Lt. Commander
# 71
09-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
As a side, Sonaos, it was a pleasure running into you in game, and making a Friend. Thank you.
You're quite welcome, same here.
Lt. Commander
# 72
09-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X
Its like they went to a Rob Liefield convention.
haha My thoughts exactly.
More pouches! More grenades! More grenades with pouches on them!
Lt. Commander
# 73
09-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Make it a duty uniform for me and my BO and I will buy
Lt. Commander
# 74
09-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Not sure if Cryptic will read this or not, but looking back at it I regret buying these clothes for the simple fact that we only have 1 off duty costume slot and I prefer the 21st century clothes a lot more.

I wanted to use this costume for my MACO BO but naturally BO's aren't allowed to use off duty costumes, so basically I wasted 280 points on an option I can't use...

I hope they'll allow us to buy more off duty slots soon, I can use them (currently I have 14 normal clothing slots and 1 off duty slot, making it 15 in total).
Lt. Commander
# 75
09-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleglas View Post
'MACO' anyone?

All I need to make a MACO is a MACO rifle now; with toggle-able sniper scope!
Actually, I think MACOs are being investigated as a separate set when the Enterprise uniforms hit.
Lt. Commander
# 76
09-10-2010, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyDude
Only annoyance is you have to "pay" for the second customisations with EC and you can't mix elements freely.

Which means it is NOT *another* off-duty slot at all, just sort of half way between off-duty and uniform in that oh so familiar half arsed Cryptic way of "a good idea appallingly implemented"... a bit like the entire Klingon faction in fact come to think of it

EDIT: and BTW, there appears to be no way to force 'off duty' to any additional slots on the Klingon side in order to get more 'mixability' as technically there are no 'off-duty' outfits for them.
Lt. Commander
# 77
09-10-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
These outfits certainly look nice, but ... yeah, off-duty? I don't think so.

Make them usable with duty uniforms and BOs, and preferrably Klingons as well, and I'll buy them with pleasure! Until then I just don't see how I could use them, given my sense of realism.

One thing that makes me curious is the "rumor"(?) that they are not available to BOs because of the alien race option? I don't see how that could prevent the outfits from working, given that alien species, when you exclude the additional head options, use the same range of body sliders as any other race. Especially since player characters can be of the alien species as well, but then they work? Just a bit puzzled. Maybe someone knows the answer to this.
For some reason there is a difference between player characters and non-player characters in the way they can be outfitted. Don't ask me why. It is definitely wrong that it is a problem with the aliens, though.

I don't know if they are actively working on fixing this wholesale. (It might be problematic regarding backwards compatilbity - imagine suddenly all your Bos would look different because of such a change).

What I remember is dstahl saying there is a new build (a release planned around November, I think)in the works that will also include Gorn customization options. So if they fix these issues (or at least some of them), I wouldn't expect it before November.
Lt. Commander
# 78
09-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
... have games of touch football in the hallways of your ship interiors (because we already know they're big enough to fit an authentic 21st century american football mini-game in your hallway).
I thought that was just Klingon Carrier Bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 79
09-10-2010, 06:36 AM
It is a nice option to have, but we need more off duty costume slots...
Lt. Commander
# 80
09-10-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
When ARE we going to see C-Store items unlockable in the game as promised?
Umm...Excelsior and all the retro fit ships are available and unlockable in game and so will the Nebula be.