Lt. Commander
# 21
09-18-2010, 02:24 AM
There should NEVER, in 2409/2410, be a Tier 5 Connie.

Yes, the ship is awesome to look at but it has a stick thin hull and is awesomely small compared to the Sovvie... just no, never, nicht, non, nein
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-18-2010, 02:32 AM
The Federation class dreadnaught in 3 variations

TOS

http://www.shipschematics.net/startr...ation_var1.jpg

WOK

http://www.shipschematics.net/startr...ation_upg2.jpg

and another possible refit around startrek VI

http://www.shipschematics.net/startr...ation_reft.jpg

Hope this helps and I really would love it if this made it into the game
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Holy eyesore when looking at that dreadnaught...

I have puke on my monitor now, if this is ever added, I will go for this ship exclusively in PvP.. It is more than ugly, it must be eliminated.

Id much sooner see the NX class ingame, than this abomination..
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
According to engineering reports, you will.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Just A game
09-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpell
Seeing as the devs have said that they eventually would like to have all the ships available at all levels, I don't see the problem, other than maybe why are they doing this one first.
It is just game. If a person want to run arond in 400 year old ship why not? They keep asking how do you get the realy old Star Trek Fans to play? By putting stuff they grow up on in the game easy one. People
how grrew up watching Kirk on the TOS TV show want that ship not the D or NX
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
It is just game. If a person want to run arond in 400 year old ship why not? They keep asking how do you get the realy old Star Trek Fans to play? By putting stuff they grow up on in the game easy one. People
how grrew up watching Kirk on the TOS TV show want that ship not the D or NX
THANK YOU.

Why do people treat this like a life-or-death scenario? It's a game, a game based on customization and expression and shooting things in the face with a phaser. Wether you do it with top-of-the-line remotes or old-school pistols should be up to the player, NOT to the diehards who honestly think the game is dying.

TL;DR Version:
YOU BLOCKHEADS.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-19-2010, 10:04 AM
maybe it's the tos connie from the abrhams movie?
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-19-2010, 03:23 PM
First off, there is a huge demand to have a retrofit program where you can literally upgrade your ship from one rank to the next. This system would allow you to take the Akira to captain, and then Rear Admiral ranks, simply by replacing the paper doll.

Cryptic went a slightly different route, and while they might include the above system, they are also doing a system where they make a Teir 5 version of a lower teir ship and give it a special ability. Each ship is designed to be balanced against all other Teir 5 ships so no one is more powerful than another, but at the same time offering differences that people could appreciate. (if you find the Excelsior better than the sovereign, then it's because the excelsior is closer to your play style than the sovereign. They are also talking about redoing the standard Teir 5 ships with better BO ability options, like getting rid of the third ensign and improving another BO slot to a better rank.)

All of this, come to my point. Teir 5 is were you are going to be spending most of your play time. So it makes sense to allow players to play with their favorite ship at that rank. This includes them being just as powerful as current Teir 5 ships, other wise they wouldn't be worth the effort. And while it may break cannon to allow such things it will improve the game. I will agree that the NX should be a teir 1 ship to be an alternative option to the miranda, but I know eventually there will also be a Teir 5 version and frankly I have no problem with it, simply because It's some people like it. And all arguments about why they shouldn't fly their favorite ship can be used on all ships except the new Teir 5 Cryptic ships. All of them appear at some point in the show which takes place around 2370, so at least all ships we have seen before would be out dated.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Holy eyesore when looking at that dreadnaught...

I have puke on my monitor now, if this is ever added, I will go for this ship exclusively in PvP.. It is more than ugly, it must be eliminated.

What would u like to see the toilet paper roll naceled connie or better yet the incredible ugly 2 mile long j that looks like a pizza pie with sticks comming out the sides?
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota2063 View Post
I will agree that the NX should be a teir 1 ship to be an alternative option to the miranda, but I know eventually there will also be a Teir 5 version and frankly I have no problem with it, simply because It's some people like it.
OK, I would roll another character just to use that.

As to the original subject though, I really don't see what on earth they're thinking about with a "TOS Enterprise Refit." As far as I always knew, that was the Constitution refit that we saw premiere in TMP which is already in game. For all those out in Cryptic land, a not so "cryptic" response to what you all have planned for this ship would be greatly appreciated.