# 11
09-16-2010, 09:27 AM
I Vote Yes to the first post!!!
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Better, just get rid completely of the off-duty slot and allow us to wear what we want in any slot.
I'll probably never understand why they don't allow the cstore bought uniform slots to be both (off & on duty) in one at least, the tech for that is (or was) already in the game tho:
Picture as proof: http://i55.tinypic.com/28mhj5j.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
Or even better, get rid of the off-duty slot altogether and make everyone wear their uniforms again! You're in a military, soldier! We're at war... act like it! Polish those boots! Fighting Breen in an evening gown... sheesh. What has Starfleet become? *grumble*

Oh, and get off my lawn! :p
This.
I see people wearing the most ridiculous things while PvPing.

The point of an organization having a uniform is that it's decently... uniform. Sure you can have some variation when on duty, but gowns?

I don't have a problem with an off-duty set. I use it myself. When I'm on Risa. I don't think the game should even let you use your off-duty outfit if you're on the bridge, on a mission, or in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
I don't have a problem with an off-duty set. I use it myself. When I'm on Risa. I don't think the game should even let you use your off-duty outfit if you're on the bridge, on a mission, or in PvP.
Problem is, that it does already allow it, but at the same time disallows good uniform options (like the mercenary equipment on duty uniforms, for people who are not that fond of kits) and off-duty options (like mini skirts).
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Problem is, that it does already allow it, but at the same time disallows good uniform options (like the mercenary equipment on duty uniforms, for people who are not that fond of kits) and off-duty options (like mini skirts).
Yup. The whole thing needs cleaned up.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
Yup. The whole thing needs cleaned up.
At the moment I favour the simple solution of letting us combine everything. It can't get any worse in terms of people wearing inappropriate clothes in combat, but it can get a lot better for those who just want to get better uniforms and off-duty outfits.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
At the moment I favour the simple solution of letting us combine everything. It can't get any worse in terms of people wearing inappropriate clothes in combat, but it can get a lot better for those who just want to get better uniforms and off-duty outfits.
Thing is, they already lock out combinations that are inappropriate, clip, or are impossible. (For example, not allowing formal wear to mix with anything else or disallowing certain combadge/uniform combos.)

So they could certainly allow some to mix (if appropriate) and others to not mix, without segregating the type of costume slot... And in the case of the merc gear for KDF alts, I see two issues:

- You can't mix baldrics with chest gear. (Already not allowed on Klingon toons wearing chest armor. So they could do the same for merc vests.)
- The pants don't work on Gorn. (So you disallow Gorn from wearing the pants. Problem solved.)
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-17-2010, 04:45 PM
IMO you throw a combadge on anything and voila! its now a uniform.
Just let us mix and match as we see fit.

Also I hate the look of body armor and hide it on all my toons.... why not let that be customizable in terms of color and pattern as well? Its not like anyone can recognize a certain type of armor and plan their attack accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightw8
IMO you throw a combadge on anything and voila! its now a uniform.
Just let us mix and match as we see fit.
I think you need to look up the definition of "uniform". Namely... "uni". They have enough combinations already to give the definition a run for its money.. let alone if they allowed anything anywhere anytime.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Why don't we just drop the word "Uniform" altogether seeing as it's not even universal across your BOffs (applied individually), and has no bearing on your random ship crew or anyone else in your faction? It's an uniform in name only, enforced by individual player choices. Call them all "outfits" instead to avoid unnecessary and unreasonable expectations.

Trying to make a simulator in an MMO is costly and ultimately self-defeating.