Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
In that case: Not gonna happen.

Cryptic basically has to run pretty much all designs for STO through CBS, so your idea is not a possiblilty.
I wouldn't say that. It is possible that CBS would actually like this idea. It's just not something the current concept of ship-building "considers". There might be a lot of practical limitations due to that. But has it been actually asked for?

"Hey, Cryptic, how about you pick some Nacelles and allow us to use them on all ships?"
"Hey, Cryptic, how about a few new deflector dishes with the red-blue eyes and the sovereign orange?"

Maybe this is something we should actually talk about and push. I certainly would like that! And CBS might not actually oppose to that. We can already give the Galaxy-Class a different nacelle then "canon"...
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Another issue is that by 2409 that design aesthetic would be around 100 years old. It seems that most of the Cryptic ship designs are a progression from the later TNG movie style, like the Akira and Sovereign, with darker metals, sharper angles, etc. I admit that I prefer ships with smoother lines and softer angles but it seems that the prevailing design aesthetic is leaning toward spiky, angular and more "aggressive" looks.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-11-2010, 09:22 PM
I would tend to agree with you here. I admit though i do like some of cryptics new designs for ships. And I like the nebula class to
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
okay vulcan. i am only going to say this once. all TNG and DS9 ships except for the ambassador are in the game
http://stromsdb.com/index.php?p=1_8_...Trek-Resources

Not to nitpick, but the Constellation class (U.S.S. Stargazer) isn't in-game yet.