Lt. Commander
# 21
09-09-2010, 01:52 PM
The set looks nice

By the way, is there any chance we could have the boots, belt and arm accessories made usable on regular uniforms?
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-09-2010, 01:52 PM
They look cool. I'm not at home, so can't see, and the screen shot only shows 1ea Male/Female forms. Are there different versions for or it just the one uniform for each? And if only one, why the same price as the 20th Century Formals? There were some variety in there on those...

So these can't be used with the costume slots I purchased from the C-Store?
Quote:
Service: Two Additional Costume Slots
(400 Cryptic Points)
This one is for the fashionistas! If you want to flaunt your style without having to run to the tailor all the time, purchase additional costume slots! Note: Purchase of this option adds two (2) costume slots to all characters on an account. Both Federation and Klingon characters may use this option.
Source
It's doesn't say anything in the description that they are limited to Uniforms or Off-Duty or either/neither one type or the other. If they are limited, I want a refund on some of the slots I purchased specifically this last weekend knowing the Merc Costumes were coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu118282 View Post
Will buy during the next c-store sale!
You mean the next next sale. Don't you know that one each sale, the last most recently released item isn't included.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-09-2010, 01:54 PM
i like the pics of them...but i am not certain if i am willing to buy them simply becuase we cant mix and match them with our "duty" outfits.

at least give us a free off duty slot with the purchase of them if they are to be for that use only...
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
They look cool. I'm not at home, so can't see, and the screen shot only shows 1ea Male/Female forms. Are there different versions for or it just the one uniform for each? And if only one, why the same price as the 20th Century Formals? There were some variety in there on those...

So these can't be used with the costume slots I purchased from the C-Store?It's doesn't say anything in the description that they are limited to Uniforms or Off-Duty or either/neither one type or the other. If they are limited, I want a refund on some of the slots I purchased specifically this last weekend knowing the Merc Costumes were coming.

You mean the next next sale. Don't you know that one each sale, the last most recently released item isn't included.
most people who have purchased slots have stated it is for duty slots and not off duty...at least that is what i have read so far.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-09-2010, 02:01 PM
These look nice but I think grenades for treasure hunting on Risa is overkill. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 26 T.f.f.c
09-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
The Off-Duty Mercenary Costume Pack is now available in the C-Store. Visit the store for more details.

Link to the news article.
Yes - just what we need more Federation-only items "Ek kan did regteg nie verstan nie!"
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
These look nice but I think grenades for treasure hunting on Risa is overkill. LOL
well, maybe its buried treasure...lol
and i see no shovel on the outfit....
Lt. Commander
# 28 P.S
09-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Doesn't even look like Star Trek ...
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-09-2010, 02:23 PM
First off, why are Feddies getting MERCENARY outfits? Since when did Starfleet officers become soldiers of fortune? Secondly, who asked for them? I know I didn't, nor will I purchase them. Still, it's more customization options for players.

Quote:
Note: This costume pack is for the off-duty costume slot. Mercenary wear may be mixed with other off-duty options. Purchase of this option unlocks these costumes for every Federation character on an account.
Why only off-duty uniforms? Shouldn't they be considered as duty outfits? And where's the Klingon love? It makes more sense to have a militaristic and aggressive faction have this type of clothing. And how come these outfits can be mixed-and-matched with other off-duty pieces but the formal wear can't?

And why the C-Store? Why not as in-game unlockables? When ARE we going to see C-Store items unlockable in the game as promised?
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPaladin
Incorrect. What they have said is that some team members are paid for by C-Store revenue (i.e. they could not afford those team members without the C-Store.)

Back before the game was released, the plan was to have a separate team, but the economics of that have obviously not panned out. CpnLogan's work on the Comet and Nebula as well as the Galaxy and Sovereign make it plain that developers work on both sides of the fence.
The team that manages the C-Store and Website are a different team (and department) than the STO Development team. - dstahl

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...37#post2804437