Though it was kind of unnecessary to just go on the forums here and bash the trial.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-08-2010, 02:26 AM
When I started playing the beta and did the space battle I thought: wow, this is exactly how space battle of large ships should be like. So I can't share your opinion. Some aspects of the game, especially when playing the first time, are just great.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-08-2010, 03:33 AM
I agree, the trial is putrid. It doesn't show the game as it should.
However, during the trial you are in the WORST type of ship, you have 1 bridge officer, your captain has not spent any skill points or gotten any good gear. You get 1 skill during the second half I believe.

That's why we can stay with it. We have incredible ships, Bridge officers with some great skills, good gear, skills to use on the ground, some of the best stories I've seen in an MMO (up there with LotRO in many cases).
What you saw was up to level 5 or 6 in WoW, LotRO, etc. Assuming the game stays as basic as the first tiny part is your mistake to make.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-08-2010, 03:48 AM
Have fun, and be careful... The door might hit you.

You played the tutorial, and now you belive you're THE expert on the game and what it has to offer?
That's just plain redicilous.

I Bought my lifetime sup after having played through all the accessable content in Open Beta. Why? Because the game is fun.
It has become even more fun after I joined a fleet, but since you've left (luckily leaving your spot open for someone who perhaps has an open mind) you will never know about that.

How can you even belive you know what the game has to offer...?
Closed Thread