Lt. Commander
# 51
09-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I remember that screen shot... You mean to say the eye patch didn't make it into the final product? WTF? I was looking forward to that (had a great RP story on how the eye was lost, too)

Also, are there any other customizations? For example, can I wear the sweater and vest only, without the arm braces or chest bandolere. Is the belt optional or a required part of the pants?

Damn, it's too bad these are "Off Duty" - I would love to add at least the belt, and probably the bandolere to my regular Starfleet uniform.
I was looking forward to being a space pirate. *smacked*

And yes, the belts, arm braces and such are completely optional. Here's a screenshot of the options. You can also wear some other off-duty uniforms with the belt, braces, etc.

Female Examples
Male Options plus.. weird example
It should be noted that you cannot wear formal and Mercenary together. Also, females currently do not have glove options for some reason. Probably a glitch.
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Also, are there any other customizations? For example, can I wear the sweater and vest only, without the arm braces or chest bandoleer. Is the belt optional or a required part of the pants?
You can select 'Mercenary' for Jacket, Pants, and Boots independently.

Belts and Bandoleers (incl arms) are separate choices. (With 4 options on each)

Edit: I really should have refreshed, to see the post above me...
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Great! I love these, but ... How do I "Treasure hunt on Risa, hunt down lost Vulcan artifacts, or explore the Fire Caves of Bajor?" Outside Story Missions you can't do this? Am I missing something here?
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-09-2010, 05:35 PM
People do realise that Starfleet officers on many occasions do dress up as civilians and mercenaries when going undercover to other planets and space stations right?

Even if it has no game function its still nice for the RP'ers to have.
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Sonaos and Naevius, thank you both so much for the replies (each with different details and/or pictures) -- Thank you both! That exactly the info I was looking for.

Again, I really wish all the more that these belts, braces, etc. could be worn on my Starfleet uni.

Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Great! I love these, but ... How do I "Treasure hunt on Risa, hunt down lost Vulcan artifacts, or explore the Fire Caves of Bajor?" Outside Story Missions you can't do this? Am I missing something here?
I think those people were just having fun at the whole Soldier of Fortune- Indiana Jones- Laua Croftiness- of the Mercenary clothing.
Lt. Commander
# 56 Waste of time!
09-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I love the costume aspects of StarTrek online. There has been many fine costume additions before now (previously I've had great praise for the costume aspects).

I would never pay for these costume parts (at least not based on what can be seen from the screenshots anyway).

Firstly, they have absolutely NO "StarTrekness" about them (to my thinking).
Secondly, they look "dated" like current era outfits.
Thirdly, they don't have any "fashion" value (which might have mitigated the above two complaints).
Lastly, everything show should be a reflection of the armor or equipment the player is wearing. Ammo braces are not cosmetic by any stretch of the imagination. In what StarTrek movie does an operative carry arround a battery pack for his phaser?

Very disapointing and my vote for the single worst addition to the C-Store and the game .

Give us some choices of footware for our formal costumes. Give us more mix and match garments. Give us somthing else worth paying for.
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Great work guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godwin
Could we please get more off-duty costume slots then? As of now, even when you buy additional costume slots, you still only have 1 in which you can choose off-duty ones. it makes all the additional off-duty costumes a bit silly. I hope we can get to set a costume slot as either off-duty or not soon, especially those of us who bought the extra slots (expecting just that).

Signed,
Allura Sclava
/signed

Addendum:

It would also be nice to be able to dress your BOffs in Off Duty clothing. I mean, sure I can dress up like a Merc, but if the rest of my crew is in uniform it kind of ruins the effect, you know?

Lt. Commander
# 58
09-09-2010, 06:56 PM
These outfits certainly look nice, but ... yeah, off-duty? I don't think so.

Make them usable with duty uniforms and BOs, and preferrably Klingons as well, and I'll buy them with pleasure! Until then I just don't see how I could use them, given my sense of realism.

One thing that makes me curious is the "rumor"(?) that they are not available to BOs because of the alien race option? I don't see how that could prevent the outfits from working, given that alien species, when you exclude the additional head options, use the same range of body sliders as any other race. Especially since player characters can be of the alien species as well, but then they work? Just a bit puzzled. Maybe someone knows the answer to this.

Oh well, here's hoping that the powers that be consider some of the requests voiced in this thread. In general, I do see good use for them, but not for shore leave.

PS: Just something for the sceptics to consider - the set name "mercenary" may not sound very starfleet'ish, but the UFP does occasionally use this sort of "black ops" clothing, too:(from the TNG episode "Chain of Command")

As for myself, I'm more interested in the individual parts than the entire set. I think I'd be able to use some of the options nicely on my existing crew uniforms. Belts and pouches for my security officers? Sounds good. New boots? Let's try them! That being said, I'm actually more interested in this for my BOs than for my own Fed character. Except when I'm switching to the "mirror" variant.
Lt. Commander
# 59
09-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godwin
Could we please get more off-duty costume slots then? As of now, even when you buy additional costume slots, you still only have 1 in which you can choose off-duty ones. it makes all the additional off-duty costumes a bit silly. I hope we can get to set a costume slot as either off-duty or not soon, especially those of us who bought the extra slots (expecting just that).

Signed,
Allura Sclava
in total agreement
Lt. Commander
# 60
09-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Very nice... but needs to either be uniform or we need more than one 'off duty' costume slot.