Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP Dailies
09-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey,

can someone pls explain me how the PVP Queue system works... ?

I remember the beginning of STO, when i got my first daily mission on federation side. It was impossible to get them done because of LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG queue waiting times... that was also a reason why i created my klingon character... on klingon side you queued in and you could directly start. Now i've created a new character on federation side and haven't done PVP (arena) for some time. I see nothing has changed... i have only the arena-daily atm... yeah!

I'm now queued in for about OVER 3 hours and all i do in STO is click away my inactivity all 10 minutes and check if i'm still queued.

So why does it take that LONG to play ONE arena match???

- Are there no players playing?
- Is only one arena map running and thousands wants to play?
- Does it depend on internet connection?

I'm really ****ed off cause i hate waiting... and especially wating for HOURS.

And anothers question... is there any system when which daily is given to me? If i would have another daily i would ignore this arena crap, but it's my only one atm.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Are you sure your in the queue? I never have to wait more then 4-5 min for a match to pop if its the daily.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakken
Are you sure your in the queue? I never have to wait more then 4-5 min for a match to pop if its the daily.
I am sure... i'm definetly queued in... (Status: "You are waiting for this queue to start") 4-5 minutes that's a dream!!! I have and had always to wait that long time, but only on federation side. On klingon side it's always fast.

edit: I logged out and in again, just for testing again how long it takes. Also average waiting time says about 40 minutes... (but it always takes longer)
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-10-2010, 03:03 PM
What level of pvp are you trying to do?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
What level of pvp are you trying to do?
Tier 5 (Rear Admiral Upper Half)
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Hmmm. That could be why. There may not be many people trying to pvp in that range. Get to VA1 and your wait times will be sub 10 min.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Hmmm. That could be why. There may not be many people trying to pvp in that range. Get to VA1 and your wait times will be sub 10 min.
Hmm, but i need marks of honor which i can only get in that Tier! And i've checked some people at Battle Fleet Omega for example. There are many who aren't VA1. I can not believe that noone in T5 (RA) is doing the dailies.

And on what does it depend which daily is given to me? I like the Ker'rat daily for example. It can be done fast... but sometimes i get it, sometimes not...
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Its whatever the server gives you
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Its whatever the server gives you
Hm, okay, thx. I've dropped that crap daily now, but i'm still queued in, just for testing. By the way: I'm waiting now for 44 minutes again since i logged out and in. But i'm seeing changing numbers in the coloumn "Participants"... there are people playing!

I have the feeling the queue is ignoring me for some reason...

Now i have to wait till tomorrow to get a new daily and i really hope for Ker'rat or someting that can be done without having vacations for that!

Still ****ed off!!!

Lt. Commander
# 10
09-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Make sure you are looking at the queues and choose one that actually have players in. If players are up to date with there dailies then the one assign that day will be the busiest. So if that day it Arena but you are off the schedule and have Capture and Hold it will take you longer to get into a match.

There are not as many Klingon's now so finding a queues with them is not easy. So Fed queues are your better choice.