Lt. Commander
# 11
09-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytrialacct
my god that trial was just plain boring. slow, plodding space flight. unimaginative ground game. no chance i will buy this, even at the $15 discounted rate (which would give me a free month, basically paying for itself). i mean, how can you guys handle it? must be because of lifetime subs. i can't see any other reason to stay with this "game".

so far, the only game that cryptic made that i can handle is city of, and i think that was because they sold it.
maybe that should be the deal, they create possibly great games, screw them up, and then sell it to somebody who can really handle the job.

oh well, it was worth a try i guess.
First off...I am sorry you feel that way.

Second...Coming here with totally negative comments with no real constructive criticism....gets people in a very defensive posture. All ready to lash back.

Yes...The game can be repetitive, can be boring at times. It is not for everyone. I for one...Love it. I scrounged up the cash to pay for a lifer account...and I've been unemployed since April.

If you've been working alone a lot, that could also account for the boring part....This game is more fun with people. And I know there are a LOT of people out there...

But alas, if the trial didn't grab you...there's no convincing you otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytrialacct View Post
i tried the game and it sucked. if i can help somebody by posting that, i did a good thing.
I tried your thread and it sucks... if I can help... oh wait, you don't truly care about helping anyone anyway, who are we kidding here?

And just for the record, City of Heroes/Villains was Cryptics' brainchild flagship game from 2004 to 2007, across 11 issues. Paragon Studio only stepped in after both Heroes and Villains, including many other features were introduced, so no, Cryptic's sale of CoH/V to NCSoft didn't improve or worsen CoH/V. Get your facts straight, especially if you're looking to insult people. :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-08-2010, 09:54 AM
OMG I wasted my money!!!!!! OMG how do I show my face in public again!!! :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
I agree that the first 10 levels can be boring and repetitive. It might not be saying much, but they have actually improved from when the game first came out and OB before that, as you can spice it up a little more with diplomacy missions. The game opens up much more after reaching lvl 11 IMO, but unfortunately, most trials may not make it that far.
I wish that after you hit VA in the game that any new characters you create would start at Ensign. I don't see why we have to go through the training missions every time. But I digress.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Lame Game
09-08-2010, 10:05 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-08-2010, 10:06 AM
My God, people...

A bear wanders in here, and you feed it all kinds of tasty treats, and you pet and stroke it, and you try to explain to the bear how it shouldn't come in here expecting food and attention?? Seriously??

Don't Feed The Bears, people!!
Don't Feed The Frakking Bears!!
Not even if you think you're doing them a favor by explaining some minutia.
Don't Feed Those Frakking Bears!!

It's a bear. You know it's a bear. It acts like a bear. It smells like a bear. It wants you to feed it. If you feed it, it wins. Feeding the bear directly rewards it for coming here. Why do I have to explain this to you all??

Don't. Feed. The. Bears.

Whiskey Echo!!
Mythgraven
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-08-2010, 10:22 AM
I enjoy the game soley because it's star trek. I am a lifetime subscriber so a lot of stuff doesnt bother me. However my buddy did try the trial, and from what I've seen it does indeed 'suck'

So everyone else taking offense, just taking it as constructive criticism so the issue can be fixed.

Cheers
Tal
IKS Azetbur
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Purple Monkey Dishwasher.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythgraven View Post
My God, people...

A bear wanders in here, and you feed it all kinds of tasty treats, and you pet and stroke it, and you try to explain to the bear how it shouldn't come in here expecting food and attention?? Seriously??

Don't Feed The Bears, people!!
Don't Feed The Frakking Bears!!
Not even if you think you're doing them a favor by explaining some minutia.
Don't Feed Those Frakking Bears!!

It's a bear. You know it's a bear. It acts like a bear. It smells like a bear. It wants you to feed it. If you feed it, it wins. Feeding the bear directly rewards it for coming here. Why do I have to explain this to you all??

Don't. Feed. The. Bears.

Whiskey Echo!!
Mythgraven
this is gold!
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkillusion
This game is just....how can I say it so I dont hurt the feeling of the people who made this game.....to hell with it this game just sucks @$$. NO CONTENT, does not gime me the feel of playing a mmo it feels like im playing a single person game. C-Store WTF I got to pay for sh%t what ever happened to making a quest or two to get those items. Seems like Cryptic is just trying to milk the cash cow for all its worth. To the people who like this game, more power to you i`ve been playing for 6 months (paid for a 1 year sub) and all I get to do is the same old things (kill X amount of ships/ground forces, scan x amount of BS rocks or plants and four STF missions that you play with 4 other people. Again WTF I play MMO`s because I enjoy doing things with many other people not just 4. HELLO KITTY ONLINE > STO
Haha, obvious troll is obvious. And a little misguided in life.
Closed Thread