Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
09-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Awesome Avatar btw...
Thanks!

I'm hoping to make it a true, in-game reality at some point (preferably soon)
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-11-2010, 02:18 AM
Quote:
It may be that Starfleet (a military organization) and the Federation (a political organization) have an internal conflict of interest when it comes to the Deferi and the Breen. Especially with the Klingons (who are at war with the Federation) taking such an interest in honoring their friendship to the Deferi.

I'm curious to see how this internal debate will unfold myself
i do like your little hints. at this moment sto has not reached that level of complexity, and whilst this might just be a form of RP where we add our own spin on the story at hand for our own personal amusement, id like to see more of this come through in the actually missions and dialogue. perhaps the more missions you unlock the more the tricky political situation becomes apparent.

Politics in star trek has always fascinated me, and one of the reasons i really liked ds9. it would be cool to see the relationships between the different races change over time in game rather than stay the same or underdeveloped.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Cold Comfort Debuts Saturday Sept 11 at 11am PDT

New Daily Mission!
This week also introduces a new daily mission from Ambassador Surah - "Rescue Deferi Captives" which can, depending on your faction, be completed differently. Federation players have a chance to earn Federation Diplomacy XP for completing this mission. Be warned, this mission can be failed and cannot be immediately retaken if you fail! So think it through and read your objectives.
Yeehaw! This makes it far more exciting. Play runs high.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoblin256 View Post
Thanks!

I'm hoping to make it a true, in-game reality at some point (preferably soon)
Sure seems to me like the rewards are building towards either your avatar or a tierless, scaling (but okay) Breen ship.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-11-2010, 05:06 AM
[quote=dstahl;3023931]It may be that Starfleet (a military organization) and the Federation (a political organization) have an internal conflict of interest when it comes to the Deferi and the Breen. Especially with the Klingons (who are at war with the Federation) taking such an interest in honoring their friendship to the Deferi.
[quote]

This is an interesting thought. You have to think about the relationships and culture of the klingons. Look at the politicals structure of the world in the late 1970's and how that translated into the TOS realm. The corelations between real world events and how they were included in the series is incredible. Federation was the ideal 'America,' Klingons were in the Cold War as the 'USSR.' After that we can debate the other various races. Look at what has happened in the past 30 years and how that has translated in the Star Trek relationships. I like the fact the Cryptic keeps that ideal of a reforming political world and not making the game cookie-cutter.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-11-2010, 06:07 AM
counting down! weeeeeeeeeee!
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Very nice content, I love it.
Lt. Commander
# 28 But where is it?
09-11-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm loving the weekly episodes but it's now 01:20 hours on 12/9/10 and still I cannot access "Cold Comfort" so whats happening?
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerpants View Post
I'm loving the weekly episodes but it's now 01:20 hours on 12/9/10 and still I cannot access "Cold Comfort" so whats happening?
It won't be turned on until 11:00 PDT, which is about 2.5 hours from the time of this post.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Sure seems to me like the rewards are building towards either your avatar or a tierless, scaling (but okay) Breen ship.
After seeing what the reward is for the mission I think I definitely say WTH?

Snow Tubers.