Lt. Commander
# 61 Hmmm, thread hijack :P
09-09-2010, 07:16 PM
This thread seems to have gone way off topic.

So Merc Uniforms then... terrible as they are.
Lt. Commander
# 62
09-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godwin
Could we please get more off-duty costume slots then? As of now, even when you buy additional costume slots, you still only have 1 in which you can choose off-duty ones. it makes all the additional off-duty costumes a bit silly. I hope we can get to set a costume slot as either off-duty or not soon, especially those of us who bought the extra slots (expecting just that).

Signed,
Allura Sclava
Signed, still not fixed, you'd think they'd want me to buy them and maybe an extra set of clothing slots to use it, but apparently they don't want my money *shrug*
Lt. Commander
# 63
09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godwin
Could we please get more off-duty costume slots then? As of now, even when you buy additional costume slots, you still only have 1 in which you can choose off-duty ones. it makes all the additional off-duty costumes a bit silly. I hope we can get to set a costume slot as either off-duty or not soon, especially those of us who bought the extra slots (expecting just that).
/signed.

I knew the Merc costumes were coming, and I'm a week away from my Veteran Reward, so getting another jacket there.... Over the Labor Day sale I bought like 4 more sets of costume slots. (What can I say? I'm a costume nut, and I like variety, mix'n'match, different colors, etc.) And now I just bought the Merc ware, get to the tailor and realize... I have to give up my 20th Century Formalwear if I want to have a Merc costume. What the?!? And since the added slots I purchsed don't do "Off Duty" (and they do not specify in the slot services screen that they are just for "On Duty"), I can't even have multiple versions/colors of the Merc.

Geez Cryptic. You guys really don't think things through there, do you?!?

And because I'm not creating a new uniform, but editing an old one (my pre-existing 20-cen suit), the tailor wants to charge me Energy Credits. Talk about insult to injury.

You must make the C-Store Purchased Slots optional for On or Off Duty Clothes.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
You must make the C-Store Purchased Slots optional for On or Off Duty Clothes.
People, read the other threads! They fixed that issue already (refering to the off-duty, on-duty) to repeat everyone else whos said this you create a new costume as a uniform (forced) then you go back and customise it to an off-duty (free selection of either uniform of off duty). Only annoyance is you have to "pay" for the second customisations with EC and you can't mix elements freely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
/signed.
I just bought the Merc ware, get to the tailor and realize... I have to give up my 20th Century Formalwear if I want to have a Merc costume. What the?!?
I am scandalised to read the Merc Costume is replacing the Formal Wear! Surely this can't be right either ! O_o. Do you mean you just can't "combine" the two in a single costume or do you mean the character that was previously wearing "Formal Wear" suddenly turns into a "Merc" wear guy following purchase.

That would be totally unacceptable and crap! I'll never know because I hate the Merc wear with a passion but I don't want to lose my formal wear when the next costume comes along.
Lt. Commander
# 65
09-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i believe the issue according to dstahl is a technical one. they are having some problems with the alien bo's if it was on duty for both factions it would be available for the bridge officers and that would cause the technical hiccup.

he did say they would look at ways to try and fix that, so i have hope that at some point Klingon and bridge officers will get them.
Personally I don't buy the whole Alien BO issue. What about Alien Captains? They're no different than Alien BOs as far as I've seen, they can have all the same proportions and crazy shapes and sizes as any Alien Bridge Officer yet if you're a Federation Alien captain you can wear the stuff no problem, right?
Lt. Commander
# 66
09-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyDude
I am scandalised to read the Merc Costume is replacing the Formal Wear! Surely this can't be right either ! O_o. Do you mean you just can't "combine" the two in a single costume or do you mean the character that was previously wearing "Formal Wear" suddenly turns into a "Merc" wear guy following purchase.

That would be totally unacceptable and crap! I'll never know because I hate the Merc wear with a passion but I don't want to lose my formal wear when the next costume comes along.
I believe he means since he has only 1 off-duty costume slot, he will have to replace his current formal wear setup to use the mercenary set.
Lt. Commander
Hey guys! These uniforms are sweet. My character now looks like Sam Fisher/Jack Bauer! Thanks cryptic. I now kill stuff in a uniform that looks the part...not that I disliked killing countless borg/undine in my federation ambassador uniform (yeah crooked politician). However I few requests.

1. Make it possible to put our fleet patch on our new merc costumes.
2. Maybe let us add rank/combadge to it as well.
3. Rambo headbands.....yeah you know dstahl probably wears one every day to work....jk don't ban me!
4. But seriously.......headbands.

Yeah we need more costumes like this!
Lt. Commander
# 68
09-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
People, read the other threads! They fixed that issue already (refering to the off-duty, on-duty) to repeat everyone else whos said this you create a new costume as a uniform (forced) then you go back and customise it to an off-duty (free selection of either uniform of off duty). Only annoyance is you have to "pay" for the second customisations with EC and you can't mix elements freely.
That doesn't always work, 2 of my characters do not have that option, only one does. I have a bug report open, a ticket that was closed and turned into a bug report, a reply to one of dstahls posts and they still don't want my money.

Edit: I take that back, they've managed to break ALL of my characters now.

http://www.crimsonspot.com/sto/nooffduty01.jpg
http://www.crimsonspot.com/sto/nooffduty02.jpg
http://www.crimsonspot.com/sto/nooffduty03.jpg

Note, if I try to edit the one called "Dress" which is the formal wear it now defaults to Starfleet - A - 01
Lt. Commander
# 69
09-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
People, read the other threads! They fixed that issue already (refering to the off-duty, on-duty) to repeat everyone else whos said this you create a new costume as a uniform (forced) then you go back and customise it to an off-duty (free selection of either uniform of off duty). Only annoyance is you have to "pay" for the second customisations with EC and you can't mix elements freely...
I always read the Dev posts thanks to the Tracker and I sign/subscrib to many other threads (and read/reply to those regularlly). I do try to read as many threads as I can, but there are simply too many. I had heard about this trick, but heard it was inconsistant, so forgot about it.

I just tried it and... IT WORKED! Thank you DoggyDude. I appreciate the assistance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonaos View Post
Quote:

I believe he means since he has only 1 off-duty costume slot, he will have to replace his current formal wear setup to use the mercenary set.
What she said. (But nevermind, thanks to your work around.)

As a side, Sonaos, it was a pleasure running into you in game, and making a Friend. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 70
09-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
The team that manages the C-Store and Website are a different team (and department) than the STO Development team. - dstahl

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...37#post2804437
Manage, maybe. Produce content for?

CpnLogan has worked on both sub and C-Store content. He has made posts up and down the boards about things he is doing on both sides. Having one person that does both is antithetical to the concept of the teams being "separate."

The PR lines just don't fit the evidence.