Lt. Commander
# 1 BO gender recognition training
09-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi Cryptic,

Can we get the BOs to refer to female captains as "ma'am" instead of 'sir?" My captain just got a cute pixie cut and a fetching miniskirt, but she feels as if none of her subordinates even realize that she's not a dude.

Please help before she does something rash to reinforce her femininity, like getting quantum implants.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-12-2010, 03:03 AM
Quantum implants wouldn't help, unless they detonate..hehe. There's no sex in game, either the good kind or just for the languages. As far as Cryptic cares, we're all just SF officers, and our gender means nothing, think of your toon as "Cannon Fodder" rather than a real person,nothing else is real here either,or acts like it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser711
Quantum implants wouldn't help, unless they detonate..hehe.
if u had red matter implants tho, you'd be gaurentee'd for having the most solid breats.

Your breasts would even put the entire CERN center to shame.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-12-2010, 11:53 AM
"Sir" is the correct term to use for addressing female officers that are of a higher rank than you: Military parlance.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Perhaps they'll expand on the Captain/Bridge Officer relationships sometime.
That female Borg of the crew really catches my eye! And I'm sure Chief medical officer Ohzten would love to play Doctor with a certain nurse of his.
Ju'rok and my Klingon science student are supposedly married for pete's sakes!

I'd actually prefer if they just called me Captain or by my name, sir sounds so... Starfleetish.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Female superiors are always called 'sir' in Star Trek aside from Janeway.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-13-2010, 04:40 AM
"I am sorry, we can not change military protocols for personal taste. Please reread the Star Fleet rules under: Proper identification of officers, section 5,paragraph 2."..
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-13-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Twilight
Hi Cryptic,

Can we get the BOs to refer to female captains as "ma'am" instead of 'sir?" My captain just got a cute pixie cut and a fetching miniskirt, but she feels as if none of her subordinates even realize that she's not a dude.

Please help before she does something rash to reinforce her femininity, like getting quantum implants.
In a military or psuedo-military change of command, I believe all officers are refered to as "Sir".
Yes-Star Fleet is psuedo military in design of its command structure.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-13-2010, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Twilight
Hi Cryptic,
Can we get the BOs to refer to female captains as "ma'am" instead of 'sir?"
As mentioned, a higher ranked female officer is still "Sir". Also, note the use of "Mister" to refer to lower ranked officers of either sex.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-13-2010, 07:19 AM
This is a very "Star Trek" thing though. Modern military has sort of cut this out because most female officers dislike being called sir (I tried once and spent 15 minutes at attention practicing the words "Yes, Ma'am" until the officer got bored).

But as always ST is a little behind. They were using the term Commodore as a rank well after the US Navy converted it to a title.