Lt. Commander
OK. Being a modman at heart and after working on mods for other titles and two MMOs I decided to try my hand with STO. So I want to replace the ship dedication plaque with one for my ship specifically. I found a good extractor but have yet to find something to work on the modified .dds files in the .wtex format. Consequently, I'm making this post. I'm not a real programmer but I know enough to be dangerous!

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the extracted game files during play and more importantly has anyone been able to replace graphic files locally without a game crash and if so can someone enlighten me?

I'm also considering doing a sound scheme for Win7 using the audio files but first I want to do this small thing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-08-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't think you'll be able to start up the game if you start replacing files, or it will at least complain if it ever does a full verify.

I don't know how to open .hogg files. I've thought about it myself because I'm very interested in modeling and texturing and would have loved to take a look at one of the ship models, I never dug deeper though, "mods" for a running MMO also have a lot of potential for abuse.

Anyways, if you change that texture on your ships plaque that same plaque will appear on every other ship you visit as well, you only trade one inacuracy for another...
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Please note that we don't support the modding of STO, and posting details on how to modify our data files for any purpose is against the forum TOS.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Closed Thread