Lt. Commander
# 11
09-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Watching Feds trying to learn how to breathe vacuum is it's own reward...
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmBora View Post
Talking about REAL Conquests of Planets, Systems, Sectors and with that mabye a Bonus for me and my Fraction (Federation or Klingons at the momnent).
I believe THIS is what you're really looking for.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
If they put a simple system like that into this game it would be awesome. So, yep.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-11-2010, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
i like the 2210ad version better. you get nukes!
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-11-2010, 05:26 AM
I don't experience PvP as boring, and thus, it's not useless to me. It is a fun, exciting past-time. Teamwork, coordination, adaptation to the enemy, all that is pretty fun to me.

There is no long-term consequence for all of this, that is true. That is something they could and should work on in the long-term, but I like PvP well enough...
Lt. Commander
# 16 For you maybe ;)
09-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmBora View Post
Sorr, but I don't see the point of doing PvP. It has no influience whatsoever on the game itself. Talking about REAL Conquests of Planets, Systems, Sectors and with that mabye a Bonus for me and my Fraction (Federation or Klingons at the momnent). So it's Just anotherway to "level" the char.
So if you are in a good team you win and if not you loose,... repetative as the Missions against the NPCs
Not bored here.

I was playing FED the other day in a PUG. Lost, in part, due to the fact it was a 3v4. But the the score was 14 to 15.

One of the best times ever playing in this game that I have ever had.

I'm a casual player, been playing since OB and have one Char @ RA1
PvP fits right in with my time avalible for the game. Now that the Q's have improved I can get 2-3 games in and then call it good.
My Klingon side Commander pretty much only does the new PvE weekly now and then it is PvP for the rest of my (limited) time in the game.

But to each his own and I do see what you are saying about more a "stratigic" reason for the fight. That would be great. I would give it a try.

But I am here mostly for the firing of the disrupters, the launching of the Quantum Torpedos and watching the FED's go BOOM.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-11-2010, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
It doesnt matter what kind of meta game they might strap onto pvp, it will never be meaningful. It's a game. The fun is in the doing.
Maybe so, but the sense of working towards a shared goal beyond the current match, regardless of how "virtual" that goal is, can add to the fun.
Lt. Commander
# 18 I agree
09-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Being forced to pug pvp is tedious as a majority do not know how to play.....

I am still a firm believer that pvp should have its own rewards that are usable for pvp only.....forcing us to do emblems for gear and grouping with some folks makes it unbearable....espcially the 35 minute matches with all cruiser and I am the only science vessel.

And to those who say it is fun and teamwork etc...yeah perhaps in premade groups but when you pug....bleh
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-12-2010, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
Being forced to pug pvp is tedious as a majority do not know how to play.....

I am still a firm believer that pvp should have its own rewards that are usable for pvp only.....forcing us to do emblems for gear and grouping with some folks makes it unbearable....espcially the 35 minute matches with all cruiser and I am the only science vessel.

And to those who say it is fun and teamwork etc...yeah perhaps in premade groups but when you pug....bleh
I seen plenty of good team work in PUGs, but also bad teamwork.

Bad team I no longer care and just play to end the game one way or the other. good team I do my top best to win.

my biggest problem is that C&H can take forever to finish.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-12-2010, 06:03 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja