Lt. Commander
# 51 TOS Enterprise Refit
12-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Got pulled a while back how know when we will see it.
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
Can't they already do that with the Aegis equipment though?
I believe they even were able to do it before - but it was a lot harder and so challenging that only some very few daring Captains even tried it.

All those people asking for a T5-Connie would only weaken this feat in that it'd become a daily occurrence and nothing special and it not taking any skill at all. Plus it would essantially only further the point that, at endgame, the only difference between ship classes is their "skin".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
Plus we've been fragging Negh'vars with T1 ships for a while now
That's a valid point, and something that majorly disturbs me every single time I play a new character through the early ranks. It just doesn't feel as if you progress at all - the ships you fight at endgame are the same ones you blow up in your first hour! ;(

Still, no need to add to existing mistakes. I'm also referring to PvP, currently the one instance where most of the ships in a battle actually look like they really are matched to each other.

What I want to say is ... I just want the fights to look like the Star Trek I know, and this includes old and outdated ships behaving accordingly when matched with contemporary designs.

I have absolutely no problem with people taking their low-tier ships into higher tiers. In fact, I kept my Vulcan's T2-Nova until late into T4 myself! What I do have a problem with is the wish to make them equal. That's just lazy (because they don't bother keeping their old ship), arrogant (because they don't care about the canonists) and in defiance of the setting's consistency/atmosphere (as it looks real stupid to have these ships perform no different from Starfleet's most advanced vessels).
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
There...people who want to play the old ships can have them and those who hate seeing 200 year old ships can take a little comfort in knowing that every so often, that old ship is going to go b@tsh$t crazy on its owner. Win-win.
This actually manages to make the T5 Connie idea so ludicrous it almost wraps around to reasonable again.

Just only almost
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-24-2010, 02:33 AM
do not want the connie to be T5 (wouldnt mind it being upgraded to T2 though)

buuut would love to see a TOS inspired T5 ship, like a battleship from that era though not all tricked out with canons and other nonsense - I would want something big and TOS and classy and sleekish looking
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandrominus
buuut would love to see a TOS inspired T5 ship, like a battleship from that era though not all tricked out with canons and other nonsense - I would want something big and TOS and classy and sleekish looking
-> move the Excalibur up from T2 to T5?
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
This actually manages to make the T5 Connie idea so ludicrous it almost wraps around to reasonable again.

Just only almost
Thats what I do. Thats my thing. I make crazy seem reasonable. Exception - ex-wives. Making them seem reasonable is beyond even my mighty powers.