Lt. Commander
# 1 new review of sto by mmorpg
09-17-2010, 11:11 PM
gives alot better review then previously. gives credits to dsahl and new staff. you can view the review at http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...-ReReview.html
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-17-2010, 11:22 PM
I just viewed the review. It does a nice review of the things we have recently viewed in STO.

Its nice to view that there are some who view the need of re-viewing sto to make a rereview of previous reviews..

And i must say that, right now, in retrospect i do believe that Star Trek Online will soar high in the years to come. The devs DO hear us, and Daniel Stahl is as good a executive producer as we could ever desire. Most executives these days seem to think that they are far too important to debate ideas with the community, but dstahl, rekhan and others are so in touch with the community that we sometimes forget who we are talking to.

I could only agree with MMORPG though that Klingon Content is still lacking not only on the present, but also lacking more ambitious plans for the future. We understand that Cryptic does not have the sheer manpower to make Klingon content comparable to Federation content, but we aren't pleased to hear that such difficulty will make it impossible or implausible on the future. It doesn't matter if it gets done next week, next month, next year or 3 years from now, ALL factions (Klingon, Federation, Romulan and etc) MUST have comparable content. After all this is Star Trek Online, and not Star Trek: Federation Online.

All in all, i surprisingly found myself playing STO every single day again since last week, and only after reading this re-review i noticed that i was once more having fun. STO future does looks brighter and brighter from where we stand
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-18-2010, 02:04 AM
This Patrick Gerard really seems to know what he is talking about (he actually played the game and/or informed himself well) which results in a, imo, quite fair review.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-18-2010, 02:46 AM
What we have been telling them for a while . We need raids !

Quote:
Unfortunately, the game's raiding system is generally regarded as a failure. The Special Task Forces, a five man raiding system, consisted of endless waves of trash mobs and gimmick boss fights that players had no preparation for in the game's other content. Development of these is on hiatus pending a more casual or possibly solo-friendly retooling of the encounters.