Lt. Commander
# 11
09-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Am I the only one who thinks TOS Enterprise Refit could be the Enterprise from Star Trek 09.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
So assuming that they are taking the TOS Enterprise and making a Refit T5 version, why would it be so bad? The whole idea I believe Cryptic is giving us is the ability to fly the "iconic" ships we want to. Who cares if it's "to the period" I just want to fly the thing.

It was one thing I was kind of disappointed in when I pre-ordered STO is that I got to fly the TOS Enterprise for like 3 days and had to upgrade. Thats also why I got the Excelsior was because it's a good looking ship, and snazzy to fly. I could care less about what it has on it. I'll adapt my crew to fit it. I'd love to fly the ST:II Enterprise at T5 also, but just because it looks cool.

That's my two cents.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks TOS Enterprise Refit could be the Enterprise from Star Trek 09.
Considering dstahl's commentary on that very subject, I'd say yes, you are the only one that thinks this.

Granted, if that is the case, then it'd be a PR nightmare. Because it's been specifically stated that they can't make that ship because of the movie licensing issues.
Lt. Commander
# 14 U.S.S Entente
09-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majosea View Post
The TOS dreadnaught , as far as I can remember only came out in the official blueprints book but someone posted a comparison of sorts .
http://www.shipschematics.net/startr...naught_dnx.jpg

The one at the top.
this might give a better view of the 3 nacelle Constitution

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/dreadnaught_entente_ref.jpg

or google images for USS Entente.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-14-2010, 06:25 PM
I really dont care, chronologicallity is very impractical in ST, When i started watching the movies, you watched WoK first because it was the best. Period.

Basically, i would like to fly T5 Connie, and a Dreadnaught(I think its called the Federation Class or something along the lines of that) Because if you arent with this, then your also screwing the klingons, the best ship on the Klingon Side (K'Tinga, Respectivly) is basically a D7, Which the Enterprise fought.

Might as well put the USS Enterprise supercarrier in the game XD JK.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-16-2010, 07:22 PM
...Wow.

Basically, by asking a question, I just started a flame-thread.

Why do I come on these forums anymore?!
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701LivesOn
...Wow.

Basically, by asking a question, I just started a flame-thread.

Why do I come on these forums anymore?!
Really? This thread is tame compared to some. I doubt anyone even lit a match.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbond45 View Post
When i started watching the movies, you watched WoK first because it was the best. Period.
When I started watching the movies, I watched TMP. Why? Because it was the only one that existed at the time.

Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
Whats the Tos dreadnought??? got a pic?
Here is a much better picture, do not let the appearance fool you it was three time the tonnage of the star trek Constitution class

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs45/f/20...emetlesits.jpg

People just do not know what they are talking about old ship. You people have forgot the DS9 show "Homefront" The USS Lakota (NCC-42768) a Excelsior class would have defeated the USS Defiant (NX-74205) If they used the quantum torpedoes the ship had. The Captain once given the order to destroy the USS Defiant (NX-74205) did not do it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Seeing as the devs have said that they eventually would like to have all the ships available at all levels, I don't see the problem, other than maybe why are they doing this one first.