Lt. Commander
# 1 What to do..
03-04-2011, 07:25 PM
I just got Lieutenant Commander and purchased a Nova class starship. I was wondering where I could purchase weapon and technology upgrades for my ship. I've had so many of the items you get from the anomalies and I've just had to recycle them because I have no idea what to do with them. I read you can craft or something but I just want to improve my ship. Is my best bet to just keep doing missions or is there something I can do now?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryason View Post
I just got Lieutenant Commander and purchased a Nova class starship. I was wondering where I could purchase weapon and technology upgrades for my ship. I've had so many of the items you get from the anomalies and I've just had to recycle them because I have no idea what to do with them. I read you can craft or something but I just want to improve my ship. Is my best bet to just keep doing missions or is there something I can do now?

Thanks.
Hey you shouldn't really have recycled your anomalies (I did this then spent 6 hours in exploration clusters gathering data samples. Also the craftable delta flyer is due to hit in a couple of weeks) as you can get some top end weapons from crafting. (It is really easy) On the other hand you could always try the exchange for items but most of the time they are overpriced. I found when I was leveling up that completing pve missions and exploration missions was an easy way to get items as some of the npc drops can be pretty could. If you need anymore info on anything just post here!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2011, 03:55 AM
what chaddy said.

either
craft
or
exchange
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Where exactly do I craft or exchange? I need to get ground weapons too. I wish we had some type of armory so you could see the kind of weapons I'm using. How do I know when something in my inventory is an anomaly?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2011, 08:10 AM
anomalys are those things:
http://www.stowiki.org/Data_Samples

You can craft them at Memory alpha which is located in the top left corner of the Alpha Centauri sector block, which itself is just north of Earth Space Dock.

You can exchange at the Exchange consoles which are basically on every space station, e.g. Earth Space Dock, memory alpha, K-7, DS9, that Sierra thing etc....
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryason View Post
Where exactly do I craft or exchange? I need to get ground weapons too. I wish we had some type of armory so you could see the kind of weapons I'm using. How do I know when something in my inventory is an anomaly?
For crafting use this sto crafting guide.

The exchange is located near the bank of every station. This is where players can sell their items and other players can purchase them. Its all done through the consoles.

This sto item list can also be helpful for you when needing to purchase items.

If you need to find the location of NPCs within a station, or find a specific location use these sto interactive maps.

To be honest, you don't really need to purchase anything for your ship. You get a lot of good items from the loot drops on missions and from mission rewards. The best time to buy new items is when you have reached the tier 5 ships (the rank Rear Admiral and up).
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Easiest and cheapest way for me when I started (crafting virtually non-existent, creds were sparse) was to equip your old equip to the new ship, but only if it's better than what the stock ship has. Then do explore missions for badges. Turning in those badges gave some decent ship equipment.