Lt. Commander
# 11
09-10-2010, 05:35 PM
what i dont understand, theres been times ive called for support, got nothing (i assume its cuz i get healed so quickly) but then theres others where i get a ship (even a gal x once) was being shot at by someone within range of them but the support ship does nothing then goes away (has happened with photonic fleet too)
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
I really have no personal problems with them - because I run away. All too often, however, my teammates get tunnel vision and assume they *must* kill it or the universe will implode.

I'm one of the few fans of fleet support and NPC ships in PvP. I think it's fine but a dreadnought is a HUGE leap from a battleship. One of those dreadnoughts could take out a fleet of those battleships and end the fight at 100%.
When the "rage" is upon me I find it hard to break-off and flee sometimes. My therapists says its a control issue stemming from maternal neglect. I alpha'd him from the laydown sofa thingy onceand the new guy says I should work on my ocd.

and I'm not allowed to leave the couch

across the room

its a work in progress issue, K?
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-10-2010, 10:36 PM
The Fleet Support Dreadnaught is an awesomely random spawn. Only because it truelly is THAT RARE. Your lucky if you see just 1 in a single arena battle. The Moment I see one, if I'm in a Pug, I'll usually Run away if it's not mine. I know better then to try to fight with that thing.

But it is a cool extra bit of support that can show up. Don't want to deal with it, or hate it, then run away from the fighting till it despawns?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-11-2010, 08:09 AM
scramble the bugger? Or does it have ridiculous resists to confuse and placates?
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-11-2010, 10:36 AM
I think its fun, it brings a bit of chaos and randomness to PVP. Adapt and overcome.

That said, PVE dreadnoughts are too powerful in my opinion. Their torpedo strikes are absurd, doing twice the damage a player can do with an individual torpedo with a HY3 strike. Tone down the damage so they are a nuisance, not the death star. This has no place in PVE or PVP and they should be adjusted accordingly for both arenas.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
I think its fun, it brings a bit of chaos and randomness to PVP. Adapt and overcome.

That said, PVE dreadnoughts are too powerful in my opinion. Their torpedo strikes are absurd, doing twice the damage a player can do with an individual torpedo with a HY3 strike. Tone down the damage so they are a nuisance, not the death star. This has no place in PVE or PVP and they should be adjusted accordingly for both arenas.
Yep you can run away from the nuisance pretty easily...except if you get one-shot.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
scramble the bugger? Or does it have ridiculous resists to confuse and placates?
Good question. Does JS and SS work on these things?
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
When the "rage" is upon me I find it hard to break-off and flee sometimes. My therapists says its a control issue stemming from maternal neglect. I alpha'd him from the laydown sofa thingy onceand the new guy says I should work on my ocd.

and I'm not allowed to leave the couch

across the room

its a work in progress issue, K?
Thanks Roach, i just spewed beer all over my monitor.
Seriously though, stay on your meds.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Thanks Roach, i just spewed beer all over my monitor.
Seriously though, stay on your meds.
LOL-If I had a credit for everytime I've heard that phrase....
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-14-2010, 12:18 AM
I recall seeing once on the forum of someone commenting on this and said it was more PvE than PvP, and I have to agree. I had a match last night that I swore I saw more NPCs than PCs.

As a tactic, its very smart because your making it hard for you to target your opponents and for those with bad systems, to lag and become vulnerable.

But I'll be honest, I really hope Cryptic disables this ability during PvP or revert it to the old Fleet Support, which was a rare chance at something aiding you.