Lt. Commander
# 11
09-11-2010, 03:48 PM
An LTS has a certain value in terms of months, but it also represents an option to play at any given future time. Like a financial option, that has a certain added value.

People who un-sub tend to not come back, but with the LTS, even if you leave, you can check back on the game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-11-2010, 03:54 PM
If you break down the numbers you will have to play 24 months before your purchase equals 12.99 per month. After 2 years is when it starts to pay off. But you will have to concider all the extras you may buy from the c-store and if a expansion pack comes out.

Personally I love Star Trek, so it was easy for me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I wanted to do it from the instant they announced Lifetime Subs.

I would have gotten one back then, but the promotion ended before my next payday, and I just couldn't swing it.

So I started saving....then sadly I got laid off in April....still managed to find a way to scrimp and save the $300 to drop for a lifer account. I shall never look back. I enjoy this game, and I didn't want a little think like having no income stop me from playing.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
I wanted to do it from the instant they announced Lifetime Subs.

I would have gotten one back then, but the promotion ended before my next payday, and I just couldn't swing it.

So I started saving....then sadly I got laid off in April....still managed to find a way to scrimp and save the $300 to drop for a lifer account. I shall never look back. I enjoy this game, and I didn't want a little think like having no income stop me from playing.
Well said Sural. I agree with these sentiments 100%. Amazing game and I plan to stay with it for quite some time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-12-2010, 01:09 AM
thank you for the responses

i was heavily leaning towards going lifetime, and i will now go ahead and do that. there were a few things holding me back (namely giant 200 holes in my wallet) but i do love this game and i think ill be here for a very long time so it makes sense in the long run to save myself some money.

thank you for helping me to decide.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
thank you for the responses

i was heavily leaning towards going lifetime, and i will now go ahead and do that. there were a few things holding me back (namely giant 200 holes in my wallet) but i do love this game and i think ill be here for a very long time so it makes sense in the long run to save myself some money.

thank you for helping me to decide.
Well. I hope you will be happy with your choice. I support your desicion, and look forward to seeing you in game. For ever... xD
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-12-2010, 02:35 AM
yay, my name is now blue.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-12-2010, 04:20 AM
I love all things Star Trek so it was easy for me to decide too. But I also like not always having to fish out my credit card. I'm an off and on gamer everywhere and I usually end up subscribing then immediately canceling to avoid next month's charge. LTS charges me once, I can leave and return as I please without any extra steps!

Edit: Plus this game grows, it had a rough launch, but it just keeps growing and getting better IMHO so for me Lifetime is worth it! But that's just my humble opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-12-2010, 04:26 AM
just bear in mind more LTS bonuses are on the way. Confirmed by Dstahl himself!
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-12-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm glad that I got the LTS. There are the perks that come along with it, but I'm planning on playing this game for a long time to come. It would be nice if one of the new perks that they put in for lifers is a C Store discount.