Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
User generated content? I haven't seen anything on Cryptic including this feature. Where can I learn more please?
We know not really much more that it is on the list of things actively developed by the Cryptic Team (not just Startrek Online. It will be a major feature for Neverwinter Online). I think Season 3 will also contain or coincide with the release of a Beta of the UGC system. So end of this year. (November/December?)
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'm still curiuos if the UGC missions can be faction-locked? I personally do not wish to share KDF content with the feds whom said we are not worthy of attention.
I hope so, my content is aimed specifically to the Klingons...it would be problematic if they found out the subject of these episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
I'm still curiuos if the UGC missions can be faction-locked? I personally do not wish to share KDF content with the feds whom said we are not worthy of attention.
I was wondering this too. It would make sense since both factions have pretty different priorites.
Lt. Commander
UGC sounds great, but how many folks out there really know their Star Trek? How will it be moderated? It could backfire horrendously, with players coming up with things and "stories" that have absolutely no bearing on the cannon. FASA was shot down during the 80's for doing this with much of their material.

I for one would like to see things that are part of the story. The idea that Romulus no longer exists already gauls me.

PvE already consists of a number of "make-it-up-as-we-go-along" factions, ships and storylines. Lets not forget the fact that I am in BOP, a romuluan alien (like that would ever happen), killing tribbles, with giant blow-fishes floating pass, makes me wonder what the hell is going to appear on the horizon when its some 12 year old emu writing the script!
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
UGC sounds great, but how many folks out there really know their Star Trek? How will it be moderated? It could backfire horrendously, with players coming up with things and "stories" that have absolutely no bearing on the cannon. FASA was shot down during the 80's for doing this with much of their material.
Yeah, I'm curious about that myself. If Cryptic learned anything from CoH:Mission Architect, I hope they'll have a procedure whereby missions aren't "official" and don't yield full rewards until they've been vetted by in-house content people.
Lt. Commander
# 16 You trekkie!
09-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
Yeah, I'm curious about that myself. If Cryptic learned anything from CoH:Mission Architect, I hope they'll have a procedure whereby missions aren't "official" and don't yield full rewards until they've been vetted by in-house content people.
[ * raises bloodwine, and grunts!! ] You make me so happy - finally someone that speaks my language!
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Working on some more mini and full eopisode chains.

Im curious to know if I'll be able to create missions with non-combat objectives so the story can progress with out the need to kill something. Can we trigger NPC behaviour to perform certain things, or will they just by wandering NPCs on set patrol paths waiting to aggro a player?

What I really want is the means of creating cinematic sequences within the game's play model. Create dialouge sequences, have a warp transit sequence(ship with stasrs streaking by)...and both at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
I have 6 main episodes...they could be blended into 3 or 4 episodes with sub-parts. Plus there is room for at least 3 more "filler" episodes or sub-parts to mix things up and draw the player away from the main story arc temporarily.

Im already contemplating several other mini-episodes to provide additional context to the Klingon experience.
You may do a great job at making missions, don't take this the wrong way:

I greatly fear User Generated Content. All I have to do is look at mods that are made for games (particularly games with IPs that have strong followings like Star Trek and Star Wars) to see my fears validated. It seems that well more than 80% of the stuff made is horrible. Not just bad...HORRIBLE...

I hope your content is good. I fear the bulk of content generated by the community will be very, very, bad, and will diminish the little positive that can still be said about STO.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon

I greatly fear User Generated Content. All I have to do is look at mods that are made for games (particularly games with IPs that have strong followings like Star Trek and Star Wars) to see my fears validated. It seems that well more than 80% of the stuff made is horrible. Not just bad...HORRIBLE...

I hope your content is good. I fear the bulk of content generated by the community will be very, very, bad, and will diminish the little positive that can still be said about STO.
My goal is to provide stories that are immersive and consistent. My goal is to insure all my content is spun inside a worl dof consistency and cohesion...so nothing will be willy-nilly.

What I really need is the ability to mod NPCs...ship customization, hull/material color, specials/attacks, specs/statd, hull HP and weapon damage(general and specific), etc, etc

EDIT:
I hope we'll be able to create triggers to cause specific attacks...at least the initial attacks. Its importatnt in order to set up the scenerio properly.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon

HAHAA! Too true. If P-Sutherland made adventures, the goals would be:

1) Beam to Surface
2) Get killed by the Undine.
3) Respawn, apologize to Undine for not being Undine
4) Get killed again by the Undine.

I must admit I would like a few Terran Empire missions (against them, not as them), or even the possibility of temporal adventures. I am interested in WW3 or the Eugenics Wars time periods. Really episodic or two-part tales. I doubt i could make mine as boomin' as the weeklies, but it's possible.