Lt. Commander
So it's getting more and more funny with our so called GMs. As a matter of fact the GMs only answer to Tickets, they are not helping active in the game, like in the other well known MMORPGs

(IF GMs are really existibng in this game. It is still the theory, thta it is nothing more as a search engine, which is scanning the players mail for keywords and then sending a proper prewritten answeer back to the user,.. so maybe they exsist, maybe not! ;-)

anyway,... in the answer of my last ticket, i red, that they considered me to ask other players for a solution. Well. there are no GMs in a directsupport and now they start to telling me, I should find solutions by asking other players,... sorry, but this so called "GM-Support" is getting more and more redicolous!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmBora View Post
So it's getting more and more funny with our so called GMs. As a matter of fact the GMs only answer to Tickets, they are not helping active in the game, like in the other well known MMORPGs

(IF GMs are really existibng in this game. It is still the theory, thta it is nothing more as a search engine, which is scanning the players mail for keywords and then sending a proper prewritten answeer back to the user,.. so maybe they exsist, maybe not! ;-)

anyway,... in the answer of my last ticket, i red, that they considered me to ask other players for a solution. Well. there are no GMs in a directsupport and now they start to telling me, I should find solutions by asking other players,... sorry, but this so called "GM-Support" is getting more and more redicolous!
tell us what the problem was and maybe someone can answer it like they said...ya never know.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
tell us what the problem was and maybe someone can answer it like they said...ya never know.

I believe you doth miss the point, sir. A GM paid for their work should never, ever, refer a player to another player for advice. Whether the other players know the answer or not.

"I don't feel like putting that fire out. Ask your neighbor to help you douse the flames."

Whiskey Echo!!
Mythgraven
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythgraven View Post
I believe you doth miss the point, sir. A GM paid for their work should never, ever, refer a player to another player for advice. Whether the other players know the answer or not.

"I don't feel like putting that fire out. Ask your neighbor to help you douse the flames."

Whiskey Echo!!
Mythgraven
Well, that would depend on the question and the GM policies.

If it was a question like "Where is Sulu?" then I could see that being somewhat silly and feel that the finite amount of time a GM has at any moment is better spent elsewhere.

If, on the other hand it was a question like "I am stuck in this asteroid and /stuck, and logging out for 15 minutes did not help, can you unstick me please?" would be productive use of the finite amount of time a GM has at any moment, and the GM would definately be wrong to direct you to a player for help.

So, what was the question you needed answerd by a GM?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-14-2010, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Well, that would depend on the question and the GM policies.

If it was a question like "Where is Sulu?" then I could see that being somewhat silly and feel that the finite amount of time a GM has at any moment is better spent elsewhere.

If, on the other hand it was a question like "I am stuck in this asteroid and /stuck, and logging out for 15 minutes did not help, can you unstick me please?" would be productive use of the finite amount of time a GM has at any moment, and the GM would definately be wrong to direct you to a player for help.

So, what was the question you needed answerd by a GM?
yep, thats the point the other guy doth miss.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-14-2010, 06:02 AM
Almost ANY question about ANY mission can be found online. You can even find what the rewards are, who you're supposed to talk to, and where to find whatever it is you need to know. Heck, I have even read complete walk-throughs for specific missions online. ie: the section 31 mission because I was confused and couldnt figure out WHO the Undine was supposed to be. (yes, I know... right? But I honestly didnt know).:p:p

...so...
I have 3 simple solutions for ya:

(1) use the "search" feature on the forum here.
(2) Star Trek Online Wiki (stowiki.com)
(3) google it.

...but as previous people have said, if it truly was an ingame related issue (such as being stuck)... then they should have been more helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara

Exactly.

Sadly I've seen people on the forums flatly admit that they're trying to use the GM function as a hints and tips line .

So yeah, the question matters and in a lot of circumstances the GMs SHOULD be directing people to ask the community.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythgraven View Post

Whiskey Echo!!
Mythgraven
Without knowing what he asked the GM, the GM could be correct by saying go read the forum or ask the other player. They are not there to be your personal search engine and answer question that should have being asked where they should aka, the FORUM.

If he feel that the GM wrongly answered him why did he forgot to say what he asked to the GM. Any since the GM told him to ask around, why not post what needed an GM to answer here?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Actually I have run into an issue with GM support. I was stuck in a mission and couldn't get it to finish. I can't remember the mission name but I had to find the romulan captain then talk to her. I found the romulan captain and it marked that as finished then I talked to her. She answered my questions then beamed out but the mission didn't complete nor did it update. I waited around for 10 minutes hoping the quest would finish then I ran around the now empty base for 5 or 10 minutes hoping I missed something. I didn't miss anything so I sent a ticket to a GM for help. No GM showed up, no reply back after 10 minutes so I sent another ticket and got no response. I asked my fleet how long it usually took for a GM to respond. Their response was 1 minute to never. It was a long mission so I really didn't want to start it over. After about 30 minutes I got fed up and restarted quest. I wasn't happy at all about it. This is the first game I've played that there is no GM support.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-18-2010, 03:35 AM
So I am guessing OP is not going to share his/her ultra important and pressing question which had to be answered by a GM...

Oh well.

Therefore I am just going to assume it was closer to a "Where is Sulu?" type of question.. Rather than a "Can you unstick me?" type one and the GM was correct in directing OP to a player.