Klingons making excuses. Y'all remind me of Galron
Lt. Commander
# 72
09-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekvar
Hehe that's funny

In a superficial way some people see the Klingons use of gun and run and cloaks as contrary to the Klingon honor system. We simply wanted to add cultural depth to support the behaviors.
Lt. Commander
# 73
09-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I found your examples of Western and Eastern soldier attributes interesting. It was "just" the human perspective, but let's face it - Klingons are made up by humans and thus also use "human ideals" - just not neccessarily the ones that are currently en vogue, or a combination that actually existed. But "honor" exist longer in human languages then "Klingon".
True you did much better at staying in character, that's why I said I should have waited.
Lt. Commander
# 74
09-16-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekvar
Well, the Klingons have had a few generations to refine their honor system. Evolution demands that it actually leads to succesful warfare.
Lt. Commander
# 75
09-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
There are also these sayings (not exact quotes, it has been a while and my google-typing fingers are lazy today)
Losing a battle to save an Empire is no dishonor.
There is no honor in losing an Empire to win a battle.
Only a fool fights in a burning house.

A Klingon will flee (or "retreat") if there is nothing to be won anymore by him staying.
A Klingon fleeing to save only his own skin, leaving his allies to die is dishonorable. But fleeing because your destruction is inevitable and will possibly hasten the demise of your allies or lead to defeat is acceptable.

A Klingon will gladly fight to the death if that's the only way to halt the advancing army. But he will also run from them if he is the only one to warn his allies from the advancing army.
Nope sorry your wrong and yall can make up what ya want doesnt matter to me, hey i love the klingons but no respectable Klingon would ever run and hide in battle it would compleatly discrace him and his family also the greatest honor for any Klingon it to die in Battle, that has been stated by every klingon and every star trek episode and moivie , But you all missed my point which is it's smart play but not very klingon , but hey every one is free to there thoughts on the matter
Lt. Commander
# 76
09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
Nope sorry your wrong and yall can make up what ya want
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Klingon_proverbs
(Please don't believe those quotes. watch the episodes and check yourself. You won't regret it. )
Lt. Commander
# 77
09-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
Nope sorry your wrong and yall can make up what ya want doesnt matter to me, hey i love the klingons but no respectable Klingon would ever run and hide in battle it would compleatly discrace him and his family also the greatest honor for any Klingon it to die in Battle, that has been stated by every klingon and every star trek episode and moivie , But you all missed my point which is it's smart play but not very klingon , but hey every one is free to there thoughts on the matter
I think this about covers it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2v6rXs5J9M

I remember as a child asking my dad why that happened on a TV show. His response was always the same, "Because that's how it is in the script."