Lt. Commander
I have both Klingon and Gorn BOs for my Fed character. They both get a physical damage bonus that I like to take advantage of by equipping them with bat'leths on certain missions. The problem I have is that sometimes they will not attack my target, no matter how many times I order them to. They simply sit there and do nothing. They only have this problem when I equip them with bat'leths. If I swap out to beam weapons, they attack like normal.

Also are there any other melee weapons besides bat'leths? The Klingons also had d'k taghs, mek'leths, and tajtiqs. I haven't seen any of these in game. Any plans to add them? Also what about the Jem'Hadar kar'takins? I've been waiting for one those to drop since the first time I fought Jem'Hadar.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-08-2010, 11:01 AM
They seem to have to be very close before they attack. I got around the problem by giving my Klingon the Lunge power.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I've done that as well for my Klingon officer. He's tactical and uses both the lunge and leg sweep powers. But he still has the problem on occasion. My Gorn officer has the problem more frequently since he is a science officer and there are no melee based powers that I can activate to snap him out of it, so to speak.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-08-2010, 11:42 AM
The problem actually seems to be the boffs are set to 'ranged' or 'melee' ai when they first enter a map. If you give a boff a batleth BEFORE beaming down he will attack in melee. Be warned, though, the boffs arnt very good at melee since they don't combo.

You should also be sure to have a science boff with the Hypospray - Dylovene skill, it's essential for doing melee.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Good point about the map AI. That could be the issue. The last time I ran into the problem I had just swapped weapons in between confrontations on a map.

Once they do fight, my BOs do pretty well. My Klingon officer can keep Elite Tactical drones busy all by himself. My Gorn tends to get himself almost killed a lot, I guess due to getting too much aggro.